Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria record levels

Apologies if this has been answered before but I'm struggling to understand how to see the record input level in Auria when I'm using an IAA. I'm trying to play Bebot (yes, I know it looks like a Fisher Price toy, but it actually has some really great sounds), into Auria. Simple right? However, when I click on Bebot in the "inserts" section of the channel strip window nothing happens, so I have to leave Auria whilst I go and open Bebot...but I can't see Auria (and therefore monitor the input level) while I'm playing Bebot. I'm sure there's an obvious answer but I just can't figure it out. Thanks.

Comments

• Also, I'm getting an error message every single time I open the app : "The project you're loading has a sample rate which is different from the sample rate of the other audio apps you're running in the background". I'm not running any other apps in the background. Please help! I have to say, I know lots of people maintain that this is the best DAW out there, but it's been one monumental ball-ache from the word go for me....

• Not sure about level input.

Is message there on all IAA. Does IAA have a on/off background setting in ipad settings?

• Thanks for replying @sigma79 . Message only appears when I open AP. No other apps are open. Can you clarify what you mean about on/off settings please? Do you mean AP's settings? If so, the only options are turn local network on/off, and access to microphone on/off

• Might just be a silly answer anyway.

Just meant maybe iaa has background audio setting in ipad setting ( where all apps are listed )

If you dont need background audio on in AP. Then maybe switch it off in the app ( listed in ipad general setting I think ) Or do opposite and turn background audio on.

Dont know mate. Just know thats where Iv seen background audio settings, so would see if its anything to do with that.

• Will try. Thanks sigma

• @Kashi said:
    Apologies if this has been answered before but I'm struggling to understand how to see the record input level in Auria when I'm using an IAA. I'm trying to play Bebot (yes, I know it looks like a Fisher Price toy, but it actually has some really great sounds), into Auria. Simple right? However, when I click on Bebot in the "inserts" section of the channel strip window nothing happens, so I have to leave Auria whilst I go and open Bebot...but I can't see Auria (and therefore monitor the input level) while I'm playing Bebot. I'm sure there's an obvious answer but I just can't figure it out. Thanks.

If you have run an IAA app since you last restarted the iPad, it may have set the sample rate. Also, if you don’t have an audio interface, your device may have a fixed sample rate different from what your Auria project is set to.

Try rebooting and launch AP before anything else. If you still get an error message after that, tell us your hardware setup and the sample rate your project is set to. Recently, I think AP starting defaulting to 48k when creating projects...which is a hassle on devices where default is 44K. I have a few projects where I didn’t notice that AP had done that.

• Thanks for your reply @espiegel123 . I did what you suggested, and the sample rate error message does not appear. However, every single time I open AP, I get an error message telling me that Auria crashed last time I used it, and asks me to describe the last thing I did. Even if there was no apparent glitch/bug/weird behaviour. Just to double check; do I close AP like all other apps? By just swiping it up? Or is there a different protocol for this app? more akin to closing some software on a laptop/desktop? Getting this error message every time doesn't exactly endear me to this app. I'm on the verge of getting a refund and switching to Cubasis....

• @Kashi said:
    Thanks for your reply @espiegel123 . I did what you suggested, and the sample rate error message does not appear. However, every single time I open AP, I get an error message telling me that Auria crashed last time I used it, and asks me to describe the last thing I did. Even if there was no apparent glitch/bug/weird behaviour. Just to double check; do I close AP like all other apps? By just swiping it up? Or is there a different protocol for this app? more akin to closing some software on a laptop/desktop? Getting this error message every time doesn't exactly endear me to this app. I'm on the verge of getting a refund and switching to Cubasis....

Strange. There is a new Auria Pro update (came out this morning). Maybe install it and reboot it and if it still happens let @WaveMachineLabs know

• Installed the update @espiegel123 . No change :( Still getting the same bullshit message. Have emailed WML...

• @Kashi said:
    Installed the update @espiegel123 . No change :( Still getting the same bullshit message. Have emailed WML...

What hardware are you running?

What OS?

Do you have an audio interface attached?

What sample rate is your project?

• @espiegel123 A 2018 6th Gen ipad. OS 14.1. No audio interface attached - I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 which I use with my Macbook/Ableton Live, so when I get round exploring that avenue, that's what I'll be using. The projects are now all 44.100. I deleted the project that was 48...