Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just starting out with FX, mixing, etc and since there are sales want to take advantage...

Help me fix in the blanks...

This is what I've bought thus far:

Duplicat - Tape Delay
Eos 2 - Reverb
K7D - Tape Delay
Thafknar - Reverb - I'm assuming I just need the Convolution IAP to make the plug work.
ChannelStrip (Audio Damage) - ChannelStrip - I've read that this plug is ok and there are better options.
iFX Rack - All-In-One - Not sure how good this is, but it was cheap.
DDMF Magic Death Eye Stereo - I know it's billed as for mastering, but can it be used for mono tracks? e.g. do I need to eventually buy the mono version?
DDMF 6144 - EQ

What do I need to round this out?
Saturn 2?
Anything from Audio Damage?
Pro Q 3?
Anything from Bleass?

Comments

• A lot depends on what music you're making, to be completely honest. It's like anything: the tools you need are, to some extent, dependent upon the end result you're hoping to achieve.

• Toneboosters make high quality apps, very similar to Fabfilter best less expensive.
    TB EQ
    TB Barricade
    TB Reverb
    TB Compressor
    TB Reel Bus

Black hole makes great FX apps as well.

Some people swear by a Barkfilter preset, Tripleband for good final mix & master. I like it.

This has been talked about a decent amount. Try searching the forum search for similar topics.

I like the effects that have visuals, especially for an EQ.

• Thanks guys. I'll keep on reading through threads. As usual with any forum, I find I get little nuggets of good info here and there.

I'd like to make EDM or similar in the realm of Ott, Sphongle, etc. So what works well with the EDM or Psy-trance genre?