Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Faderfox pc12

Do you know if faderfox pc12 can be powered via mains and if 5pin midi to u44 will be ok for ios?

Comments

• Bought faderfox ( which wont arrive yet ) Most of my synths I tweak on screen ( even ripplemaker )

everything has buttons but oh man. Phasemaker. FM is so good and will prob be good for faderfox.

So a digitone vs loads of phasemakers plus probably effects control now ( plus maybe some extra looping options )

I guess it will be good for amazing patches and effects.

• I bet people would prefer a digitone, if they already had a nanokey. Nanokontrol and microkey?

• Feel free to comment ( obviously )

How would a pro use a faderfox?

Certain synths ( phasemakers, a ripplemaker that you might not press cycle and stuff with, a pure acid. Obxd. Maybe fieldscaper? effects?

Or generally just use for good patches that are just knobs/faders in combination with screen tweeking?

• £299 ( ebay ) ( reverb )

• £15 delivery.

Hope it works obviously.

£100 to buy cables.

Sweet.

• @sigma79 said:
    Do you know if faderfox pc12 can be powered via mains and if 5pin midi to u44 will be ok for ios?

Should be OK, the Faderfoxes only have big trouble with Bluetooth MIDI dongles.
    USB MIDI via CCK3 should work as well - the PC12 has class compliant USB MIDI, doesn't it?

Phasemaker is nice, another great FM synth is NFM by Nikolozi. It's my FM workhorse.

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

Should be OK, the Faderfoxes only have big trouble with Bluetooth MIDI dongles.
    USB MIDI via CCK3 should work as well - the PC12 has class compliant USB MIDI, doesn't it?

Phasemaker is nice, another great FM synth is NFM by Nikolozi. It's my FM workhorse.

Should be ok midi din but usb would be better.

Was going to post my envisioned maps but didnt. Here it is.

Think it will just be for 4 synths that arnt complex ( needing screen )

Probably 2 phasmakers ( because it sounded like a digitone ) to me anyway.

A pure acid or trouble maker.

Another synth.

A fieldscaper with external effects.

A sequence of samples with external effects.

Horizontal so 6 sections.

I think the blue buttons will be the only thing to re-learn but any screen synth added wont likely be many. So a launch app and maybe a launch effects ( likely mela with its filter and turnado for its multi effects ) and hopefully a reverb, delay and undulator for the synths on faderfox.

• You will likely need all knobs for one FM synth alone!

• @rs2000 said:
    You will likely need all knobs for one FM synth alone!

A phasemaker?

Faderfox isnt really that many more knobs but if its good. Will probably be better than a £300 synth if you include all apps but theres probably good £300 synths.

• From the Phasemaker manual:

• @rs2000 said:
    From the Phasemaker manual:

Will probably just program via screen. Then have knobs for live. Probably master transpose. At worst just an effects unit. I cant really use stool to sit with additions to system but can jump up when things are good. Maybe just a couple synths, plus a section for mic and sampler effects.

• If it works and is good. £315 seems a bargain instead of £411. Buying all this was becoming a money pit but cck, dj mixer cables and coaxial cables for free is ideal.

• edited December 2020

but then Iv got to buy another mdf panel for setup. A midi cable. A charger and usb for zoom u44. A charger for faderfox. Another ipad stand. A faderfox stand plus an ipad. All because of an idea but I think will be ok ( hopefully )

• @sigma79 said:
    but then Iv got to buy another mdf panel for setup. A midi cable. A charger and usb for zoom u44. A charger for faderfox. Another ipad stand. A faderfox stand plus an ipad. All because of an idea but I think will be ok ( hopefully )

All I can say is that NFM can be edited quite well (even better I think) on screen instead of by using a hardware controller.

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

All I can say is that NFM can be edited quite well (even better I think) on screen instead of by using a hardware controller.

I know. When bought I though most apps are best edited via screen anyway but if it means tweaking a synth via screen plus faderfox, then cool. Mononokes even. I could have just mapped some background apps to a nanokey but that will be for sb drum on other ipad now. I bet with all this control I still think its better to just work track by track lol. Hoping it makes for better music so even working in a daw ( from aum ) a track is 80-90 % complete but then theres lk and atom, drambo, possibly app which records automation.

I bet you would map to drambo?

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

Better for arms also. You can sort of curl into screen.

• @sigma79 said:

@rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

I know. When bought I though most apps are best edited via screen anyway but if it means tweaking a synth via screen plus faderfox, then cool. Mononokes even. I could have just mapped some background apps to a nanokey but that will be for sb drum on other ipad now. I bet with all this control I still think its better to just work track by track lol. Hoping it makes for better music so even working in a daw ( from aum ) a track is 80-90 % complete but then theres lk and atom, drambo, possibly app which records automation.

If you plan to get a newer Faderfox supporting banks of knobs then you can have all kinds of control scenarios inside Drambo for its different tracks, and both incremental encoders and classic simple potentiometers are supported.

• I owned the PC12 before. Loved the form factor and the size - not too small or big. But with that many knobs, it was begging for led-lit endless encoders. Good luck knowing what the parameter is at without having to twist the knob first.

• @ipadthai said:
    I owned the PC12 before. Loved the form factor and the size - not too small or big. But with that many knobs, it was begging for led-lit endless encoders. Good luck knowing what the parameter is at without having to twist the knob first.

It will be fine. Its got white markers on knobs. Plus it will just be for a couple synths. Thought it would be good for gauss but I think gauss will be better just to lauch app. Not sure.

• @rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

@rs2000 said:

@sigma79 said:

If you plan to get a newer Faderfox supporting banks of knobs then you can have all kinds of control scenarios inside Drambo for its different tracks, and both incremental encoders and classic simple potentiometers are supported.

Is there a newer faderfox?

• Well. I get double vision. Maybe it will actually be hassle.

• I can start with masking tape. To create zones.

• Its weird. When buying. You start to believe its a synth. Like it will have a great sound. Clipping etc but its just a midi controller.

• A faux led would be cool. Aum output.

• A fox led. I mean.

• Faderfox arrived. Seems good. Mapped come midi channel and cc.

If its bus powered dose it mean there might not be a power on/off button?

Will be powering from mains ( will have to get an extension anyway but will buy with switches on extension ) ?

• Serious question.

Can I input faderfox to a zoom u44 then midi out to another zoom u44 and use faderfox on both ipads?

• No worries. Its got another midi out.

• Hope it works. Was checking out another faderfox, which would actually be on the wrong side. Added ultratap to shoom. Then thought hmmm. Didnt think about effects. Then thought what about faderfox just arrived. Sweet if it maps on both ipads. ultratap is much better than shoom effects. I think I can control shoom with one hand and everything else with the other.

• Proper madness. The history of musics best rig.