Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

daily screen capture jams (post and listen)

Comments

• @auxmux said:

@Gavinski said:

@Krupa said:
    Thought it’d be nice to join in here with a very basic one...

This can be the soundtrack for your next documentary on Dolphins mating Chris! I love how Gauss can produce these kind of vocal sounds.

Yeah! This is epic!

Ha, cheers both, it wasn’t exactly what I was thinking but the definitely fits... I’m well happy with the expressiveness of the swams, but as you said in your tutorial Gav, is way too easy to over egg them :)

I’m loving this thread too, not too much commitment or pressure and wonderful things will pop out, good stuff everybody!

• @aleyas said:
    Definitely! I haven’t tried it with gauss yet, but I think it would work perfectly with loopers. Drone city.

The gist of the project is a sine wave through a pre-shaper. The sine wave then gets sent to 8 (or 16) shifters in parallel (pitched down). Both the oscillator and shifters are set to static pitches. The output then gets routed to a mixer, all pots set to 0. A bank of faders then controls mix volume for each shifter. The output then is routed to a post shaper.

There’s a couple other ideas I have yet to implement - a static delay before each pitch shifter, so that the oscillator hits the shifters at different points of phase.
    I also want to put in a switch to switch between major/minor/harmonic minor scales.

Edit: those faders can all be controlled by midi too. I bet some lfo’s controlling their levels would be pretty nice.

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    I’m gonna expand the project to 2 octaves. When it’s done I’ll put a link up for you!

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

that’s cool as elf! i don’t know how you made that but that’s magic

rad! id def like to get into that project and see how that works, you can get some nice sound scapes that evolve over time for sure!

i’m excited to see how that turns out
    adding dirt with reamp and saturn2 will make some crunchy drones pitch shifted all over the stereo field!

• edited November 2020

Progress update:
    Added a 2nd octave, also pitched down. Put a static time offset before each shifter. Did some trickery with the shaper, and added a stereo lfo to shape bias. Global transpose from the keyboard - which can also be played like a normal instrument (sans amp envelope).
    All thats left is a switch to change the minor / major / harm. min scales. Will be on patch storage tonight!

Here’s a better performance than the last video:

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    Definitely! I haven’t tried it with gauss yet, but I think it would work perfectly with loopers. Drone city.

The gist of the project is a sine wave through a pre-shaper. The sine wave then gets sent to 8 (or 16) shifters in parallel (pitched down). Both the oscillator and shifters are set to static pitches. The output then gets routed to a mixer, all pots set to 0. A bank of faders then controls mix volume for each shifter. The output then is routed to a post shaper.

There’s a couple other ideas I have yet to implement - a static delay before each pitch shifter, so that the oscillator hits the shifters at different points of phase.
    I also want to put in a switch to switch between major/minor/harmonic minor scales.

Edit: those faders can all be controlled by midi too. I bet some lfo’s controlling their levels would be pretty nice.

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    I’m gonna expand the project to 2 octaves. When it’s done I’ll put a link up for you!

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    Dirt is beautiful sometimes - which is why plugins like bitjuggler and reelbus exist.
    I wanted to make something that had that dirty, imperfect digital character so I turned to pitch shifters.
    This is what a sine through 8 pitch shifters in major scale sound like with saturation. And played with faders, not keys.

rad! id def like to get into that project and see how that works, you can get some nice sound scapes that evolve over time for sure!

adding dirt with reamp and saturn2 will make some crunchy drones pitch shifted all over the stereo field!

• @aleyas that’s sounding really good, and looks very playable!

• @aleyas said:
    Progress update:
    Added a 2nd octave, also pitched down. Put a static time offset before each shifter. Did some trickery with the shaper, and added a stereo lfo to shape bias. Global transpose from the keyboard - which can also be played like a normal instrument (sans amp envelope).
    All thats left is a switch to change the minor / major / harm. min scales. Will be on patch storage tonight!

Here’s a better performance than the last video:

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:

duuuude! that’s coming together! you gotta share that on the drambo thread too . i could jam on that instrument all day

• digging this! i never see anyone use bb but i love that thing!

to bad the forum is anti thumbs up button cuz it helps on threads like these

• A work in progress...I have lyrics but hate my voice...to be continued...🦻🏻

• @aleyas said:

Love this. So clever and sounds great!

