Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NuRack Auv3 FX Processor by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• @wim said:

@GPinNYC said:
    I may have missed this answer if it was posted already so forgive me, what is the reason to buy any of the individual 4pockets effects if you own this? There are a couple of on sale this weekend so I’m asking Midi strummer included in this... is a different

The separate effects have more features generally. Strummer has way more features.

Here’s Slowmo inside NuRack

And here’s Slowmo standalone app with the extra built in FX

• It was someone at this forum that asked for a tuner, but I’m old and I can’t remember who - I had a word with the developer and he said it wasn’t the first time he’d been asked. Took him about 3 days. The man is amazing.

• Version 1.31 is out:

Added a new MIDI Modulation module that allows incoming MIDI notes to trigger an ADSR which can be used to modulate other components or synths using CC values.

This is useful for sending a modulation envelope to a destination synth using say CC1 etc.

• Version: 1.32 is out:

Added a new MIDI Remap module. This can be used to map MIDI CC values and MIDI Note On/Off values from one channel to another or from one value to another.
    Other minor bug fixes.

• Crazy that this app is still receiving feature updates for free. Bravo 4Pockets!

• Version 1.35 is out:

• Added a CC Generator module that can be driven using the automation tools.
    • Added a Pitch Bend module.
    • Added a new MIDI CC Monitor module.
    • Fixed an issue which caused the Spectrum Analysis window to pause on loading.
  • Hey, recently got NuRack - I can't find documentation (4pockets website is currently down)... I have a question:
    Is it possible to feed audio from a separate channel into 'VelocityControl'? essentially this would allow to create a 'sidechain' rack for any effect. Trying with multiple input in AUM, but can't figure it out.... any advice appreciated!

• I like NuRack, but really I wish there were more preset setups I could fiddle with. I’d rather not start from scratch building endless modular kits (although I do appreciate there are people who like doing that sort of thing). I rather like the MixBox CS app and end up going to it instead because of the ease of use and speed in getting back to recording and playing music instead of endlessly adjusting settings and trying to figure out what I need to add or remove from my effects chain.

• Don’t have this app yet probably will do at some point but it has a new patchstorage page, to share presets.

• @NeuM said:
    I like NuRack, but really I wish there were more preset setups I could fiddle with. I’d rather not start from scratch building endless modular kits (although I do appreciate there are people who like doing that sort of thing). I rather like the MixBox CS app and end up going to it instead because of the ease of use and speed in getting back to recording and playing music instead of endlessly adjusting settings and trying to figure out what I need to add or remove from my effects chain.

I could send you some.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@NeuM said:
    I like NuRack, but really I wish there were more preset setups I could fiddle with. I’d rather not start from scratch building endless modular kits (although I do appreciate there are people who like doing that sort of thing). I rather like the MixBox CS app and end up going to it instead because of the ease of use and speed in getting back to recording and playing music instead of endlessly adjusting settings and trying to figure out what I need to add or remove from my effects chain.

I could send you some.

Is it something you could post here on the forums for anyone interested?

• @FunksMaName said:
    Hey, recently got NuRack - I can't find documentation (4pockets website is currently down)... I have a question:
    Is it possible to feed audio from a separate channel into 'VelocityControl'? essentially this would allow to create a 'sidechain' rack for any effect. Trying with multiple input in AUM, but can't figure it out.... any advice appreciated!

I'm stumped on this one for now. If I understand what you want to do, you'd like to have the audio on one input channel hitting the Velocity Control module, then to be able to assign that to control something like a Gain control on another audio lane. What I can't figure out is how to automate across channels like that.

FWIW, you can view the manual in-app from the hamburger menu when you're not in Edit or Interface Builder mode. It doesn't even come close to this level of detail though. Scroll down to the bottom to get to Paul's YouTube channel. I put in about 20 minutes fishing around through videos, but that's the limit of my patience trying to wade through hours of video to find the 5 minutes I need.

I give up for now, but it'll probably bug me enough later that I won't be able to let it drop. 😂

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@NeuM I don’t think there’s a way to so this. The Velocity Control can only automate the Gain control if it’s on the same rack.

The compressor can take input from another rack (bus). That will give much the same results as trying to do it with the Gain control.

