Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@_ki said:
    @wim Cool idea 👍🏼 and sorry i forgot about the Hypno Sequence. It also was missing on the Mozaic script list on the wiki, so i just added it.

Thanks for adding it.

Do you prefer we update the list ourselves when we post a script, or to maintain the page yourself? Either way is fine with me. B)

• Same - either way is fine.

The super-long table is a bit ugly to edit - but breaking it up into sections results in tables with different width columns which look quite bad and disturb reading the entries. I already tried several tricks, but none worked

• I've added my uber-simple 'TrigSeq' sequencer on patchstorage.

https://patchstorage.com/trigseq/

This is an UBERsimple 'sequencer' that lets you have a sequence up to 13 'notes' long. The sequencer has no timing information -- it listens for the MIDI trigger of your choice (CC or Note) and advances the step when the trigger comes in. There is also an optional trigger (currently a MIDI Note) to play the current step without advancing the sequencer.

For simplicity, this currently just has one page that handles configuration pads and the sequence. I may put some more work in and allow sequences up to 128 steps.

I use it to send notes to ChordPad (an AUv3 that comes with Tonality) to trigger chords. I play the sequence of notes on my keyboard or guitar -- and then use my Blueboard buttons to advance or repeat steps.

I tried to be write this to make it easily customizable. I optimized for readability rather than coding efficiency.

• @drewinnit said:
    @_ki you're a gentleman and a scholar. I really appreciate the time you've taken to help me.

Your latest code was 99% there, I made two small changes - I inverted the led on and off values, so that the button is lit when it is unmuted, and I also shifted the index value up by 16 - like you mentioned it was affecting the wrong row of buttons. Full code pasted below as reference

My only remaining question is whether you have a Paypal? I’d love to buy you some beer/coffee to show my appreciation. you've saved me hours of head scratching!

@OnLoad
      SetShortName {LPLEDS} 
      ShowLayout 2
      LabelPads {Update Launchpad XL LEDs from CC#3  v1}
      LabelKnobs { }
      for knob = 0 to 3
        SetKnobValue knob, 0  
        LabelKnob knob, { }
      endfor  

// LED Sysex 
      //       F0h    00h  20h  29h  02h  11h  78h Tmpl Idx  Val   F7h  
      sysButton[] = [0x00,0x20,0x29,0x02,0x11,0x78,0x00,0x00,0x00]

// LED Color constants (see Launchcontrol XL Midi manual, top of page 4)
      LED_OFF = 62
      LED_ON  = 12   // YELLOW FULL  
    @End

@OnMidiCC
      if MIDIByte2 = 3
        LatchPad MIDIChannel, (MIDIByte3 = 0)
        if MIDIByte3 = 0
          LabelPad MIDIChannel,{Muted}
        else
          LabelPad MIDIChannel, { } 
        endif      

for template = 0 to 2
          sysButton[6] = template
          sysButton[7] = 24 + MIDIChannel // Button index with offset
          if MIDIByte3 = 0
            sysButton[8] = LED_ON
          else
            sysButton[8] = LED_OFF
          endif      
          SendSysex sysButton, 9
        endfor
      endif
    @End

Any chance someone could put this on patchstorage as like "launch control" button LED or something? I am utter crap at coding and sysex takes it to another level of WTF for me. But I'd really like to play with this and get my leds to light up on my launch control in iOS.

• _ki_ki
    edited October 2020

@honkimon

To run the above script, use double tap and mark it all text in the code box by adjusting the selections start and end marker. The choose ‚Copy‘ to store it in the clipboard.

Now open Mozaic (standalone, in AUM etc) , open the CODE view , double tap to start selecting and then select all the existing code by moving the markers. Choose ‚Paste‘ to insert the copied launch control code.

Lastly press upload and then save the script using Mozaics save system.

• Does anyone know if the @OnTimer events occur asynchronously with the @OnMidi* events, i.e. could both potentially be fired at the same time or are they guaranteed to be fired serially?

• @MisplacedDevelopment All Mozaic Events are fired separately and don‘t interrupt each other

• @_ki said:
    @MisplacedDevelopment All Mozaic Events are fired separately and don‘t interrupt each other

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case!

