Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zeeon busted on iPadOS 14 beta

just a heads up Zeeon on iPadOS 14 beta sounds like it just puts out a sine wave - no matter what patch is selected.

Still a few months to go but odds are it will remain busted when iPadOS 14 is released.

So plan accordingly 😌

Comments

• The dev of Zeeon is very responsive and I am sure he will fix it. I am running beta 2 still and have no issues with Zeeon but will upgrade now to 3 to see if its broken and if so I will report it to him.

• Does that go for both the stand-alone and AUV3?

iPadOS/iOS is still in beta and things will get fixed, don't forget to report the issues to Apple as well...
    ...also like always when 'bringing up issues' the more info the better, it might work well on an 'classic' iPad than what apple calls 'Pro' iPads etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

• So just tried it, it looks like the presets are all broken. The synth itself works fine. Will report it to the developer.

• I would not be surprised if this is already fixed when iPadOS 14 beta 4 or 5 drops...
    Is it broken in 'all hosts' or just some?

• Broken in all hosts and standalone..no issue with Sunrizer or Drambo.

• Whaaaat? I’m sure @giku_beepstreet will be on top of this.

• @stellare_modular said:
    Broken in all hosts and standalone..no issue with Sunrizer or Drambo.

Good to know, I'm just waiting for Drambo to allow control over oscillator start-phase and get additional filters from Zeeon and Dagger and then I can create all my patches in Drambo :)

I have a hard time to keep up with all the Drambo betas LOL....

• edited August 2020

@giku_beepstreet , @stellare_modular, @realdawei : can confirm Zeeon broken in AUM on IPad OS 13.6, AU crashes on load every time for me on my 2018 IPad Air, runs fine standalone

• On my ancient iPad Air 2 (iPadOS13.6) Zeeon still works fine on both stand-alone and AUM, Cubasis, BM3, NS2 etc.
    Makes me kinda happy that I've not upgraded my iPad to a more 'modern' one.

Regarding iPadOS14 I will be installing it on the day it gets officially released, no iOS/iPadOS betas for me...

• @realdawei said:
    just a heads up Zeeon on iPadOS 14 beta sounds like it just puts out a sine wave - no matter what patch is selected.

Still a few months to go but odds are it will remain busted when iPadOS 14 is released.

So plan accordingly 😌

A sine wave? That’s amazing. I was wondering why it wasn’t there from the start. Please @giku_beepstreet if you fix it (whatever it is) let the sine be with the other waves.

And what about a tiny touch of MPE? 😎

• edited August 2020

confirmed presets fubar (14beta)

• Zeeon still working fine for me in both AUM and AB3, iPad 6 with iPad OS 13.6, starting from the empty host and adding the AUv3 app.

For those having problems with iPadOS 14, could you check whether the filter cutoff is very low, or note tracking is off. That could make anything sound like a sine wave. Just trying to localize this glitch.

• edited August 2020

the glitch is simply the presets do not work. at all. none. the synth work as usual, just need to go oldschool and dial it in live muhaha

• Its just the Init Patch which is loaded, its not a Sinewave its a Sawwave with filter cutoff set to half.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    Thanks for the warning cosmonauts, will never use a beta-version on anything related to productivity myself so I appreciate your efforts!

I stopped taking my iPad seriously a few months ago...so now I just throw caution to the wind with beta OS...if things blow up oh well...never could trust this sheeet anyway

• Thanks for reporting this! Im on holiday. I will take a look at this when I come back.

• Won’t open in iPadOS 14.2 for me. Anyone else?

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Won’t open in iPadOS 14.2 for me. Anyone else?

Loads fine in stand-alone and AUv3 on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.2.
    Sometimes a force-reboot and/or memory-wipe does wonders.

• edited November 2020

@giku_beepstreet

Loads fine on my 12“ iPad Pro‘s on iPadOS 14.2 but crashes after playing a few notes. (Time spent playing <45 seconds)

Had restart, blank install, used simple „14 One classic brass“ from „Zeeon 1“ Preset-Collection.

So something seems to be 🐟

• @Samu said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Won’t open in iPadOS 14.2 for me. Anyone else?

Loads fine in stand-alone and AUv3 on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.2.
    Sometimes a force-reboot and/or memory-wipe does wonders.

Wow, that worked, thanks.

But now, I can’t restore IAPs. The standalone thinks it’s an AU:

• Mine is fine. I just did a quick test

• I’m on iPad 6 iOS 14.2 not a beta

• Zeeon seems to work fine on Air 3 with 14.3b2

• is there a synth like zeeon for desktop ? ( am in ableton 11 )

• Wish BeepStreet made all of their synths for macOS M1 computers...

• @NeuM said:
    Wish BeepStreet made all of their synths for macOS M1 computers...

+1, though I think Drambo is also available (not that I know how to use it).

Having a set of cross-compatible AUs like Sunrizer and Model 15 in our palette means transferring projects between iPad GB and Logic can be really straightforward. I would be happy with a Mac IAP unlock to see more compatible apps as there will inevitably be work to do to port/test/maintain the code.

I spent a lot more time in these synths since picking up my Mac and have maxed out the Model 15 IAP. Being cross-compatible increases their worth to me as a longer term investment.

• Did the issues in Zeeon get fixed? Do any of you know if it works well in iOS 15 under Keystage?