Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 - Obsidian patch banks [RELEASED/AVAILABLE]

edited December 2020 in General App Discussion

Here is result of my sound design work in Obsidian for last 2 years. I really hope you will enjoy it and that you create lot of cool music with it - looking forward to hear your creations !

** Banks are available on GUMROAD ** https://gumroad.com/dendy **

Synthetic Autumn
PURCHASE AT: https://gum.co/gGaCR
Almost entirely (99%) made with just Obsidian oscillators, almost no samples.

Modelled
PURCHASE AT: https://gum.co/pggmb
Build using Model D multisampled few cycles waveforms.

Digital Analog Oscillations
PURCHASE AT: https://gum.co/nHOHZ
Build mostly with multisampled multiple cycles waveforms from various analog and digital synths.

now thinking to share them.. still not decided if i should be philantropist and give them all free, or i should sell them at least for few € to get back that months of work i invested to them :-) First i would be interested if those are interesting enough for you, if they sounds good and usable for you ... thanks for any kind of feedback, even criticism.

Comments

• are you able to get them added to the ns2 content store?

these are really good man!!!

• Only you can know. Your patches sound great!
    Do you depend on the money?
    If so, I'd give it a try and give them away for free at some point later so early birds can at least contribute.
    I don't think that the "market" is a huge one but why not try.

• I’m more of a start with presets and tweak from there. So I am Always in the market for new presets. I have no problems compensating artist for their work. I am an artist as well😊

• They sound great.

• It's your choice, but I would be happy to pay for these - they're great!

• Big thanks guys, really appreciate kind words !

• @dendy, your presets sound really good and surely are the result of lots of work/hours. 👍🏻

• I think you should ask Matt to add them to the NS2 store, as @reasOne suggested.

• edited December 2020

@Gratouilli said:
    @dendy, your presets sound really good and surely are the result of lots of work/hours. 👍🏻

hard to say exactly how much time i spend on them - but in average 3-4 months each, almost every day 3-4 hours at evening ...

think you should ask Matt to add them to the NS2 store, as @reasOne suggested.

we discussed this possibility, but at the end we agreed that i will release it on my own...

now i need to finalise some cover GFX and little demo tracks, i guess very soon i will put it on Gumroad.com

• Yeah man!!! I only work with presets so I can stay focused on making songs. I’d gladly pay for these as I use all yours anyway in NS2 :lol:

• These are awesome. Wow, great job on them. Here’s hoping I do a lot more on Nanostudio 2 this coming year.
    Whatever you decide on, please keep us posted.

• Such a great capable synth and you made creative use of it! I'd be interested! Let us know :)

OT but: we're not able to record automation from the synth parameters straight away right? Just the 8 macros can be automated?

• Another interested buyer here too, Dendy. They sound fantastic, mate!

• I'll definitely buy them.

• edited December 2020

@stelvio said:
    Such a great capable synth and you made creative use of it! I'd be interested! Let us know :)

OT but: we're not able to record automation from the synth parameters straight away right? Just the 8 macros can be automated?

yes just 8 macros (ok actually 10 - it's 8 knobs plus XY pad)... i never ever in any of my tracks needed to automate more than 10 parameters simultaneously - my way is always rather to map many different params to single macro and then automate this macro for total sound morphing :-)) of course on other side i understand why many people would rather have direct access to all params.. what to say, it is like it is, Matt's design choice..

Patch banks will be available VERY soon, thanks for all support, you all are amazing, i don't have too much selfconfidence in relation to those creations - i spend too much time with them so i lost overview, when i spend too much time with something it starts to me sound like crap lol :-))) so these warm reactions are helping me a lot :heart:

• I will buy them for sure.

• you have 3 amazing packs to sell separately 🙃

• edited December 2020

@cazel said:
    you have 3 amazing packs to sell separately 🙃

yeah i'ts mentioned as 3 packs, they are also very different by content - one is pure synthesis (synthetic autumn), 50 patches, second is based on model D multisamples (modelled waves) (sorta of single cycle waveforms, just not single bug multiple cycles :)) and third is based of various analog and digital synths (hence analog digital oscillations) (again multisamped multi cycles waveforms) .. so everybody can pick what interests him most :-)

Oh "funny" story about "Analog Digital Oscillations" is that i made around 60 patches (probably around 2 months of hard work) and then by mistake i deleted all of them, when i was trying to make backup :tired_face:

But i didn't gave up, i recreated some just from memory, made some new, and ended with almost 100 new patches :-)

• CHECK LINKS IN FIRST POST, I RELEASED IT INTO THE WILD :-) ENJOY !

• Thanks dendy! I just bought all 3

• hope everything is OK, didn't had chance to try it :-) just uploaded and configured everything, hope i selected reliable distribution portal :)

• I downloaded it to my iPad. I will try to install it after work today. (I have no idea what I am doing) and I will post if I am successful.

• edited December 2020

Picked these up. Nice work @dendy . I can tell you put a lot of work into these patches. Your directions work well.

• Just bought them all. Thanks @dendy

• Just hate the VAT😉😉😉the patches are amazing. Thanks so so much @dendy

• Bought all 3, partly because they excellent and I’m sure I can learn a lot from poking them, and partly as a tiny way to thank @dendy for all the NS2 tips and tricks I’ve learned from him already.

• @drcongo said:
    Bought all 3, partly because they excellent and I’m sure I can learn a lot from poking them, and partly as a tiny way to thank @dendy for all the NS2 tips and tricks I’ve learned from him already.

My sentiments entirely. I will also be a good test as regards can an idiot install these etc etc

• When I first read the post title I thought it said Obsidian was released as an auv3 plugin! 🤣🤣🤣 That would be so great. None the less still a great post. I’ll be sure to check out your patches!!!

• edited December 2020

@Charlesalbert
    Just hate the VAT

yeah, greedy governments.. we all hate it :-) Hope cryptocurrencies will be stabilised few years from now, that's the way out of greedy goverments jaws..

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I will also be a good test as regards can an idiot install these etc etc

i added into each package also small txt file with few tips for installation.. hope it helps :-)

• @dendy said:

@Charlesalbert
    Just hate the VAT

yeah, greedy governments.. we all hate it :-) Hope cryptocurrencies will be stabilised few years from now, that's the way out of greedy goverments jaws..

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I will also be a good test as regards can an idiot install these etc etc

i added into each package also small txt file with few tips for installation.. hope it helps :-)

Struggled a little (but, again, consider the self-source :))....do your patches have an identifying note/letter/mark in their individual name so one can see which are yours (as opposed to all the other bits and bobs :)...?