• Novation LaunchKey MKIII is a great controller but sadly the pad functionality is reduced when not connected with Ableton Live.
    The 16 pads work in two modes: Drum and Custom
    Drum is not configurable, it transmits CC from 36 to 51 on channel 10, only one color.
    Custom is configurable through the Components software by connecting it to the mac / pc and you can configure note and color per key but global channel (from 1 to 16). Nothing else.
    When connected to the iPad, the Launchkey is displayed as two units: Launchkey MIDI and Launchkey DAW. It transmits and receives on both ports.
    In Drum, by sending cc from 36 to 51 to channel 10 of the controller from any software on the Launchkey DAW port, it is possible to turn on or off the lights of the pads and through velocity you can change color.
    Is it possible through Mozaic to make each pad become an on / off button with light on / off?
    In practice, at every pressure sent by LaunchKey in Drum mode on channel 10 of the Launchkey MIDI port, Mozaic should respond alternately by sending the same note on channel 10 but on the LaunchKey DAW port (or at least I think).
    Perhaps there is an easier way and you don't even need Mosaic but my brain is... clouding.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Tatobx said:
    Novation LaunchKey MKIII is a great controller but sadly the pad functionality is reduced when not connected with Ableton Live.
    The 16 pads work in two modes: Drum and Custom
    Drum is not configurable, it transmits CC from 36 to 51 on channel 10, only one color.

I think you mean notes, not CC's.

Custom is configurable through the Components software by connecting it to the mac / pc and you can configure note and color per key but global channel (from 1 to 16). Nothing else.
    When connected to the iPad, the Launchkey is displayed as two units: Launchkey MIDI and Launchkey DAW. It transmits and receives on both ports.
    In Drum, by sending cc from 36 to 51 to channel 10 of the controller from any software on the Launchkey DAW port, it is possible to turn on or off the lights of the pads and through velocity you can change color.
    Is it possible through Mozaic to make each pad become an on / off button with light on / off?
    In practice, at every pressure sent by LaunchKey in Drum mode on channel 10 of the Launchkey MIDI port, Mozaic should respond alternately by sending the same note on channel 10 but on the LaunchKey DAW port (or at least I think).
    Perhaps there is an easier way and you don't even need Mosaic but my brain is... clouding.

Yes, and it's fairly easy. You route the Launchkey directly to the app you're playing. In parallel, you route it to Mozaic. Mozaic's output should be routed to the Launchkey DAW port (if indeed that's the port you need to send to).

The LaunchKey is going to send a note-on/note-off combination every time a pad is pressed. The first note-on received means it's "on", the next means it's "off". The Mozaic script just needs to keep track of whether the "switch" should be on or off and send the appropriate commands to the Launchkey.

Controlling the LEDs is a bit more complicated than just sending note on/note off. I'm looking at the documentation now and putting together a short "untested" script as an example. I should have it fairly soon.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

Here's a "theoretical" script. I don't have a device to test it on.

@Description
      Toggle Launchkey pad lights on and off.
      Example only: NOT tested.
      Route Launchkey in parallel to the app to be played and to this script.
      Route this script to the "Launchkey DAW" port (I think).
    @End

@OnLoad

// You can set the pad colors individually in the arrays below.
      // Colors can be found in the Launchkey MK3 Programmers Reference Manual
      // 21 is a shade of green. 0 is black. 

oncolor[36] = [21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21,21]
      offcolor[36] = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]

// You can also set color behavior by midi channel below
      // Stationary color = midi channel 10 (mozaic 9)
      // Flashing = midi channel 11 (mozaic 10)
      // Pulsing = midi channel 12 (mozaic 11)
      colorchannel[36] = [9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9]

ResetNoteStates FALSE
    @End

@OnMidiNoteOn

// Check to be sure notes received are from the pads
      // This will need enhancement if custom channels or notes are used.
      if MIDIChannel = 9 and MIDINote >= 36 and MIDINote <= 51

// Toggle the note state between TRUE and FALSE
        SetNoteState MIDIChannel,MIDINote,(not GetNoteState MIDIChannel,MIDINote)

if GetNoteState MIDIChannel,MIDINote = TRUE
          SendMIDINoteOn colorchannel[MIDINote], MIDINote, oncolor[MIDINote]
        else
          SendMIDINoteOn colorchannel[MIDINote], MIDINote, offcolor[MIDINote]
        endif
      endif

@End

• @wim said:

```

Wow, thanks @wim for your work
    the script work only on OFF command
    the pads remain in the color I set in the OFF state
    I tried to understand the logic of the script and changed some parameters but the result I get leads me to a permanent OFF or ON state

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Tatobx said:

@wim said:

```

Wow, thanks @wim for your work
    the script work only on OFF command
    the pads remain in the color I set in the OFF state
    I tried to understand the logic of the script and changed some parameters but the result I get leads me to a permanent OFF or ON state

oops.

Please try changing

if GetNoteState MIDIChannel,MIDINote = TRUE

To

if (GetNoteState MIDIChannel,MIDINote) = TRUE

• @wim said:
    oops.

Please try changing

Ohhh Great!!! Now it works perfectly :)
    This script will be useful to many people because at the moment there is no other solution to configure the LEDs and being able to do it directly from the iPad is priceless.
    Now my first row of pads is flashing if I arm the track recording. Crazy!!!
    Thank you so much

• @Tatobx said:

@wim said:
    oops.