• @aleyas @hacked_to_pieces @BITCRUSHER All those are awesome!!!!!!! Cool stuff up in here!!!!

• Wow, very nice. How did you set up spectrum to sound like that?

• Great idea for a thread, @reasOne . The barrier to entry here is so much lower than a "finished track" and the creativity on display is top notch.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Great idea for a thread, @reasOne . The barrier to entry here is so much lower than a "finished track" and the creativity on display is top notch.

😀

• edited November 2020

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Great idea for a thread, @reasOne . The barrier to entry here is so much lower than a "finished track" and the creativity on display is top notch.

ya man !! i think this is what a lot of us really do most the time, is just try out app combos in our host of choice and jam! it’s a shame they never get heard so i thought this would be a great way to share em, and it’s fun to see what kinda stuff everyone’s doing with all these great apps . no pressure to have a well mixed mastered track with changing parts, any ol jam or trick is invited 😌

• @reasOne said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

ya man !! i think this is what a lot of us really do most the time, is just try out app combos in our host of choice and jam! it’s a shame they never get heard so i thought this would be a great way to share em, and it’s fun to see what kinda stuff everyone’s doing with all these great apps . no pressure to have a well mixed mastered track with changing parts, any ol jam or trick is invited 😌

Yeah man, really really good thread idea 👌

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Wow, very nice. How did you set up the spectrum to sound like that?

I'm using the preset Sympathetic and modulating the Structure knob with an LFO.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Cool, thanks. Sounds great.

• edited November 2020

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Where do you find presets in Spectrum?

Edit: found it, it's in the Resonator.

• @Gavinski said:

@reasOne said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Yeah man, really really good thread idea 👌

genius! 😎😂

• edited November 2020

@reasOne @onerez @Krupa
    You guys showed some interest in the project, so here it is! The Polydrone is finished. I'm kinda proud of this one, so I hope you guys enjoy playing it! Pairs extremely well with Gauss, loopers, and modulation fx. The next thing I want to do is map the faders to my nanokontrol 2 and play it physically.
    https://patchstorage.com/polydrone-ambient-instrument/

Features:
    2 octaves of playable faders
    Tuning of 7 scale modes + harmonic minor available with quick scale selector
    'Character' from pitch shifting down (2) saturated sine oscillators.
    Tone control from pre saturation + wave shaping.
    Midi control over every parameter.

Here's a demo of it soloing over Gauss (check out the harmonic minor at 3:30)

• @aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa
    You guys showed some interest in the project, so here it is! The Polydrone is finished. I'm kinda proud of this one, so I hope you guys enjoy playing it! Pairs extremely well with Gauss, loopers, and modulation fx. The next thing I want to do is map the faders to my nanokontrol 2 and play it physically.

Features:

Funny you should mention this, I've just loaded it up into drambo, where it sounded great, so just about to load it into an AUM session :D

• Thanks for giving it a play!!
    And don't forget a healthy dose of reverb ;)

@Krupa said:

@aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa

Features:

Funny you should mention this, I've just loaded it up into drambo, where it sounded great, so just about to load it into an AUM session :D

• @aleyas said:
    Thanks for giving it a play!!
    And don't forget a healthy dose of reverb ;)

@Krupa said:

@aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa

Features:

Nods vigorously :)

• edited November 2020

@aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa

Features:

Uggggggg. This is why I need to learn more about modular and Drambo..... how to open this? Is it an instrument rack, an FX Rack? Cant open it. I am dense!!!! 😢

EDIT. Nevermind figured it out!!! Thanks for this.

• @aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa

Features:

dude there it is! so ready to jam on this after work! this is a great idea and creative thinking, thanks for sharing the project man!!! downloading now!!

• @reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa

Features:

dude there it is! so ready to jam on this after work! this is a great idea and creative thinking, thanks for sharing the project man!!! downloading now!!

It works really nicely with the A/B fader as a way to move between chords, great work, it is indeed like a mellow fundamental...

• Man, I didn’t even think to use the morph scenes! Glad I shared it cause now ya’ll are giving me ideas 🙌🏻

@Krupa said:

@reasOne said:

@aleyas said:
    @reasOne @onerez @Krupa

Features:

It works really nicely with the A/B fader as a way to move between chords, great work, it is indeed like a mellow fundamental...

• A clip of an ambient thing I made a couple of evenings ago. Planning to work more on it in the future.