Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Instrumental Hip-Hop Album from Duke Wonder

Excited to announce that I’ve submitted my first instrumental hip-hop album. It was made entirely on iOS and will hit stores in December 4th. Any and all support would be greatly appreciated! ❤️

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/dukewonder/foundation-2

Comments

• Isn't instrumental hip-hop an oxymoron?

• edited November 2020

@McD said:
    Isn't instrumental hip-hop an oxymoron?

I know you’re being funny but I LOVE instrumental hip hop. Hip hop 12s always had the instrumental on the B side. It inspired the whole MoWax / trip hop genre which was a blast if not totally authentic. These days the genre seems to be defined in the mainstream as LoFi on Spotify and the like. That’s the closest I could find to an instrumental hip hop playlist anyway.

Wicked jam @DukeWonder ! Nice work 👊

• @DukeWonder Do you put this music out for dancing or as a kind of backing track for people to Rap over or just for listening? I have actually got up for my headphones yet to heck this out but I'll need to pee sometime tonight. Sometimes I check "Creations" to see if something slipped through without a single comment and I put it back on page 1 for another
    pass through the gauntlet.

• @McD said:
    @DukeWonder Do you put this music out for dancing or as a kind of backing track for people to Rap over or just for listening? I have actually got up for my headphones yet to heck this out but I'll need to pee sometime tonight. Sometimes I check "Creations" to see if something slipped through without a single comment and I put it back on page 1 for another
    pass through the gauntlet.

Mostly listening for enjoyment but also as a sort of marketing tool so people can get a few for my production style if they were to want me to produce a beat for them. I appreciate you bumping this.

@gusgranite said:

@McD said:
    Isn't instrumental hip-hop an oxymoron?

I know you’re being funny but I LOVE instrumental hip hop. Hip hop 12s always had the instrumental on the B side. It inspired the whole MoWax / trip hop genre which was a blast if not totally authentic. These days the genre seems to be defined in the mainstream as LoFi on Spotify and the like. That’s the closest I could find to an instrumental hip hop playlist anyway.

Wicked jam @DukeWonder ! Nice work 👊

The whole LoFi thing is really what encouraged me to release these as an album instead of trying to sell them as beats. There’s all sorts of LoFi Hip-Hop but all of it seems to be jazzy and sample-based. Which is fun but I wanted something a bit more modern out there. Also thank you 😁

Funny enough, I just uploaded a video for one of my favorites from the album. I was playing around with arped chords and found something I really enjoyed.

• @DukeWonder said:
    I appreciate you bumping this.

Good stuff can roll off the front page because people forget to comment. It's OK to just add your own comment to insure a few more views before it's lost to the archive forever.

But it's great when a conversation breaks out around an idea, a style, an artist, etc. That's where we learn more by getting some extra context and can test our assumptions.

I was in a coffee shop and a guy was sitting with his Mac and a small pad controller making beats for clients. Using Ableton. He gave me a link to check out his work.

• Yeah I didn’t want to do that and seem like I’m pushing my stuff too hard but I’ll keep that in mind.

Also yes it certainly is nice when that happens.

• Sounds great @DukeWonder! I can definitely imagine this with some good rapping or singing over the top. I like that arp near the end of Fin too - guessing this is your sly nod to the music you mentioned before you'd rather be making - EDM? 😉

• I will buy it now with out listening because of that cool AF trailer!!!!!!!!! 🔥

• @Gavinski said:
    Sounds great @DukeWonder! I can definitely imagine this with some good rapping or singing over the top. I like that arp near the end of Fin too - guessing this is your sly nod to the music you mentioned before you'd rather be making - EDM? 😉

Thank you. I think arped chords are my new favorite thing. And yes haha I think I finally figured how how to really combine the two in an effective way.

@onerez said:
    I will buy it now with out listening because of that cool AF trailer!!!!!!!!! 🔥

Thank you 😊 can’t take all the credit though. Distrokid made it possible.

• Really cool, @DukeWonder
    Awesome promo... Loved Fin :heart:
    Looking forward to this :sunglasses:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Really cool, @DukeWonder
    Awesome promo... Loved Fin :heart:
    Looking forward to this :sunglasses:

Thank you very much!

• The single is up on Spotify and I’m stoked. I was worried the extra compression I applied to the final master for the album would squash the dynamics but it still sounds fantastic. ToneBoosters really knows what they’re doing. ReelBus + Barricade tightened everything up perfectly.

https://open.spotify.com/album/53E6HdGDCqKoihNdm90pF1?si=28psGe_URCGIbU36dXwAkA

• edited December 2020

The album is live on all major streaming platforms. Posting Spotify since it’s my favorite.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6hGbYn9zBC8wstZzeTDufk?si=T-MVEbMnSC68Y-nzEnheUA

This was produced entirely on my iPhone 11 and iPad Pro using Cubasis for composition and AUM for mixing/mastering. My most used instruments were BLEASS Alpha, Lagrange, Kronecker, Bass 808, and EG Pulse. My most used effects were FAC Maxima, FAC Phazer, BLEASS Filter, BLEASS Chorus, and everything ToneBoosters.

I also realized I misspoke previously when I said this was my first instrumental album. What I meant to say this was my first instrumental album under the Duke Wonder name. Earlier in the year I released an album for my side project Chanced. The songs were made entirely on my P.O. 33 using chopped jazz samples and P.O. 32 drum kits made by @jakoB_haQ that I sampled onto my P.O. 33. I then recorded them into GarageBand on my iPhone using an iRig.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0pxLsfTZaELSZtx9IwHiw7?si=Hx9rQzNRTg22Q8lVwhuPUA

• Bumping this back up because I think some of you will appreciate this.

Also, this forum overall was very helpful in making this happen.

• Very nice, just enjoying ‘Smokey’, definitely worth a listen if you like mellow beats and atmospheres...

• Loving the track Pending !

But they are all so well produced I’d have thought I was listening to Jon Hopkins making music love to Fourtet :smile:

• @Krupa said:
    Very nice, just enjoying ‘Smokey’, definitely worth a listen if you like mellow beats and atmospheres...

Thank you! It’s my favorite on that album.

@dasgoods said:
    Loving the track Pending !

But they are all so well produced I’d have thought I was listening to Jon Hopkins making music love to Fourtet :smile:

Thank you! I don’t know about all that, definitely have some refining to do. But really appreciate it!

• Sounds great! Excellent production!

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Sounds great! Excellent production!

Thank you very much.