Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Different levels of forum membership? Poll

I have been reading a fair bit about tasteless and bad mannered posts recently - some of which it is claimed are directed at developers. This led to me thinking that there could be different levels of membership to help deal with this, along the lines of :-

Senior - Only for those people that actually post up and deliver their music (and with no upheld flags against them in the past year) - You need to earn your spurs!
Junior - for those that contribute in a manner full way - who have had no flags upheld against them.
Cadet - for those who have had disrespectful comments flagged and upheld against them in the past year - who then are required to reapply for Junior status.

Probably impractical - it’s more of an idea for discussion, and hopefully a bit of banter.

Different levels of forum membership - poll
  1. The idea of having different levels of forum membership is something I would like to see introduced.139 votes
    1. Yes - I agree
        9.35%
    2. No - I do not agree
      90.65%

Comments

• yeah, let's turn the forum into a police state. sounds real cool. :'(

hate to break it to you, but because you've posted this offensive thread, you've been demoted to a "cadet" and must work in the mines until further notice.

• edited November 2020

You don’t fix by dividing.

Edit. Having said that....I do appreciate it when I look at other fora where they have those grades by their names. If you haven’t interacted with them before it helps to understand who you’re talking to.

• True​ that if someone can see that someone has made thousands of posts over many years, they probably know what they are talking about, but I think that expertise and other qualities can become apparent reasonably quickly without some visible ranking system. Most people are quite good at getting a feeling for those things I reckon.

• I’ve noticed quite a lot of disrespectful posts towards developers recently and have tried to be a voice of reason - trying to tell people that whilst they might not realise it, it’s making developers stay away - and some youtubers too. A lot of people have agreed with me but it needs more people to speak up. I think people should always be honest about apps and content but there’s never any need to be unpleasant about it.

• I am sorry............ this is the internet. Shi% is said by dumb folks or by folks that we have no clue to what is going on in their life. I do not condone the bashing of Devs or anyone.... but this is not a police state. I have been around DEVs for over 30 years..... but come on just a little bit of thick skin might be in order?

rant off need more coffee.

• @onerez said:
    I am sorry............ this is the internet. Shi% is said by dumb folks or by folks that we have no clue to what is going on in their life. I do not condone the bashing of Devs or anyone.... but this is not a police state. I have been around DEVs for over 30 years..... but come on just a little bit of thick skin might be in order?

I agree with you but, sadly not everyone has a thick skin. Some people can’t develop one. Some people are fragile and we’ve heard plenty of horror stories about people who’ve fallen foul of internet criticism. I can’t see why people can’t just be kind.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@onerez said:
    I am sorry............ this is the internet. Shi% is said by dumb folks or by folks that we have no clue to what is going on in their life. I do not condone the bashing of Devs or anyone.... but this is not a police state. I have been around DEVs for over 30 years..... but come on just a little bit of thick skin might be in order?

I agree with you but, sadly not everyone has a thick skin. Some people can’t develop one. Some people are fragile and we’ve heard plenty of horror stories about people who’ve fallen foul of internet criticism. I can’t see why people can’t just be kind.

I know and it sucks....... I myself in my old age have looked back and crap I have said and wish I could take it back....... problem is for me is that especially this year not only with Covid and other personal items I need to be careful that what I say does not come out as crooked anger. I need to be positive in my life today or I will get eaten up by the depression Monster!!

And @Jamie_Mallender you are correct. We ALL need to try and be kind. And thanks I sometimes forget that there are all kinds of folks in this world and some might not have the tough skin that I pretend I have.......😀.

Peace!!!! And Make music!!!!

• edited November 2020

As a newbie to the forum and to electronic music making generally I really appreciate what I can learn here but I'm probably never going to be in a position to contribute fully so I guess I'll forever be a Cadet with all the trolls. Not something I'd be happy about. So go ahead if you want to create an elitist group of 'true' musicians but you can count me out...

• @palms said:
    yeah, let's turn the forum into a police state. sounds real cool. :'(

hate to break it to you, but because you've posted this offensive thread, you've been demoted to a "cadet" and must work in the mines until further notice.

HAaaaaaaaaa!!!

• If anyone ever messes with reddit, there's the points on comments
    This way the negative ones get hidden away. It may be more useful then it being user-level

• The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

• Would this be revised each day, in case today I'm a cunt and other days I'm more supportive?

• @robosardine said:

Senior - Only for those people that actually post up and deliver their music (and with no upheld flags against them in the past year) - You need to earn your spurs!

iOS has been revolutionary for me because I no longer try to make finished tunes. I have a session, make a lot of noise, rinse and repeat. However, I've accumulated a lot of knowledge along the way that I think there is value in sharing, much more value than sharing my music. No love of Spurs here, or hierarchical forums... or hierarchy at all now I think about it.

• How about a system where we can give a thumbs-up for helpful/enjoyable/productive contributions which add to that user's community rating.

100 thumbs-up gets you a gold star next to your Avatar, and 1,000 thumbs-up gets you 2 stars.

Silly idea?

• No. I do not agree. Period.

• I’ve never before posted a negative comment in this forum, but...

This is an abominable idea.

• My 2 cents....

1. This is a music forum. I assume there are a lot of members here that have released tracks and give out great advice but I have no clue how/where to listen to their tracks to see if the advice backs up their words; therefore, signatures or links to their tracks would be nice since that would allow us to see if they’re the real deal or just BS’ing.

2. Ranked tiers would be nice with names like Garage band/Niece’s birthday party/Local titter/City festival/Radio/National festival/Headliner. Tiers could be achieved by post count or some sort or Reddit-like up/down voting system.

• @rottencat said:
    I’ve never before posted a negative comment in this forum, but...

This is an abominable idea.

Negative comments also get you demoted :) ;)

• edited November 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

I wasn’t into the idea until you said that 😆

(I’m not into the idea btw, just amused by the labels suggested)

• Sorry, but that sounds like a terrible idea that will cause resentment and drive people away.

• @michael_m said:
    Sorry, but that sounds like a terrible idea that will cause resentment and drive people away.

yes. I think that the board is just moderated just fine.

• The worst idea since this

• I hate rankings, points etc on social media and forums. Turns it into a competition, even if you dgaf there's always that undercurrent. Really don't like that dynamic.

• Man, I’m already deep in the underground as is

• If you are asking my opinion, I respectfully submit, Heck no.

• Nah
    For one thing poopie heads and meanies are known to also post tracks (pretty good tracks sometimes) And I’m not a poopie head or a meanie (not on the forum anyways) and I don’t post tracks.

• Yeah - not a great idea. This is a (mostly) friendly place for newcomers and veterans alike without a need for a hierarchy. People on the whole seem pretty conscious of not getting into pissing contests - let's keep it that way. There's enough of that in this world already.

• If we’re voting, thumbs down from me on rankings.

I have seen on other forums where a couple of regular posters who also happen to be good citizens get “deputized” as moderators. These mods aren’t super heavy handed so it doesn’t feel oppressive.

That said I feel like this forum does a pretty good job of self moderating.

• No thanks

This is a very good forum and I’d like it to stay that way but censure and class systems (ie ranking etc ) don’t solve or improve anything anywhere.

Remove clear cases of hate, bullying or false information ( not honest mistakes ) but otherwise forge on!

( I know someone will point out that removing hate , bullying or lying is censorship ... but no-one’s rights extend that far IMO. )