Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

While we're all cooped up inside, here're some Loopy Pro updates

Comments

• edited September 2020

My setup is just about right...just need a big loopy update!

I’m running logic as a digital mixer and effects processor, loopy is in the master I/O channel.

At the center is an RME digiface. USB 32 digital I/O channels:

-8ch ADAT mic pre (Artuia 8Pre)
    -8ch guitar input (SynQuaNon 13-pin breakout/filters) > Expert Sleepers ES6/ES3/ES7 ADAT
    -8ch iPad Pro > miniDSP USBstreamer ADAT> Loopy
    -8ch iPad > miniDSP USBstreamer ADAT> Jambe
    -A bunch of neve eqs clones / A buss compressor...

I use Logic for soft synths, effects, and routing. The ipad pro has a 12-button usb midi foot switch for all the loopy functions.

I can essentially track and remix any instrument on the fly.

• Home stretch now!

• I wonder if my game might be changed by this.

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I wonder if my game might be changed by this.

Pretty sure mine will be👍

• edited November 2020

Here’s hoping! I’ve gotta say I’m pretty chuffed with what’s already there, and I’ve still got so much to do after version 1.0. Expectation management though: version 1.0 is not gonna do midi immediately, or have a DAW-style timeline; that’s gonna come a little bit after because it’s just not ready yet and I want to get it out the door sooner rather than later. But it will be an AU and an AU host out of the gate.

The stuff I’m particular happy with right now (because that’s what I’ve been focusing on up to quite recently): the auto initial loop detection so you don’t need a footpedal, and the built-in echo cancelation which almost entirely eliminates capturing output from the speaker in the mic (on device and with PA gear). Both are pretty awesome!

• Hot diggety. Cheering you on from the stands here @Michael :)

• @Michael That sounds very intriguing!
    Speaking of timelines, I wonder if you were aware of the now demised ALK software by zenaud.io. It was a really cool arranged desktop looper, with record loops and playback loops on a timeline. There's still video of it around. It basically failed because the developer admitted to losing interest. I purchased it and started working up songs on it until I saw the writing on the wall and abandoned it for iOS about a year before it died. There were some good ideas in there though.
    Here's a good example of what it could do

• Go, Michael!

• @SimonSomeone said:
    @Michael That sounds very intriguing!
    Speaking of timelines, I wonder if you were aware of the now demised ALK software by zenaud.io. It was a really cool arranged desktop looper, with record loops and playback loops on a timeline. There's still video of it around. It basically failed because the developer admitted to losing interest. I purchased it and started working up songs on it until I saw the writing on the wall and abandoned it for iOS about a year before it died. There were some good ideas in there though.
    Here's a good example of what it could do

Wow, great demo!! Yeah, that’s pretty much what I’ve got planned for the timeline stuff, coming not too long after 1.0.

• And thanks guys 😊

• @Michael bloody amazing news! Game 97% changed in advance!

• @SimonSomeone said:
    @Michael bloody amazing news! Game 97% changed in advance!

👍👍

• Auto loop detection. This is gonna be good.

• @Ben said:
    Auto loop detection. This is gonna be good.

Yeah, it really rather drastically improves the user experience...

• edited November 2020

I'll buy Loopy Pro just to feel like I'm paying rent for your forum ;)

• love what you’re saying !

• @Michael Good luck down the home stretch for the initial release. This app has been a long time coming. The initial features seem really great. Perhaps a release this year?

• @Paulinko said:
    @Michael Good luck down the home stretch for the initial release. This app has been a long time coming. The initial features seem really great. Perhaps a release this year?

This year I think is a bit optimistic, as it needs to go through at least a month of testing, and I'm not ready for that yet. But at this stage (although I've long since learned not to make promises with this bloody project!), I'm pretty certain it'll be out H1 next year, maybe even Q1.

• Did someone sample that pin dropping? 😀

• @robosardine said:
    Did someone sample that pin dropping? 😀

😄

Marketing this behemoth is gonna be a job though. Yikes.

• Is it going to support at least as many time signatures as Loopy HD?

• Please, please, please, please, pretty please ... have the timeline follow Song Position Pointer (SPP) from apps that put it out, such as Xequence 2. If it does, it will fill a huge gap in the "DAWless" workflow.

• @DMan said:
    Is it going to support at least as many time signatures as Loopy HD?

Yep

@wim said:
    Please, please, please, please, pretty please ... have the timeline follow Song Position Pointer (SPP) from apps that put it out, such as Xequence 2. If it does, it will fill a huge gap in the "DAWless" workflow.

Yup

• Awesome! That's a huge big deal and dwarfs even the eventual midi looping. B)

• I’ll be glad to demo the F out of it for ya

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    I’ll be glad to demo the F out of it for ya

I’ll second that notion.

• @Michael said:

@wim said:
    Please, please, please, please, pretty please ... have the timeline follow Song Position Pointer (SPP) from apps that put it out, such as Xequence 2. If it does, it will fill a huge gap in the "DAWless" workflow.

Yup

OMG OMG OMG :) 🤗🤗🤗

• @Michael - just wondering - is Samplebot 2 still In the making? - or has Loopy Pro nudged it sideways?

This discussion has been closed.