• @NeuM said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@NeuM said:

I could send you some.

Is it something you could post here on the forums for anyone interested? I can’t really. One of the bonuses of joining my Patreon is access to a Dropbox folder containing lots of presets for apps and samples and things like that. Making them available to anyone and everyone would be a bit disrespectful to my Patrons but I just thought, I could throw you some to help out. They’re featured in my videos.

• edited April 2021

@wim OK, I figured it out... If you run VelocityControl on your source audio channel, and use it to control the CC value of a midi CC generator, you can then route that CC as a midi controller to any other channel/plugin/knob/mixer/other instance of NuRack on other tracks - seems to work well!

p.s. I found the manual now thanks, i'd never run NuRack in standalone mode and the manual isn't in the AU version...

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@FunksMaName said:
    @wim OK, I figured it out... If you run VelocityControl on your source audio channel, and use it to control the CC value of a midi CC generator, you can then route that CC as a midi controller to any other channel/plugin/knob/mixer/other instance of NuRack on other tracks - seems to work well!

yeh, with more than one instance it's easy. I was trying to find ways to do it in a single instance.

p.s. I found the manual now thanks, i'd never run NuRack in standalone mode and the manual isn't in the AU version...

It is in the AU version for me. I never use the standalone. Strange.

• @Jamie_Mallender said:

@NeuM said:

@Jamie_Mallender said:

@NeuM said:

I could send you some.

Is it something you could post here on the forums for anyone interested? I can’t really. One of the bonuses of joining my Patreon is access to a Dropbox folder containing lots of presets for apps and samples and things like that. Making them available to anyone and everyone would be a bit disrespectful to my Patrons but I just thought, I could throw you some to help out. They’re featured in my videos.

I understand. Then please don’t bend or break the rules for me out of respect to your Patreon supporters. I appreciate the offer though. 👍

• I haven’t tried lately but I’m guessing it’s still not possible to map the output of a single controller to multiple parameters?

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@Krupa said:
    I haven’t tried lately but I’m guessing it’s still not possible to map the output of a single controller to multiple parameters?

I’m pretty sure that’s correct. I just tried and didn’t see a way.

You could automate a cc and use that to hit up AU parameters in another instance I suppose.

• @NeuM said:

Absolutely this. In my case, I wanted to prefer this to Mixbox, indie dev vs big company etc. But i'm a preset player, so 🤷

• @wim said:

@Krupa said:
    I haven’t tried lately but I’m guessing it’s still not possible to map the output of a single controller to multiple parameters?

I’m pretty sure that’s correct. I just tried and didn’t see a way.

You could automate a cc and use that to hit up AU parameters in another instance I suppose.

That’s a smart workaround, still, some sort of matrix for controllers would be a valuable addition to this app. Nice one wim 👍

• @ervin said:

@NeuM said:

Absolutely this. In my case, I wanted to prefer this to Mixbox, indie dev vs big company etc. But i'm a preset player, so 🤷

Ages ago I mentioned that it would be really useful to share NuRack presets in PatchStorage or similar. Specially with the amount of work it takes to build a personalized chain (with the ui stuff) it’d be really helpful to see what others have done.

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@NeuM said:

Ages ago I mentioned that it would be really useful to share NuRack presets in PatchStorage or similar. Specially with the amount of work it takes to build a personalized chain (with the ui stuff) it’d be really helpful to see what others have done.

🤝

• @tahiche said:

@ervin said:

@NeuM said:

https://patchstorage.com/platform/nurack/

• Version 1.43 is out:

• Version 1.45 is out:

• Added a new Stereo Remix module.
    • Fixed a few other small issues.

• edited September 2021

@White said:
    Version 1.45 is out:

Any idea what is the name in the app for the stereo remix module? I couldn’t identify it just scanning through the options.

EDIT: Found it. Add a module, under “Dynamic” you’ll find “Stereo Remix”.

• @NeuM said:

@White said:
    Version 1.45 is out:

Any idea what is the name in the app for the stereo remix module? I couldn’t identify it just scanning through the options.

Stereo Remix, inside Dynamic category

• @sharifkerbage said:

@NeuM said:

@White said:
    Version 1.45 is out:

Stereo Remix, inside Dynamic category

Yep. Found it. It’s not bad.