Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• edited November 2020

@zilld2017 said:
    Madness!
    Who is Clark G?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Lampoon's_Christmas_Vacation

Dug that video above. Very cool use of Dedalus.

• Old screen recording using the Soundscraper scene morphing

• @Pxlhg said:
    A real crazy drum session, seven of them. No midi sequence just their own engines driving each other. It got a bit too distorted but real fun it was. Trying to figure out 'Ape Midi Send' and things just grew out of control :D [2 minutes]

Aw yeah, that was tasty

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Old screen recording using the Soundscraper scene morphing

OK, it was neat but got SUPER interesting around 7:30. Do you actually know what you're doing in Soundscaper? Or is this all a happy accident artifact! Either way, very cool. (Although even watching the video, and having mucked around thin the app, I have NO idea what's going on.)

• @tahiche said:

@Pxlhg said:
    A real crazy drum session, seven of them. No midi sequence just their own engines driving each other. It got a bit too distorted but real fun it was. Trying to figure out 'Ape Midi Send' and things just grew out of control :D [2 minutes]

Sounds like cannibal robot machines celebrating a ritual!. Don’t know how the hell you did it. What is Ape Midi Send?. Ape Matrix?.
    Nice one!

Thanks! :D Yes, it's included in ApeMatrix as of, I think five, AU "extras", (the others being: Gain Pan, Mixer Send Receive, Oscilloscope and V-Meters).

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:
    Old screen recording using the Soundscraper scene morphing

OK, it was neat but got SUPER interesting around 7:30. Do you actually know what you're doing in Soundscaper? Or is this all a happy accident artifact! Either way, very cool. (Although even watching the video, and having mucked around thin the app, I have NO idea what's going on.)

For the most part, I know what I'm doing. I start with an empty scene and build it up from there. The key is the samples are the oscillators just like in Synthscaper.

• edited November 2020

One hot minute with Poly 2 and iDensity. I just love how groovy this app is!
    Don't miss it while it's on sale! (universal, IAP for full version).

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/poly-2/id1477029326

• @aleyas said:

nice!!! i love poly .. it’s way too fun and sounds amazing with great features

• @aleyas 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• This is the first time I tried "playing" live in AUM so it's ungodly rough. Also ignore the 4 pixel resolution (idk what I did wrong lol. It's supposed to be crunchy but not THAT crunchy).

• I like it that crunchy...nice work Instaghost...👻

• @BITCRUSHER said:
    I like it that crunchy...nice work Instaghost...👻

Thank you!

• really feeling your choice of apps! @itsaghost spotted a lot of personal favs in there 🤘
    That 'speeding up' sound is really cool too, was that an effect or a sample?

• @aleyas said:
    really feeling your choice of apps! @itsaghost spotted a lot of personal favs in there 🤘
    That 'speeding up' sound is really cool too, was that an effect or a sample?

Thank you! I like to try to use some apps “incorrectly” if that makes sense? Specifically in this one, I ran Ruismaker and Agonizer into DerVoco (1 as a carrier and 1 as the modulator), but I threw a glitchy “destruction” looperator preset on there before feeding it into the vocoder so it’s not a typical synth carrier. I also use so many instances of Turnado and Looperator in a lot of my jams (even on the master sometimes) which is where the speed up sound was from.

• edited November 2020

Had time for a noodling session today - no big deal, just shoveled all work away and got out 3 of my fav synths and away i went

Sometimes i cant believe how soothing it can be to just empty your head and get lost in sounds and patterns..
    No drums or samples were harmed during this noodle - only coffee...

• Just picked up the acoustic drum kit IAP from Beathawk. I’m really feeling it! Figured I’d share a really quick clip to show how they sound since everyone is in the buying spirit and all...

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Had time for a noodling session today - no big deal, just shoveled all work away and got out 3 of my fav synths and away i went

Sometimes i cant believe how soothing it can be to just empty your head and get lost in sounds and patterns..
    No drums or samples were harmed during this noodle - only coffee...

That's really beautiful! Will serve as an excellent sunday breakfast jam here.
    You must have good coffee 😄☕️☕️

• @itsaghost said:
    This is the first time I tried "playing" live in AUM so it's ungodly rough. Also ignore the 4 pixel resolution (idk what I did wrong lol. It's supposed to be crunchy but not THAT crunchy).

how did you like the aum live jamming tho???? fun right!

• My latest project:

• @rs2000 said:
    My latest project:

Thanks for sharing! Truly awesome timbres! Could listen to this all day, especially when those drums drop.

• Thank you @aleyas 😃

• Thanks @rs2000 :smile:
    Actually I got 3kg freshly roasted kenian and athiopian coffee this week.

• @aleyas said:

This is just flat out sick. I can hear where this is going...nice work

• Some really great pieces in this thread. Thanks for starting it @reasOne
    Here’s a little slice of a longer “start to where ever it takes me” session i had tonight:

• @reasOne said:

@itsaghost said:
    This is the first time I tried "playing" live in AUM so it's ungodly rough. Also ignore the 4 pixel resolution (idk what I did wrong lol. It's supposed to be crunchy but not THAT crunchy).

how did you like the aum live jamming tho???? fun right!

It’s fun! I usually just use AUM to mess around and make loops but I’m gunna try to perform more, especially since I almost never actually finish and upload anything.

Also loved your drambo video! It’s very groovy. Also gave me the idea to incorporate XY pads more. I’ve always just ignored the 1 in Rozeta and Drambo but I can absolutely see it being useful now.

• @zilld2017 : very nice, interested to see the way you built from the initial input.

• @Prappe said:

Here is a little techno jam. Not screen recording but it’s a jam in AUM just for fun. 😊

Dope techno jam 👍

• @Pxlhg said:

This is great

• @rs2000 said:
    My latest project:

Nice nice nice.