Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Transcribe+ for separating stems on sale mon only

Normally $15 is $5 for mon only.

Comments

• Thanks for the reminder!!! Just bought.

• Damn, that was an excellent demo video.
    (you also made the most excellent and huge set of free iVCS3 presets. thank you.)

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, RSL.

• Does Transcribe let you place markers?

• It says it works with Apple Music, but not Spotify.

Does it work with YouTube???

• @espiegel123 said:
    Does Transcribe let you place markers?

Yes I believe so

• edited November 2020

@SNystrom said:
    It says it works with Apple Music, but not Spotify.

You could do screen capture video of YouTube and then separate the audio from that, or just run it through as a video file

• edited November 2020

@espiegel123 said:
    Does Transcribe let you place markers?

You bet.. markers can be named + given a color for easy access .. jump to the next one with a 2 finger tap (in betweven marker points works best).. Loop point can be turned on/off..

2 finger tap will pretty much reset anything you’ve adjusted.. pitch, speed + eq..
    Export stem(s) or just the looped section.. m4a, mp4, aiff, wav, caf, aac

Couple of things would make this a bit easier

• the disable button for the loop gets 1/2 hidden underneath the marker points when looping between markers.. it works, but it may be tricky to hit accurately every time..
    • wish the loop would snap to markers or have an option for it .. (completely manual adjustment right now)
    • I wish the same loop could be dragged up/down the line so that you could work in small sections at a time if you’re learning a riff or drumbeat etc... and not have to draw in a new loop section..

Otherwise.. I’d say it’s a great tool to have in the iOS toolkit..

I’m gonna use it for separating the drums from some tunes where it would be far easier to pick out the parts without the vocals and/or guitars etc...

• Super cool and super useful! Thanks for the info!

• edited November 2020

@SNystrom said:

For YouTube, check out Snippz

• edited November 2020

I've been digging Transcribe, but a complaint I have is that you can't overlap sections, or even have them butt up against each other. It makes it difficult (for my workflow) to have consecutive sections you want to work on with any sort of lead-in.

Also it would be great if there was a marker browser so you could quickly jump between sections.

• Just bought this and I would say it’s worth it for the stem separation feature alone (based on a quick test with a typical pop song).

My use case is transcribing music for cover songs, which I currently use Anytune+ for. Anytune has an EQ isolation feature, but it’s manual and you need to fiddle around to hone in on the proper range. And then you need to readjust if you want to listen to another instrument.

The fact that this splits the tracks automatically (via machine learning) into something very useable that can also be exported separately is fantastic. If you are looking to use the stems for sampling purposes I’m not sure as they still have that “over eq’ed” sound (maybe ok for vaporwave etc.), but for actual transcribing I can see myself using this from now on in most cases.

Thanks for mentioning this, I had no idea this app even existed :)

• @Liquidmantis said:

@SNystrom said:

Thanks!

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I've been digging Transcribe, but a complaint I have is that you can't overlap sections, or even have them butt up against each other. It makes it difficult (for my workflow) to have consecutive sections you want to work on with any sort of lead-in.

Also it would be great if there was a marker browser so you could quickly jump between sections.

I figured out how to send feedback to the developer, and got back a response within minutes. You can two-finger tap on the left or right side of the waveform in order to jump backward or forward to markers.

They're going to work on the loop separation, too.

• 🤯 ok....so I bought this a while ago....haven’t checked what was being updated because I was using AudioStretch because I could only load videos into that at the time, but WOW!!! I had no idea Transcibe+ had all these crazy features added!! Lol thanks for bring it back to my attention, The only way I could get stems from tracks like this was with Melodynes DNA ( which still is great cuz u can edit the notes pitch and timing) but this is awesome 😁😁😁😁😁

• Whoot, this is awesome!

Also, your tracks sound rad!

• Ho, hath I this begrabbed.

• Can I set my clock back 30 mins to buy it for £4.99 ( uk ) ?

• Dev said they have bpm detection on the road map. I suggested key detect for original sample. He seems receptive. Responded to my message within a couple of minutes which is always encouraging.

• OboObo
    edited December 2020

@SNystrom said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@SNystrom said:
    It says it works with Apple Music, ' but not Spotify.

Thanks!

You can actually create a shortcut on iPad to auto convert a video to audio. So I think this app could work for YouTube if you incorporate this.

