Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hardware KORG OPSIX & SQ-64

OPSIX “Altered” FM synth

SQ-64 Poly sequencer

Comments

• OH Lordy, I need the sequencer I hope its small as it appears! Wow

• @oceansinspace said:
    OH Lordy, I need the sequencer I hope its small as it appears! Wow

https://www.gearnews.com/korg-arp-2600-mini-and-sq-64-sequencer-image-leaks-online/

Looks like it's a double-Volca size format.

• Man if its the HUB world for my trio of lil volca's Then all my dreams are had. I need a trio stand like I see so many have as well but now this throws monkey wrench. I am avoiding any euro rack rabbit holes but if this like $200 ish I can trade in random lil gear too. Cheer you know I am glad that volca mix was avoided as this is really what I would want. [email protected]

• Hey, that opsix tickles my fancy. And my Minilogue just died, thankfully. I smell a perfectly timed replacement.

• I'll be first in line when those sequencers start showing up on the used market. :p

• @oat_phipps said:
    Hey, that opsix tickles my fancy. And my Minilogue just died, thankfully. I smell a perfectly timed replacement.

Monologue died? What happened? Considering getting an XD finally.

• @auxmux said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Hey, that opsix tickles my fancy. And my Minilogue just died, thankfully. I smell a perfectly timed replacement.

Dropped it on concrete. I hated the thing, but it was an accident.

• 95% sold on the opsix (no thanks to that crappy intro vid). Bout to watch the Sweetwater video and decide to put my money down.

• Yeah, as usual the official vid doesn’t do it justice. Luckily many review/demo vids showed up today:
    https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=Korg+++opsix&sp=EgIIBA%3D%3D

• Wow, the SQ-64 looks like the perfect future sequencer for Drambo 😄

• Can't get a sense whether Opsix is multiitimbral or not. If you can't stack patches, the 32 voices is meh.

• Unfortunately it’s not multitimbral. Confirmed in the loopop demo. It’s very clearly not a technical limitation, as opsix preserves the tail of the previous patch when switching, just like the wavestate. What irks me most about it though is the lack of aftertouch. I’d be understanding if the built in keyboard didn’t have it, but the OP6 doesn’t even respond to it over midi 😑

All that said, I’ve been gassing hard for it ever since announcement last namm. Just a matter of time!

@auxmux said:
    Can't get a sense whether Opsix is multiitimbral or not. If you can't stack patches, the 32 voices is meh.

• @oat_phipps said:

@auxmux said:

@oat_phipps said:

Dropped it on concrete. I hated the thing, but it was an accident.

There will be a formal investigation.

@oat_phipps said:
    95% sold on the opsix (no thanks to that crappy intro vid). Bout to watch the Sweetwater video and decide to put my money down.

Don’t watch the 45 min Daniel Fischer vid unless you have $800 that you hate.

• Thanks @aleyas Then, I definitely have enough FM synths. With KQ Dixie, I can stack to my heart's delight.

• edited November 2020

I'm incredibly excited to see what the ring mod engine is capable of. It's been a fantasy of mine for a long time that there'd be a synth with ring modulation as the star center of it's oscillator section.. when I saw 'ring mod' printed on the front panel of that teaser op6 last year I legitimately freaked out. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing quite like it. For me that's what sets this instrument apart. The wavefolding and filter fm sections should be pretty cool as well. For pure FM, I'm also more than content with software - KQ Dixie, Dexed, Drambo are plenty.
    For hardware, the Twisted Electrons MEGAfm sounds really characterful and has great hands on controls. Hope to get one of those someday.

@auxmux said:
    Thanks @aleyas Then, I definitely have enough FM synths. With KQ Dixie, I can stack to my heart's delight.

• @aleyas said:
    What irks me most about it though is the lack of aftertouch. I’d be understanding if the built in keyboard didn’t have it, but the OP6 doesn’t even respond to it over midi 😑

From looking at the manual (page 81 and 104) (Poly)aftertouch is recognized and assignable as ‘Virtual patch’ source :)

• Niceeeee. That was like the #1 thing I was worried about, so relieved it responds to AT!

@R_2 said:

@aleyas said:
    What irks me most about it though is the lack of aftertouch. I’d be understanding if the built in keyboard didn’t have it, but the OP6 doesn’t even respond to it over midi 😑

From looking at the manual (page 81 and 104) (Poly)aftertouch is recognized and assignable as ‘Virtual patch’ source :)

• @aleyas said:
    I'm incredibly excited to see what the ring mod engine is capable of. It's been a fantasy of mine for a long time that there'd be a synth with ring modulation as the star center of it's oscillator section.. when I saw 'ring mod' printed on the front panel of that teaser op6 last year I legitimately freaked out. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing quite like it. For me that's what sets this instrument apart. The wavefolding and filter fm sections should be pretty cool as well. For pure FM, I'm also more than content with software - KQ Dixie, Dexed, Drambo are plenty.
    For hardware, the Twisted Electrons MEGAfm sounds really characterful and has great hands on controls. Hope to get one of those someday.

@auxmux said:
    Thanks @aleyas Then, I definitely have enough FM synths. With KQ Dixie, I can stack to my heart's delight.

Ah yeah, ring mod seems cool. Hoping this and Wavestate come out in keyboard-less varieties.

• All I can see is another 'app' wrapped in hardware...
    ...bring on the iOPSIX with a touch interface :D

• edited November 2020

I still want it, but was expecting it to be in the 5-600 dollar range instead of 800. At that price I get to thinking if I’m ever gonna bite the bullet and get an OB6 instead of a sub-$1000 synth here and there. If I were at least as good a keys player as a guitar player it’d be a lot easier to justify.

• @Samu said:
    All I can see is another 'app' wrapped in hardware...

KORG’s not gonna let it cannibalize, but I’d love a OPSIX/ESSEX gadget with just the Randomize button :D

• I’ll stick with digitone

• @Samu said:
    All I can see is another 'app' wrapped in hardware...

Namely NFM.

• That SQ-64 looks potentially pretty sweet. Seeing a price tag of 320 EUR which is $375. It's going to have to have some kick ass options for me to consider...

Though yes I'll probably still considering it anyways. :p

• @Dunamis said:
    That SQ-64 looks potentially pretty sweet. Seeing a price tag of 320 EUR which is $375. It's going to have to have some kick ass options for me to consider...

Though yes I'll probably still considering it anyways. :p

hehe I love posts like this that seem to only reinforce what is going on in my mind.

• Better quality pic of the SQ-64, so you can clearly see all the labels. Notice you got the 8 outputs for the D track on top, and says 1-16 for D at the lower left. So looks like ABC tracks for notes, and D track for drums.

I read a forum post where it will be able to be played like a keyboard, with chords and all, very cool if true.

Then you got the four unlabeled knobs on the right, which I'm guessing whose function will change based on what's on the screen. Just a guess though.

The price tag tells me Korg either put a lot of goodies in it, or just made it with solid materials, or maybe both.

I'm mainly hoping for simple and easy direct USB MIDI connection for computers.

• Looks pretty good...

• It's going to be released next year, which makes it a bit frustrating that we're seeing these videos now but maybe it wasn't entirely Korg's decision. Was there an actual leak?

It's going to be around Eu300, apparently. £270 atm.