Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gauss Field Looper update!

edited November 2020 in General App Discussion

Get the 1.0.1 update now!

• "Loop decay", for Frippertronic style looping
  • Seamless loops (no more tape-splice point between start and end of loop)
  • Support for USB audio interfaces and external audio hardware in the standalone app
  • All transport/record controls exposed as AU Parameters

Enjoy!

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1530684073

Comments

• Nice - thanks!

• Thank you!

• Great @brambos though there is still some noise when pressing the record button I notice

• edited November 2020

@Gavinski said:
    Great @brambos though there is still some noise when pressing the record button

this is as minimal as it will get.

• I don't know how you do it sir, but I love how you do it! Great work guys @brambos @Hainbach

• @echoopera said:
    I don't know how you do it sir, but I love how you do it! Great work guys @brambos @Hainbach

Thanks! Have fun! :)

• Great stuff, thanks :)

• Yay! Decay...love it!

• Thanks for the update!

• This sounds really really great! Thanks for the Update Bram!!!

• Thank you kindly.. 👏

• I wonder who will be first to post a video of the updates? I’m looking forward to seeing them in action... @Gavinski 🤞

• Fantastic!

• edited November 2020

@brambos said: "Loop decay", for Frippertronic style looping

I may be gone for some time. Very cool update! I've a long history of guitar-based looping (20 years or so) and it still amazes me how few loopers (hardware and software) have a decay control. If you could get half the Gauss functionality into a stomp box I think it would do very well indeed. I used to write reviews for some guitar mags and I always got given the looper pedals... :smile:

When I get some free time (who am I kidding...) I'm going to try and integrate Gauss into my guitar setup.

• @moodscaper said:

@brambos said: "Loop decay", for Frippertronic style looping

I may be gone for some time. Very cool update! I've a long history of guitar-based looping (20 years or so) and it still amazes me how few loopers (hardware and software) have a decay option. If you could get half the Gauss functionality into a stomp box I think it would do very well indeed. I used to write reviews for some guitar mags and I always got given the looper pedals... :smile:

When I get some free time (who am I kidding...) I'm going to try and integrate Gauss into my guitar setup.

Thievish absolutely true. Even the blooper has a crappy decay. It’s more like step decaying than smooth... Gauss is really amazing for guitar looping

• edited November 2020

@david_2017 - the new(ish) Infinity 2 has decay, but the loop splice points are pretty hard with little if any cross-fade, which is a real shame. Which brings us back on topic... (my fault :smile: )

Seamless loops (no more tape-splice point between start and end of loop)

Top job @brambos ! Really looking forward to taking the latest release for a spin.

• WOOOT!

• @brambos said:
    Get the 1.0.1 update now!

You should implement a "Tip" feature in your settings. "Piano Motifs" did that and some of the updates have made me slip him a gratuity. I suspect your updates would create additional rounds of funding to insure you keep updating your catalog with cool ideas we ask for. Like Moziac MIDI file support, maybe? I'm sure that's a tough one... maybe an IAP for something like File read/write.

• Hot take: the best pedal looper of the last decade is the Looper program in the Eventide TimeFactor.

Thanks for the update, @brambos! Looking forward to messing around with this some more.

• edited November 2020

This is the power of social influencer + great app developer relationships = applied user feedback and frequent updates

I can’t wait to see more creations from these partnerships!

This is the future of business in progress.

• Amazing! Perfect loops now. Thank you!!!

• Frippertronics? I’m in!

• @brambos noticed that I can’t select the mic on my Bluetooth headphones. Not that I particularly need or want to use the mic on bluetooth headphones... but does that mean a dedicated wireless mic wouldn’t work either?

• @skiphunt said:
    @brambos noticed that I can’t select the mic on my Bluetooth headphones. Not that I particularly need or want to use the mic on bluetooth headphones... but does that mean a dedicated wireless mic wouldn’t work either?

I query iOS for available input devices. If the wireless mic would be considered a dedicated input device by iOS it should pop up in the list. I don’t exclude anything so it’s really up to the system to manage the list.

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:
    @brambos noticed that I can’t select the mic on my Bluetooth headphones. Not that I particularly need or want to use the mic on bluetooth headphones... but does that mean a dedicated wireless mic wouldn’t work either?

I query iOS for available input devices. If the wireless mic would be considered a dedicated input device by iOS it should pop up in the list. I don’t exclude anything so it’s really up to the system to manage the list.

Just checked to see if filmicpro could select a wireless mic. It does, even the one on my headphones... however, you have to switch on “Bluetooth Microphone” in the app for it to detect them.

• @skiphunt said:

@brambos said:

@skiphunt said:

Just checked to see if filmicpro could select a wireless mic. It does, even the one on my headphones... however, you have to switch on “Bluetooth Microphone” in the app for it to detect them.

Yes, in this case that’s logical because it’s apparently seen as “one of the internal mics”. There are 3 in a typical iDevice and I suppose the one in your headphones becomes part of that set. Of the internal mics I always pick the best one in the device itself.

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:

@brambos said:

@skiphunt said:

Yes, in this case that’s logical because it’s apparently seen as “one of the internal mics”. There are 3 in a typical iDevice and I suppose the one in your headphones becomes part of that set. Of the internal mics I always pick the best one in the device itself.

No, I didn’t have it switched on. If you switch it on you can select the mic on the Bluetooth headphones specifically.

Again, I’m not saying this is even necessary, but if one wanted to use an external wireless mic as input, I’m guessing Gauss would also need to have a “Bluetooth Microphone” switch?

Here it is selecting the mic on my headphones