Screen record from YouTube on your iPad, which also grabs the audio, convert to audio via shortcut you create through iOS, then I’m guessing you could push that audio file through this app to pull the stems. Let me know if you want a screenshot of how to set the shortcut, I have shortcuts setup for normal speed, 1/2 speed and 2x speed setup.

• Mind blown! 🤯. Super easy to use, can’t believe how well it works! Thanks for sharing

• @Obo said:
    Mind blown! 🤯. Super easy to use, can’t believe how well it works! Thanks for sharing

Nice example, really good separation on that one

• I passed on the sale. Tried with an m4a. It added a pop to all the stems at the beginning. The speed was decent but the quality was at best fair. Depends on your priorities. I just don't see a workflow where I'd be doing separations on the iPad. Adding BPM and Key detection would make it more compelling for a quick deconstruction of a song, but it doesn't fit my workflow. Seems inspired by Izotope RX Music Rebalance. Has promise but needs work.

• edited December 2020

@sigma79 said:
    Can I set my clock back 30 mins to buy it for £4.99 ( uk ) ?

These apps (Transcribe+, Let’s Unmix) use the Deezer’s open source Spleeter engine behind the scenes and the app is just a nice interface to use the engine to run splitting commands on audio files along with some extra features like pitch, tempo, looping, trim, etc. The results are the same using these two apps as do the export types (1 stem, 2 stems, 4 stems, etc). If you missed to grab Transcribe+, just get Let’s Unmix as it outputs the exact same results (they also have separate Drums Extractor and Vocal Extractor apps but Let’s Unmix does it all).

You can also install Spleeter on your computer and run commands on audio files to split them for free but the apps are easy and handy to use and worth it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spleeter

• @Obo said:

@SNystrom said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@SNystrom said:
    It says it works with Apple Music, ' but not Spotify.

Thanks!

You can actually create a shortcut on iPad to auto convert a video to audio. So I think this app could work for YouTube if you incorporate this.

Screen record from YouTube on your iPad, which also grabs the audio, convert to audio via shortcut you create through iOS, then I’m guessing you could push that audio file through this app to pull the stems. Let me know if you want a screenshot of how to set the shortcut, I have shortcuts setup for normal speed, 1/2 speed and 2x speed setup.

This sounds awesome. Glad I purchased before the IAP expired!

Thanks again!

• @MobileMusic said:

@sigma79 said:

These apps (Transcribe+, Let’s Unmix) use the Deezer’s open source Spleeter engine behind the scenes and the app is a nice interface to use the engine to run splitting commands on audio files along with some extra features like pitch, tempo, looping, etc. The results are the same using these two apps as do the export types (1 stem, 2 stems, 4 stems, etc). If you missed to grab Transcribe+, just get Let’s Unmix as it outputs the exact same results (they also have separate Drums Extractor and Vocal Extractor apps but Let’s Unmix does it all).

You can also install Spleeter on your computer and run commands on audio files to split them for free but the apps are easy and handy to use and worth it.

Thanks.

You think its worth sampling vocals for ios aum tracks?

• @sigma79 said:

@MobileMusic said:

@sigma79 said:

These apps (Transcribe+, Let’s Unmix) use the Deezer’s open source Spleeter engine behind the scenes and the app is a nice interface to use the engine to run splitting commands on audio files along with some extra features like pitch, tempo, looping, etc. The results are the same using these two apps as do the export types (1 stem, 2 stems, 4 stems, etc). If you missed to grab Transcribe+, just get Let’s Unmix as it outputs the exact same results (they also have separate Drums Extractor and Vocal Extractor apps but Let’s Unmix does it all).

Thanks.

The output from these apps depends on the input audio file. It’s not perfect and you will hear some artifacts especially if the tracks are bleeding into other areas, reverb, etc.

• @MobileMusic said:

@sigma79 said:

@MobileMusic said:

@sigma79 said:

Thanks.

The output from these apps depends on the input audio file. It’s not perfect and you will hear some artifacts especially if the tracks are bleeding into other areas, reverb, etc.

Thanks. Is this app as good as transcribe like you say?

Might send through other apps anyway.

• edited December 2020

Unlucky. Arrived at 11.05 pm to buy, but the deal had expired. Entirely my own fault for living in pesky Central Time I guess...

• I will just buy.

Bless you, MobileMusic.

• @MobileMusic said:

@sigma79 said:

@MobileMusic said:

@sigma79 said:

Thanks.

In this song, I was able to eliminate the original drums and insert my own contemporary drums -