Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VirSyn AddStation - Preset folder export issue

I have prepared 63 (most kinda experimental) presets I thought I'd share with anyone interested. On export you have the option to choose folder which of course is the best, but it doesn't work so I tried one by one and that's no problem, except: they're zipped. Actually, that's a good thing, but not when you want 63 in one go because when you uncompress the zip it becomes a folder so to get them back together again is just too much. Anyone recognize the issue, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've wrote them but they have yet to come back with an answer.

Comments

• Someone answer question this so I can get these presets.

• @McD said:
    Someone answer question this so I can get these presets.

Haven't got an email response either. Guess it's busy times, or something? @VirSyn

• edited December 2020

I looked at this briefly and I’m wondering if you were in the folder view when you clicked share? If a folder was selected but not actually open then clicking Share offers an option to zip that folder. Maybe you already tried this?

• @yowza said:
    I looked at this briefly and I’m wondering if you were in the folder view when you clicked share? If a folder was selected but not actually open then clicking Share offers an option to zip that folder. Maybe you already tried this?

Not sure what you mean but let me add a screenshot where it says the folder is finished but it doesn't go anywhere. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see to many other options.

• Ok now select one of the zips you created in the lower exported objects list and click the share icon to share the zip or open in etc

• I see what you mean. It appears to not actually zip the whole folder even after offering you the option. It may be a bug

• @yowza said:
    I see what you mean. It appears to not actually zip the whole folder even after offering you the option. It may be a bug

Eh, that's what the thread's all about :smile: . I don't think it zips anything, the other files visible are ones I put there after. I don't know how to clean up the list either. Anyway, thanks for trying.

• @Pxlhg said:

@yowza said:
    I see what you mean. It appears to not actually zip the whole folder even after offering you the option. It may be a bug

Eh, that's what the thread's all about :smile: . I don't think it zips anything, the other files visible are ones I put there after. I don't know how to clean up the list either. Anyway, thanks for trying.

You can swipe left on presets or folders and the delete option shows up. Zipped presets do show up in the Files app “on my iPad/AddStation folder” but zipped preset folders don’t show there so that’s why it appears the folders aren’t getting zipped but presets are.

• @yowza said:

@Pxlhg said:

@yowza said:

You can swipe left on presets or folders and the delete option shows up. Zipped presets do show up in the Files app “on my iPad/AddStation folder” but zipped preset folders don’t show there so that’s why it appears the folders aren’t getting zipped but presets are.

Yezus how effing stupid, I did go in to delete the export-list in the app to clean it up. The moronic function, who ever wrote that should be ***, deleted the actual files too. I had exported quite a few one by one but they're all gone now and I have to start over. Well, another thing to write to @VirSyn about.

• @Pxlhg said:

@yowza said:

For me, it created a zip that had all the presets from the folder.

The user interface might be a little convoluted but the functionality is there.

I don't see a way to import the zip all at once -- and it doesn't seem like importing all (by selecting all in the folder and sharing to Add Station) works correctly. It looks like one needs to add them one at a time and save to the desired location.

@virsyn (sending him email -- even if he doesn't reply -- is probably the best way to get the info to him).

• @espiegel123 said:

Can you explain how you manage to do that? There aren't too many ways to go about it, as I can see, and even if someone else can't open all at once I sure would appreciate the option not spending an hour(well :) ) just to export +60 presets if I can do them all in one go. it's also a good option to be able to backup if not else. I have written already, before starting this thread.

• @Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

Can you explain how you manage to do that? There aren't too many ways to go about it, as I can see, and even if someone else can't open all at once I sure would appreciate the option not spending an hour(well :) ) just to export +60 presets if I can do them all in one go. it's also a good option to be able to backup if not else. I have written already, before starting this thread.

First, activate a preset from the folder that you want to export.

Then tap on the export icon. Tap on the option 'Create Zip for Instrument folder '

When you do that a zip file is created the AddStation folder visible that is visible in Files.

When I do that, I end up with a zip file that includes all the presets from my folder.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

Then tap on the export icon. Tap on the option 'Create Zip for Instrument folder '

When you do that a zip file is created the AddStation folder visible that is visible in Files.

When I do that, I end up with a zip file that includes all the presets from my folder.

Thank you! Well, it's how I do it too so somethings wrong on my end (14.2 and latest AddStation). I get a zip but it's not with my presets but instead a supposed template variation containing 4 empty folders for blocks etc. Tried to create another folder but it do act the same way.

• @Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

Thank you! Well, it's how I do it too so somethings wrong on my end (14.2 and latest AddStation). I get a zip but it's not with my presets but instead a supposed template variation containing 4 empty folders for blocks etc. Tried to create another folder but it do act the same way.

It works fine for me. I am on iOS 13.7. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Have you tried rebooting? If not, that sometimes solves some strange problems.

• @espiegel123 said:

Yes many times, this been going on for a while now. Well, that's probably it then, i.e the iOS version. I'll write them again soon. Thank you. :)

• @Pxlhg said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yes many times, this been going on for a while now. Well, that's probably it then, i.e the iOS version. I'll write them again soon. Thank you. :)

Btw, Harry often doesn't write back, but he does read bug reports that come in via email. I don't think he checks in here too often, though.

• Update 22/12 2020
    Today a fix came but to no effing value as the problem, at least for me, is exactly the same. Have emailed Harry at VirSyn, we'll see what gives. I'm sitting on so many presets I wanted to share for both AddSation and FRMS and both apps seem determined not to let me .. :D :D