Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• edited November 2020

@reasOne said:

@jolico said:

@reasOne said:
    this app really grinds my gears!!!
    when i add it to a jam already in progress, in aum or whatever host it comes in playing the default sequence and it is a major pain to have to delete the sequences from the drum n bass, maybe there’sa faster way, or go to another blank patch ... please tell me it’s possible to change the init patch to something QUIET!🤣

But then how will you know if your speakers are working or if you’ve gone deaf?

lol i just assume they are working since i’m working on a song already but it could just all be in my head 🤯

• How do you select a step to change the step conditions on it without switching it (and its accent if it has one) off?
    I am finding that if I am in step edit mode, then pick one of the steps that is already there - I switch it off - requiring me to put it and its accent back in again before proceeding with the selection of the randomness value.
    How do I pick a step to edit without switching it off?

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

. nvm .
    I'm obviously not firing on all cylinders today. :(

• @robosardine said:
    How do you select a step to change the step conditions on it without switching it (and its accent if it has one) off?
    I am finding that if I am in step edit mode, then pick one of the steps that is already there - I switch it off - requiring me to put it and its accent back in again before proceeding with the selection of the randomness value.

Just do it. Tap the step you need to adjust. No need to worry about getting your step back manually - it will get back automatically when you rotate the Data knob.

• @wim said:
    . nvm .
    I'm obviously not firing on all cylinders today. :(

• @jimpavloff said:

@robosardine said:
    How do you select a step to change the step conditions on it without switching it (and its accent if it has one) off?

Just do it. Tap the step you need to adjust. No need to worry about getting your step back manually - it will get back automatically when you rotate the Data knob.

So it does! Thanks Jim 😀
    btw - I had to go to the AppStore to get the update (twice - much earlier in the day and just five minutes ago) It didn’t show In my list of updates - so I wouldn’t have known about it if I hadn’t read about it here on the forum. I’m in the UK. I’m thinking others might be unnecessarily missing out on your sterling work.
    Cheers!

• edited November 2020

Pro tip:
    Use Pure Acid IAA as your main sequencer for drums (Ruismaker) and bass (P-202).
    Sounds even better when you layer them with Pure Acid’s internal sounds.

For extra spice, high pass that lovely little drum delay FX unit called AR-909.

• Probability. Not just an update. It’s a serious upgrade. Just GREAT. Thanks @jimpavloff

• @jolico said:

@reasOne said:

@jolico said:

@reasOne said:
    this app really grinds my gears!!!
    when i add it to a jam already in progress, in aum or whatever host it comes in playing the default sequence and it is a major pain to have to delete the sequences from the drum n bass, maybe there’sa faster way, or go to another blank patch ... please tell me it’s possible to change the init patch to something QUIET!🤣

But then how will you know if your speakers are working or if you’ve gone deaf?

lol i just assume they are working since i’m working on a song already but it could just all be in my head 🤯

well look at that! good stuff man thank ya

• @jolico said:
    😃

Coolio
    😎

• Oh nice update! 💃🕺

• Just wow on the midi output! Ty so much for this having a blast with it!

• Hang on, this is huge news isn't it? So PA can send midi note date to a DAW timeline? Holy shit please let it be true....

• P.S. That enabling the midi output for the drums in standalone caveat is gonna generate a ton of “this isn’t working”. Heh. Is there a way to add the midi settings menu to the AU or is that a limitation of AU/something else?

• Great news, thanks Jim. I’d been hoping for this but I never thought it would come along.
    Right..... I’m just off to try two- each with an AudioKit 808, and each of them with a Bleass Saturator 🤗

• @FPC said:
    Hang on, this is huge news isn't it? So PA can send midi note date to a DAW timeline? Holy shit please let it be true....

HUGE!

I’m loving it so much.

• HEY HEY this is awesome. THANKS @jimpavloff 💪🏼

• edited December 2020

@robosardine said:
    Great news, thanks Jim. I’d been hoping for this but I never thought it would come along.
    Right..... I’m just off to try two- each with an AudioKit 808, and each of them with a Bleass Saturator 🤗

😍😛😍 Lost in the whirly noodle notes man. Couldn’t do it without the Pure Acid bass going as well though - goes great with the 808. Having multiple Pure Acid sequencers is just a joy.

