Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Get it...!
    Kicks really hard, check Dougs latest stream...

• Is that an air2 (for cpu reference)?

• For 3$ it sounds great, BUT I just spent $26 on drum computer. Between it and Lumbeats and Patterning I think I’m good... I think I’m good (I’ll just keep telling myself that).

• @0tolerance4silence Doug has an iPad 2018 (6 Gen.) I only remember because it’s the same as mine..

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

Dollar for dollar, that is one hell of a lot of instant gratification! B) B) B)

• FPCFPC
    edited November 2020

Haha brilliant. Just been playing with Drum Computer for the last hour. This seems so simple in comparison. Good fun though and the crusher is filthy :o
    Sounds like every 12" I bought in 1993!

• Yes, you can turn up the filth to mega levels.
    Check the end part of the video where I run two of them, an 808 Bass, Riffer, and a couple Looperators, a Turnado, and overdrive everything, in parts it’s maximum, dirty energy😂👍

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

Yah. Perfect counter-balance right now to Drum Computer. B)

• YES!

First impression: of all (including desktop) iterations of the 909 this one reminds me the most of my actual 909.
    It has that slightly ringy / papery / rubbery character that I've only heard in the OG machine. Kudos to Audiokit / @analog_matt !

• Just a few days late late to steal a march on drum computer 😕
    Always intended to buy it and just have - no regrets whatsoever- an absolute bargain at £2.99.
    Sounds great - and everything is quickly to hand - just like the build up hype was saying. It has a nice tweakability factor and nothing gets in the road.
    Those who missed out on Drum Computer due to older devices or on a budget will definitely get some joy with this.... and you can record finger drumming on the pads 😃
    It’s AUv3 and it’s a drum machine and it sounds really good - there isn’t too many of them around at this stage. There are plenty of presets - and there really is a good collection of sounds available.
    Getting onto the preset selection screen is very laggy though by way of touching the current name at the top of the screen - it’s one of these ones where you have tapped it twice because you think it hasn’t noticed your first one - only to bring you back out of it again - I’m sure this will be a simple fix, it is a necessary one.
    Like many of us I have 20+ drum machines already. Will this one become a contender for regular use ahead of others? At this stage I would say yes it will.

• wimwim
    edited November 2020

@Proppa said:
    It has that slightly ringy / papery / rubbery character that I've only heard in the OG machine.

That is the most perfect description I could ever imagine for that sound character. :)

• Sounds amazing. UR Jeff Mills territory

• FPCFPC
    edited November 2020

My exhaustive 909 test confirms that it sounds way better than PureAcid’s and Cubasis’s Classic Machines puny samples. Tried to tweak pitch and decay etc to match as close as possible and AudioKit blows them out of the water. Techno!

Where’s my little AudioKit 909 thumbnail in Cubasis? REFUND!!!!

• @audiblevideo said:
    For 3$ it sounds great, BUT I just spent $26 on drum computer. Between it and Lumbeats and Patterning I think I’m good... I think I’m good (I’ll just keep telling myself that).

I could recommend a few more, lolz

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    Is that an air2 (for cpu reference)?

@0tolerance4silence said:
    Is that an air2 (for cpu reference)?

DSP in AUM is running at app 32% in my Air2 with nothing else loaded.

• Sounds good. Wonder how long it'll take them to add midi learn and expose parameters. All missing atm.

• Import your own sounds? Description page: "Create your own drum sounds", and "Add your own analog drum sounds". I can't find any clues to how that might be accomplished. I went looking for something, anything, to acknowledge its existence. There's no app entry that looks remotely like it in the iPad Settings, nor are there folders with any similar names in the Files app, either iCloud or On My iPad. I rebooted. Same thing.

Any enlightenment?

• @motmeister said:
    Import your own sounds? Description page: "Create your own drum sounds", and "Add your own analog drum sounds". I can't find any clues to how that might be accomplished. I went looking for something, anything, to acknowledge its existence. There's no app entry that looks remotely like it in the iPad Settings, nor are there folders with any similar names in the Files app, either iCloud or On My iPad. I rebooted. Same thing.

Any enlightenment?

I believe that is just a reference to it being a synth engine as opposed to static samples. Don't think import is/will be possible. The only things you can really tweak a lot are the bass and snare.

• Oooh the 3 crusher controls can give a nice 'in-time' crunch to your beat.... ..... and just as I was typing this praising the thing it crashed out (air 3, 14.2) :s

• It does need to expose midi controls and is a bit heavy on the cpu front but no complaints for 2.99

• @wim said:

@Proppa said:
    It has that slightly ringy / papery / rubbery character that I've only heard in the OG machine.

That is the most perfect description I could ever imagine for that sound character. :)

Thanks! I've spent a LOT of time trying to articulate that sound.

• CPU load is weird. Way higher when not playing but fine when playing. Before adding 808 no sound it was at ~33%.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3krm7bdx9mx51ug/Video Nov 08, 5 42 22 PM.mp4?dl=0

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@motmeister said:
    Import your own sounds? Description page: "Create your own drum sounds", and "Add your own analog drum sounds". I can't find any clues to how that might be accomplished. I went looking for something, anything, to acknowledge its existence. There's no app entry that looks remotely like it in the iPad Settings, nor are there folders with any similar names in the Files app, either iCloud or On My iPad. I rebooted. Same thing.

Any enlightenment?

I believe that is just a reference to it being a synth engine as opposed to static samples. Don't think import is/will be possible. The only things you can really tweak a lot are the bass and snare.

OK. Yup. It was inexpensive.

• It sounds great but wow it’s heavy on the cpu

• @cian said:
    It sounds great but wow it’s heavy on the cpu

In Audiokit fashion lol.

• edited November 2020

I’m finding it great fun.

small bug... the pads don’t currently adjust scale when in a floating AUM window...

...and DSP seems a little higher than I was expecting

• edited November 2020

If I record with pads, change to a different pattern then go back to the original pattern some or all of the recorded hits are gone. 😭 Anyone else seeing this?

• Perfect ten. The only down are that are super heavy on cpu (iPad Pro 12.9 2020) and very slow opening the menu. Hope it gets improved in these aspects.

• @royor @robosardine
    Thanks 👍

Sounds good!
    /in AUM it runs one buffer length late, maybe AU doesn’t report its latency correctly?

• Crashes at startup, iPad Pro 10.5 inch. Rebooted, still crashes. Hope to try it sometime, will wait for next update.