Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Coming soonish: AU3FX series

At last, I know some of you have been waiting a very long time for this :) I'm porting my old AUFX IAA effect apps to AUv3 format. Note that these will be released as new AUv3 apps, not as updates of the old apps. (So don't go buying the IAA versions hoping they will be updated for free to AUv3.)

Comments

• Yaaaaaay!

• Nice! Instabuy for me. Literally the first fx apps I bought, years ago when I got my first iPad.

Now wish some of the veterans like Holderness Media would do the same!

• Much appreciated. These apps are legendary.

• No questions asked. No price too high. Hope it’s soon. 😎👍🏼

• Man - I’ve always wanted that delay as an audio unit. Love its layout.
    Is soonish sooner than soon?

• @aleyas said:
    Nice! Instabuy for me. Literally the first fx apps I bought, years ago when I got my first iPad.

Now wish some of the veterans like Holderness Media would do the same!

X1000

• iOS 12 support please (pretty please!)
    Can’t wait to use these as au’s...
    Love the iaa versions. Have had them since I got AUM and Audiobus way back!
    :)

• Might have to grab these...
    Hoping the AUM will gain some goodies too.
    (I would actually pay IAP to get the AUDynamicsProcessor as part of AUMs built-n effects).

• Saw this on Twitter other day. Sweet.

• Can't wait!!!!

• But, I did just buy the others 🤦‍♂️(granted, when you dropped the price last month...😏)

The AU in the name confused me into thinking they already were “v3”.

• wow - these were some of my earliest purchases. Nice!

• Instabuy! I loved the feeling of your effects, and it will be nice to use them in my workflow.

• McDMcD
    edited November 2020

@j_liljedahl said:
    At last, I know some of you have been waiting a very long time for this :) I'm porting my old AUFX IAA effect apps to AUv3 format. Note that these will be released as new AUv3 apps, not as updates of the old apps. (So don't go buying the IAA versions hoping they will be updated for free to AUv3.)

I just bought them all just to show appreciation for the workflow value I get from the AUM to AudioShare handoff. I think I put up 5 wave files into SoundCloud yesterday just by doingexperiments in AUM to create special effects (like glitching a track using CC's). It's like @BramBos Perforator but the rhythms comes from Funk Drummer with all those grace notes. To do that I used @BramBos Mozaic so he could see more customers if more people see the benefit... no other AUv3 does this. FAC Envolver gets close but can't do
    10 msec glitches for that extra crispy sound.

AUM is just such a perfect audio toolset. I wanted a tool to slow down a wave file... it was a feature of the AUM File Player with 1/8th to 8X range. Insane sounds emerge with a simple tweak of the settings and an LFO on RATE makes some total mayhem. A video Tutorial series on AUM for audio mangling is in order.

I will also buy the AUv3 FX you put out gratefully. I'm filled with gratitude and AUM makes my iPad and iPhone powerful tools for all my musical work.

I do hope you're working on that nasty MIDI slaving option with advice from @Michael. Sometimes I learn you've already added something I ask for.

• SECTOR AU... Coming soonish? :)

• @Dunamis said:
    SECTOR AU... Coming soonish? :)

That would be fun, right? I need to use Sector to drive my Mozaic CC Glitcher. Or import some loops into AudioShare and use the Aim file player to manipulate the speed to get at the demons hiding in the 1/8th speed playback.

• Are you still thinking about adding a looper element to AUM?

• edited November 2020

@robosardine said:
    Are you still thinking about adding a looper element to AUM?

Hope after the AU3FX series that Aum can get a little refreshment. My biggest desire is for an alternative channel view, or at least to be able to see 8-10 tracks at a time. A super simple midi file player equivalent to the current audio file player would be most welcome as well. And a shortcut to get to app’s midi control page. And locking the midi attributes of a channel (channel, filter, transpose, midi from), so they’re not lost when auditioning different instruments on the same track/channel.

Well, I guess that’s a bit more than a minor refreshment 😅 Maybe a tip jar too, so we long time Aum users can continue to help fund development!!
    ❤️

• @aleyas said:
    😅 Maybe a tip jar too, so we long time Aum users can continue to help fund development!!

@azul3D_Apps, the developer of Piano Motifs implemented a tip jar to fund updates at
    the request of his customers. It's a great option to make a beloved app produce steady income to fund extra features and attention.

• @McD said:

@aleyas said:
    😅 Maybe a tip jar too, so we long time Aum users can continue to help fund development!!

@azul3D_Apps, the developer of Piano Motifs implemented a tip jar to fund updates at
    the request of his customers. It's a great option to make a beloved app produce steady income to fund extra features and attention.

Yep, iOS apps are cheap enough as they are. Without IAPs it’s hard to expect a long future of updates and enhancements. I hope more indie devs will add tip jars to allow those of us that wish to support continued development, or simply to show our appreciation.

• @Dunamis said:
    SECTOR AU... Coming soonish? :) @j_liljedahl

+10!

• @McD said:

@aleyas said:

A tip jar would be cool to have, but I'm not entirely sure that's allowed according to Apple guidelines. From what I've read, an IAP must provide "something".. Other than that, I'd like to avoid adding IAP's in AUM, since it often give users the feeling that they paid for an app but then still can't access the full functionality, and it pisses them off :) Better then to use the excellent AUv3 format for any additional functionality.

• @robosardine said:
    Are you still thinking about adding a looper element to AUM?

oh that would be fantastic !

• @j_liljedahl said:

@McD said:

@aleyas said:

A tip jar would be cool to have, but I'm not entirely sure that's allowed according to Apple guidelines. From what I've read, an IAP must provide "something".. Other than that, I'd like to avoid adding IAP's in AUM, since it often give users the feeling that they paid for an app but then still can't access the full functionality, and it pisses them off :) Better then to use the excellent AUv3 format for any additional functionality.

You could offer something like a vanity IAP, like in Adobe Light room where you can change an 'identity plate'

• @j_liljedahl said:

@McD said:

@aleyas said:

what is your PayPal as I would just send you money for being a great Dev!!!!

• Maybe add various *wave neon themes as IAPs.

;)