Please try changing

Ohhh Great!!! Now it works perfectly :)
    This script will be useful to many people because at the moment there is no other solution to configure the LEDs and being able to do it directly from the iPad is priceless.
    Now my first row of pads is flashing if I arm the track recording. Crazy!!!
    Thank you so much

Sweet! I didn't really expect it to work without a device to test on.

Did you find the programmer's reference so that you can look up the numbers for the colors?

• @wim said:

Sweet! I didn't really expect it to work without a device to test on.

Did you find the programmer's reference so that you can look up the numbers for the colors?

Yes, I found it and I also saw that potentially other things could be done but for the moment that's fine

• @McD, @_ki, @brambos

So I finaly finished my MultiChannelProgramChanger script. When I started making this script it was to be part of the ControlChain.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35373/controlchain-for-mozaic

It had to wait for longer arrays. Then some mistakes with saving old versions over newly updated code made me put it aside for a while...
    Since this program change table holds so many records it was important to allow exchange of all the data with newer versions of the script.
    Now that this function works reliably it is save to invest your time in finding the best patch combinations for all your synths.

Working with the ControlChain I found the need to selectivly disable some messages in the midi stream, like notes or midi clock.

So here is MidiCensor.

Download at patchstorage

• @Alfred said:
    It had to wait for longer arrays.

What? Arrays beyond 1024? Was there an update? I have touched Mosaic in months.
    I might make something I have envisioned because I really need something to work on since
    I've bought everything I'll never need.

• Yes, it was quiet a while by now. I got confused with all the labeling code.
    Since all problems are solved now you can finaly play with it.
    You seemed a little upset that I kept my program changer for myself.

• @McD said:

@Alfred said:
    It had to wait for longer arrays.

What? Arrays beyond 1024? Was there an update? I have touched Mosaic in months.
    I might make something I have envisioned because I really need something to work on since
    I've bought everything I'll never need.

Maximum cells for arrays is still 1024.

• Sorry guys, just noticed I botched the upload. Now you can download the MultiChannelProgramChanger. A year late, but here it is anyways.

• @brambos: are there such a thing as multiout midi plugins?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @brambos: are there such a thing as multiout midi plugins?

You can use MIDI channels for this I would guess?

• edited December 2020

@Krupa said:

@espiegel123 said:

You can use MIDI channels for this I would guess?

Kinda. In some cases, there are complicating factors that make using midi channels messy (though doable) in some cases and a more elegant solution would be to be able to direct the output through different wires to simplify downstream setup.

• @espiegel123 said:

Fugue Machine is multi-midi out.

• In AUM MIDI Generator/controller to MIDI consumer Instruments/Recorder (AUv3/IAA apps)
    are "point-to-point" associations and not BUS'es. And any source can be configured with point-to-point connections to multiple targets. So, the bus concepts are not limiting for MIDI
    links. One those point to point links you will still get the MIDI "bus" of 16 channels" and MPE traffic.

Now, the better question for me are the design limits for MIDI in other prominent DAW's.
    Can a single Mozaic instance be applied to 3-4 instruments in these DAW's easily or are you
    forced to run with one-to-one instances of MIDI FX to Instrument?

• Actually I also wanted this already, I use MIDI channels but they can be limiting and messy sometimes. In my case, I'd like to have 16 channels mapped 1:1 to tracks in AUM plus one channel controlling LEDs on MIDI controller. This way I need to sacrifice one AUM channel, which is not a big deal, but would be more straightforward if it has a separate MIDI output.

• wimwim
    edited December 2020

@McD said:
    Now, the better question for me are the design limits for MIDI in other prominent DAW's.
    Can a single Mozaic instance be applied to 3-4 instruments in these DAW's easily or are you
    forced to run with one-to-one instances of MIDI FX to Instrument?

There's no one answer to that. Each DAW has different implementations. All are hamstrung in many ways. None have as much flexibility as AUM, Ape Matrix, and Audiobus.

• I’m still hoping that amazing Mozaic sale that just passed will bring a new wave of code ideas, and ultimately scripts on Patchstorage. It Might take a little time, but I have to imagine a slew of new people purchased the app. So hopefully there will be more Mozaic codes being created and thought up. As if 190 of them wasn’t enough... lol. I truly love Mozaic.

• @brambos: any chance of a Mozaic companion plugin that is just for putting together custom u.i.s but has no scripting? Such an app maybe also has options as to how it’s widgets respond to incoming MIDI so that Mozaic scripts can puppet string them? I’d love to be able to build an all on the same screen collection of dials, buttons and sliders that can control the various controls of all the various synths and effects in frequently used setups.