Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• edited October 2020

Hello.

I upgraded to an IPad Pro 2-20 and reinstalled this beautiful thing.

But I noticed most of the presets are missing, like higher state of consciousness.

I’ve uninstalled and all that. Does anyone know what’s happening?

Thanks.

EDIT; Well I turned off the option for it to go straight to Icloud , back to device only And they have all reappeared again :)

• I really wish this had AuV3 midi out.

The standalone is my main sequencer for AuV3s in AUM, but I need more instances.

Also, when layering Pure Acid’s drums with Ruismaker etc. you have to play with the buffers to sync the latency.

• edited October 2020

I’m getting weird crackles when triggering Pure Acid in multi-out mode via external midi sequencers.

In this quick example I have a simple drum pattern triggered by Rozeta Rhythm, but when I switch the Pure Acid drums to output on Bus 2 i get loads of crackles. it happens with other midi sequencers too, such as Atom.

This must be a bug, right?

• @tk32 said:
    I’m getting weird crackles when triggering Pure Acid in multi-out mode via external midi sequencers.

In this quick example I have a simple drum pattern triggered by Rozeta Rhythm, but when I switch the Pure Acid drums to output on Bus 2 i get loads of crackles. it happens with other midi sequencers too, such as Atom.

This must be a bug, right?

I don't remember what iPad you had but this sounds almost like the iPad is switch between high/low efficiency cores.
    What apps if you increase the overall CPU usage? (or buffer size?).

I can not reproduce this 'glitching' on my ancient iPad Air 2...

• edited October 2020

Thanks for the reply @Samu

I'm on a 2017 iPad pro 10.5

A friend of mine recreated the same bug on a 2019 iPad pro

• @tk32 said:

Kinda makes me wonder how 'Pro' these Pro iPads really are as they glitch way more than the older devices.
    What sample-rate was used, 48K?

@jimpavloff Is usually quite responsive to bugs and this issue should give him something ti bite on ;)

Cheers!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    What’s the main appeal for this as an AU, especially if you dislike (hate) acid basslines? I lose all oversight with stuff that doesn’t write out midi, having it hidden inside the plugin and not along my timeline.

Many people love the drum section and fx.

• Indeed the bassline sequencer is really great, would love AUv3 midi out or a separate bassline sequencer module. It’s really handy.

• @ehehehe said:
    What’s the main appeal for this as an AU, especially if you dislike (hate) acid basslines? I lose all oversight with stuff that doesn’t write out midi, having it hidden inside the plugin and not along my timeline.

PA is superb but I agree on the lack of MIDI out from the sequencer. If it wrote it's data to Cubasis 3 it really would be the best news ever.

Sound wise, that's difficult. Obviously this thing just sounds 'acid'. You could use it for other forms of music (especially with the excellent effects) but I think you'd always be actively trying to hide it's inherent acid-ness. Also, whatever form of music you ended up with, would surely always be very electronic. I don't think you could disguise that.

Acid is PA's raison d'être and that's just fine by me :)

• this app really grinds my gears!!!
    when i add it to a jam already in progress, in aum or whatever host it comes in playing the default sequence and it is a major pain to have to delete the sequences from the drum n bass, maybe there’sa faster way, or go to another blank patch ... please tell me it’s possible to change the init patch to something QUIET!🤣

• @reasOne said:
    this app really grinds my gears!!!
    when i add it to a jam already in progress, in aum or whatever host it comes in playing the default sequence and it is a major pain to have to delete the sequences from the drum n bass, maybe there’sa faster way, or go to another blank patch ... please tell me it’s possible to change the init patch to something QUIET!🤣

But then how will you know if your speakers are working or if you’ve gone deaf?

• @jolico said:

@reasOne said:

But then how will you know if your speakers are working or if you’ve gone deaf?

lol i just assume they are working since i’m working on a song already but it could just all be in my head 🤯

• @reasOne said:

Just load your patch in before sliding it in

• @Samu said:

@tk32 said:

Kinda makes me wonder how 'Pro' these Pro iPads really are as they glitch way more than the older devices.
    What sample-rate was used, 48K?

@jimpavloff Is usually quite responsive to bugs and this issue should give him something ti bite on ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, I've heard about this bug already from my users and currently investigating what causing it...

• @robosardine said:

@reasOne said:

Just load your patch in before sliding it in

this could work.. just mute the track before loading the au i guess. i don’t remember tho when it’s crucial 🤣 just wish the init patch was no sound/sequence

• Update!!!

• @jolico said:
    Update!!!

Sweet update! Thanks!! 🙏

• edited November 2020

Step conditions is a great upgrade for the Pure Acid sequencer. the GR-16 sequencer does this wonderfully

Thanks, Jim!

• edited November 2020

This is awesome news.

The multi-out audio issues were previously limiting my options for sequencing Pure Acid in AUM (with Atom2)... and now they are UNLIMITED!!

• does pa send midi out from the drums?

• @reasOne said:
    does pa send midi out from the drums?

Yes, Ch 10, but only the standalone/iaa has midi out as far as I know.

• @jolico said:

@reasOne said:
    does pa send midi out from the drums?

Yes, Ch 10, but only the standalone/iaa has midi out as far as I know.

cool! thanks for the infos!!

• Cool update! Please can we have step conditions with the bass sequencer in a future version too?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Cool update! Please can we have step conditions with the bass sequencer in a future version too?

+1

• edited November 2020

There is a few things it could be doing with - just to make it absolutely perfect mind. Likev> @Michael_R_Grant said:

Cool update! Please can we have step conditions with the bass sequencer in a future version too?

+2
    Great update! - not had the chance to try it yet but it sounds fantastic - can’t wait to set about it. Thanks Jim!

• edited November 2020

@Michael_R_Grant said:

Please 3+

• edited November 2020

I wonder if the dev would be opposed to partitioning the app to 2 addition AU options? - the bass section (with fx page) and the drum section (with fx page). Recently bought this and love what it can do - but I almost never use the drum sequencer, feels kind of cluttered when having several instances loaded for bass only.

• @aleyas said:
    I wonder if the dev would be opposed to partitioning the app to 2 addition AU options? - the bass section (with fx page) and the drum section (with fx page). Recently bought this and love what it can do - but I almost never use the drum sequencer, feels kind of cluttered when having several instances loaded for bass only.

That would be great

• Probability yes please