Couldn’t get it going in my Air 1 for some reason @jimpavloff I’m sure it was set up the same as the Air 2 I’m listening to at the moment.... pauses as mind drifts away to the fun coming tomorrow with this...
    I haven’t seen this ‘couldn’t connect virtual midi’ sign before. It’s on 12.4.8 if you are wanting to have a look. I was using audio slots as well in the Air 2 (not the midi ones) I tried the midi slots in the Air 1 but it didn’t offer a connection.

• Pure fun... Thanks...

It’s begging for probability...

• @jimpavloff Awesome! Just had Pure Acid running + driving Poison-202 + Troublemaker with the bassline midi out.. Huge sound.. fun stuff! Thank you 🙏

• Anyone having weird issues with Cubasis 3 with PA? It seems very unstable, while Cubasis 2 works good.

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2020

@jimpavloff said:
    Anyone having weird issues with Cubasis 3 with PA? It seems very unstable, while Cubasis 2 works good.

Just fired it up for the 1st time. Air 3 latest OS.

Writing midi note data to Cubasis 3 accurately from sequencer. Baseline synth controls are all way off but I have no idea if this is right or wrong.

Drums write midi data accurately to Cubasis too.

What sort of odd behaviour have you been getting?

• @FPC said:

@jimpavloff said:
    Anyone having weird issues with Cubasis 3 with PA? It seems very unstable, while Cubasis 2 works good.

Writing midi note data to Cubasis 3 accurately from sequencer. Baseline synth controls are all way off but I have no idea if this is right or wrong.

Crashes on project load, which lead to complete loss of PA's state (need to reload from Init). Sometimes knobs values not storing in the project (state saving problems).

• FPCFPC
    edited December 2020

@jimpavloff said:

@FPC said:

@jimpavloff said:

Crashes on project load, which lead to complete loss of PA's state (need to reload from Init). Sometimes knobs values not storing in the project (state saving problems).

Ok no crashes on project load (or anywhere else). Not sure about its state saving performance yet because I'm having other probs...
    Recording one instance of PA into CB3. Sequencer is turned off as I only want the drums. Drums are recorded perfectly but the bassline is still sounding on playback.
    By this I mean not the actual bassline from the preset (Higher State) but it sounds like the hi-hats are triggering the synth.

I'll dive deeper tomorrow. BTW huge thanks for implementing AU midi out.

Edit: well something is driving the synth. Now sure if it's the hi-hats now. I set the the midi out channels differently in the stand alone app.

Ok another edit: drums didn't record at all. The bassline was all generated by the drum note data. I'm doing something wrong.

• @FPC said:

@jimpavloff said:

@FPC said:

@jimpavloff said:

Ok no crashes on project load (or anywhere else). Not sure about its state saving performance yet because I'm having other probs...
    Recording one instance of PA into CB3. Sequencer is turned off as I only want the drums. Drums are recorded perfectly but the bassline is still sounding on playback.
    By this I mean not the actual bassline from the preset (Higher State) but it sounds like the hi-hats are triggering the synth.

I'll dive deeper tomorrow. BTW huge thanks for implementing AU midi out.

Edit: well something is driving the synth. Now sure if it's the hi-hats now. I set the the midi out channels differently in the stand alone app.

Ok another edit: drums didn't record at all. The bassline was all generated by the drum note data. I'm doing something wrong.

I have the same problem: baseline synth controls are all way off. I listened to the issue after the PA 1.5.0 update. I explain the issue in the Steinberg forum:
    https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=300&t=204822

On one hand, looks like a problem with Cubasis 3 because PA on Standalone and on Cubasis 2 works fine. On the other hand, PA was working fine before the update albeit with regular stability issues.

Steinberg forums has the following Known Issue listed Known Issue "CBT-317 MIDI event changes are ignored during playback. Issue planned to be addressed in a future maintenance update."

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206220404-Cubasis-for-iOS-Known-Issues

• I notice that the step conditions are not copied when you copy a drum pattern. I’m not sure if this has been done on purpose or not @jimpavloff but it sure would be handy for adding a subtle variation to the pattern you already have if you could add it in as an option.

• Had some fun with Pure Acid on vacation and decided to share.

• @DukeWonder Yummy Yummy Yum Yum :yum:
    Crunchy goodness with the right amount of groovy

• @senhorlampada said:
    @DukeWonder Yummy Yummy Yum Yum :yum:
    Crunchy goodness with the right amount of groovy

Thank you!