Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your [TOP 3] favorite developers?

And go...

Comments

• No...

I'm biased.

• Biased results are allowed

• In no particular order, @brambos, @jimpavloff and @FredAntonCorvest

However right below those three genial geniuses, there’s a pack of also-greats.

• edited November 2020

If by ‘developers’ you mean their ‘product line’ / ‘company direction’ / ‘product support’ then on iOS it would be...

Sugar Bytes
    Fab Filter
    Kv311

• edited November 2020

Dammit, can I have 4? Blip Interactive deserves to be in there too, given how much I love NanoStudio 2. If I’d discovered it slightly earlier my twins would now be called Blip and Nano.

• All of them!

Except that one.
    (You know whom I refer to)

• edited November 2020

JimAudio, Bram Bos, Korg

• All of them as i dont want to exclude anyone. 🤪.

• All! Thanks for all your hard work and making this platform amazing!

• ToneBoosters
    Bleasss
    Bram and Kai are tied for third

• edited November 2020

Erm. That Audiobus bloke and then:

Sugarbytes
    @sonosaurus
    Korg

• Pick any 3 from here. They’re all awesome.

• edited November 2020

To all these devs : this was a way to show how much we love you and shit 😏

• I wonder if they sometimes use apps by other devs, or do they just quickly make their own for what ever they need in a track while we mere mortals have to live with whatever’s been released and hope for something better to come?

• @jolico said:
    Pick any 3 from here. They’re all awesome.

Where did you take this screenshot? I'm just eager to add an other website to my favorites.

• @jolico said:
    I wonder if they sometimes use apps by other devs, or do they just quickly make their own for what ever they need in a track while we mere mortals have to live with whatever’s been released and hope for something better to come?

I love this idea.

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@jolico said:
    I wonder if they sometimes use apps by other devs, or do they just quickly make their own for what ever they need in a track while we mere mortals have to live with whatever’s been released and hope for something better to come?

I love this idea.

They probably use Drambo for that, just like the rest of us.
    🤓

• Gotta call out @Michael, @j_liljedahl and @brambos, first of all.

Thank you, gentlemen. For your dedication to make-better-ing. I salute you.

Where I lay my hat most often, would probably be:
    Blip Interactive
    FabFilter
    Eventide

But then:
    Alexandr Zolotov is an effing GENIUS
    Beepstreet
    Amazing Noises & apeSoft
    Igor Vasiliev
    Laurent Colson
    Erik Sigth
    Korg
    Moog
    SugarBytes
    etc.

And that’s without mentioning Olympia Noise Co., Marcos Alonso or a whole bunch of other people who climb the mountainside to bring us saffron. If you’ve done the hard graft from idea to execution and you’ve made an app, and it works, and you're reading this, and it has Ableton Link, and panning, know that I love you.

• Not doing the favorite thing. But i think the 3 most influential are @brambos @Michael and Kymatica.

• I can empathise with her....

Have you seen the news headlines recently???

Don't bother....

@iOSTRAKON

Biases allowed???

Oh....😂

In that case my favourite is........

• Paul the Musicman, aka 4pockets, is probably the most impressive one-person dev to me.
    He cranks out apps at a crazy rate, and many are incredibly deep and complex, or just bring brand new features to iOS.

I seriously don’t understand how he has the time to do all this development, updates, plus lengthy demo videos, and even just plain ol’ tunes, too.

• In all seriousness.

I have been very particular about my apps because I know what I need so
    I tend not to buy because of a dev per se, I buy an app because I need that tool.

My bias is towards the iOS platform itself.

That's it.

It's a fun place in it's strange convoluted way.

It encourages so I like it.

So let's groove on....

Next!!!!

• Couldn't really say 1,2,3 but definitely apesoft/amazing noises and IceWorks are near the top for me, also definitely Bram, SugarBytes, FAC, Toneboosters, Igor Vasiliev are all worth a mention, as is Kymatica for creating AUM in particular.

• It's very hard to give only 3, so I cheated a bit and added categories ;) my subjective opinion is:
    in category "Sound" : Beep Street / KV331 Audio / Moog Music Inc.
    in category: "Tech" : Korg / Sugar Bytes GmbH / Blip Interactive Ltd
    in category "Fast production" : Auxy / Apple / Kymatica AB

• So hard to choose.. so many great Developers.. even BlueVeek..

Respect them all..

• I have many many great apps from many incredible developers, I tip my hat to all.
    My tippy top is Rim.

• Since we’re on “The Forum,” I wish to thank the developers who are here the most to help us with our various issues.

First is @polaron_de (aka Markus) the developer of Thafknar.

Whenever anyone in the world has a problem or issue here, he is there with the answer almost instantaneously. Awesome app!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/thafknar-record-and-reverb/id572894725

Second would have to be @And_Nembrini with Nembrini audio. Nembrini had a number of issues when they first launched, and I was one of a number of forum members who were hard on the company for myriad reasons. Andrea was here early and often. Always honest and worked to make things right for us.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cali-dual-three-channels/id1535794673

Third would be Fernando Morales of Piano Motifs fame. @azul3D_Apps he has blended-over backward more times than I can possibly count to listen to forum members and improve his app exponentially to the benefit of us all.

Looking back, he might perhaps be #1 on my list, but I love all three developers equally so it’s simply splitting hairs.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/piano-motifs/id1506065573