Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 - Auria pro not working

KLSKLS
edited December 2020 in Support and Feedback

No one using AB3 with Auria? Trying to launch Auria from AB3 makes Auria crash and erase all tracks from the project. Auria is listed as Not AB3 optimized in the list of compatible apps. Funny thing is that when I’m searching for info I find almost nothing.
Using ipad air 4, Auria Pro 2.28, ios 14.2. Tried different settings with sample rate.

I mainly use audiobus for recording guitars with BIAS and similar. In that way it is super easy to chose channel to record, listen to recording without having to bypass amp and so on. I don’t want to load BIAS as an effect in Auria, I don’t want to record clean audiofiles wich need the amp inserted as FX on every track. Maybe someone has a more clever solution?

Comments

• I don't know if it's of any help to say that when I use AB3, I always open every apps in "stand alone" mode before inserting them in AB3. I've noticed that it preserves me from a lot of troubles.

• @KLS said:
    No one using AB3 with Auria? Trying to launch Auria from AB3 makes Auria crash and erase all tracks from the project. Auria is listed as Not AB3 optimized in the list of compatible apps. Funny thing is that when I’m searching for info I find almost nothing.
    Using ipad air 4, Auria Pro 2.28, ios 14.2. Tried different settings with sample rate.

I mainly use audiobus for recording guitars with BIAS and similar. In that way it is super easy to chose channel to record, listen to recording without having to bypass amp and so on. I don’t want to load BIAS as an effect in Auria, I don’t want to record clean audiofiles wich need the amp inserted as FX on every track. Maybe someone has a more clever solution?

I’ll check it out. You should report it to the Auria developer (@wavemachinelabs) over on their web site.

In the meantime, if you record with Bias direct into Auria, you ca bounce to disk to bake in the amp simulation. Or you can send the track with amp sim’s output to a bus and record the bus to another track when you are doing your tracking.

• tjatja
    edited December 2020

Starting Auria first seems to work, as @Gratouilli wrote.
    There was a change in iOS 12 or 13 that made it more difficult to start things from AudioBus as before, IIRC.

Apple, as always.

Is there no alternative?
    A mobile OS that is as fast as iOS / iPadOS and can run binaries.

• @KLS said:

On my iPad 6 with iOS 13.7, it works if I launch Auria Pro first.

Rim (@wavemachinelabs) has indicated on the AuriaPro forum that iOS 14.2 has some bugs acknowledged by Apple that are making AP and some other music apps crashy. Apparently 14.3beta has resolved them.

We should all encourage RIM to update the AudioBus support to use the Audiobus 3 framework. I think AP still uses the AB2 API.

• Thanks for the tips! There is a topic in Bug report at the Auria forum with no response yet from Rim. Thinking it’s an ios issue, must be frustrating being an app developer... I thought of the bus send solution, tried it but did not really geting it to work. Will dig more into that tonight.
    Starting Auria before ab3 works, but I cannot then choose audiobus inputs in Auria, it’s blank.

• @KLS said:
    Thanks for the tips! There is a topic in Bug report at the Auria forum with no response yet from Rim. Thinking it’s an ios issue, must be frustrating being an app developer... I thought of the bus send solution, tried it but did not really geting it to work. Will dig more into that tonight.
    Starting Auria before ab3 works, but I cannot then choose audiobus inputs in Auria, it’s blank.

What didn’t work? I have done that recently. So it works but if you need help getting it started, post some screenshots of the setup that didn’t work and I’ll see if I can spot what is wrong. There is a u.i. weirdness in AP so that when the track is armed, you have to re-select the bus as the input source even if the track input was set to bus before you armed the track.

And after you record, you need to remember to set the track source back to track rather than bus.

• KLSKLS
    edited December 2020

Yeah, thanks a lot espiegel123, it works recording to the bus after re-selecting the input source. Not as simple as using audiobus (has to set track source back to to track after every recording for listening, as you said), but it helps a lot for now!

• Problem. Setting up system

What app dosent support ios 14. Aum or audiobus?

Cant start stop link across ipads. Even with an audio4c wired connection.

• edited October 2021

Might be fixed

But does audiobus need to be on both ipads. With local network on. Even with an audio4c?

Does audio4c just mean I can still start stop across ipads without internet?

Na its not working. Ipad mini on ios 14 had problem internally connecting aum and audiobus. Meaning sidebar wouldnt work.

Other ipad on ios 13 something. Sidebar works. Both sidebar work but dosent link start stop from one sidebar.

• Gosh what I would give for an Auria Pro UI update. Also darn you FabFilter for making me buy Saturn through Auria first.

• edited October 2021

• I cant get link to work.

• The lemon system of joy.