Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum computer is out!!!!

edited November 2020 in General App Discussion

https://sugar-bytes.de/drumcomputer-ipad

Official!!! So stoked 😎

Comments

• Enjoy, I love this app :)

• It’s beautiful! 2020 just got a glimmer of hope

• @reasOne said:
    https://sugar-bytes.de/drumcomputer-ipad

Official!!! So stoked 😎

😕
    Ruismaker works on iOS AND iPadOS.

• edited November 2020

This gui wouldn't work well on iPhone, so it makes sense they can't support that. I guess it's probably not worth the investment of time, but you never know they could update it one day as universal.

• so much to explore in this machine...i am off to the shadows! let me know when it’s safe to come out and back into this society

• edited November 2020

unfortunately weird scaling in AUM on iPad Pro 11‘‘

• @vrtx_void said:

is that in the standalone or AUv3, or both?

• @vrtx_void said:

Gotta go with apeMatrix

• WOOOT. Just grabbed, I am a sugar bytes maniac and I already heard this on Mac so im stoked!

• @Carnbot said:

@vrtx_void said:

is that in the standalone or AUv3, or both?

AUv3, standalone works well

• Now, we await ATOM 2 to get this ios music thing perfected..

• @reasOne said:
    It’s beautiful! 2020 just got a glimmer of hope

Touché

• @Gavinski tutorial please

• just a few minutes in and having fun exploring and figuring out what things do, nothing beats a brand new app going in dark and exploring! so many things to discover here

• @Prog1967 said:
    @Gavinski tutorial please

• @vrtx_void said:

The scaling doesn't seem so bad to me. Obviously not perfect because of the small screen but no worse than other big screen apps. Am I missing something?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @nickneek said:

@vrtx_void said:

The scaling doesn't seem so bad to me. Obviously not perfect because of the small screen but no worse than other big screen apps. Am I missing something?

i just make it a bit thinner and so i can stretch it to full screen in length so it sits above the keyboard in aum but still all is visible

• @d4d0ug said:
    This thing is a beast.

yes it freaking is!

• @nickneek said:

@vrtx_void said:

On my screen the lower part is somehow cut away, even in full screen size

• edited November 2020

@nickneek said:

@vrtx_void said:

The scaling should be the same across all devices, but you'll have to resize the AU window to fit it in, this is the compromise.
    If you resize the AUM window to match the ratio, AUM remembers the frame size

• This is very good. And it doesn’t have that awful Sugar Bytes preset picker!

• edited November 2020

@Carnbot said:

@nickneek said:

@vrtx_void said:

The scaling should be the same across all devices, but you'll have to resize the AU window to fit it in, this is the compromise.
    If you resize the AUM window to match the ratio, AUM remembers the frame size

That‘s what I did and still the lower part is cut...however it is still usable this way.

Besides that: Wow!!! So many different timbres and controls...Really reminds me of my Nord Drum 2, my most favourite drumsynth so far, but with waaay better flexibility due to the individual outputs 😍😍😍

• Downloaded, looks amazing.
    What are the limitations of the free version exactly?.
    I see there’s no AUV3... also I can’t find a way to record, I’m guessing that might a limitation?. Want to try it out with these things in mind before hitting the “f**k it, let’s go” button.

• @vrtx_void said:

Yeah it's very flexible and deep, the sequencer is also really good, with midi out as well.
    The remix bar is a nice feature, probability, tempo divisions per track, lots of fun to be had :)

• Can anyone confirm that midi out works properly? By that mean will it's sequencer send it's data to a DAW track.
    All I want to do is create a pattern on Drum Computer and for that to write to a Cubasis 3 track.
    Could never get Beathawk to do this :s

• @tahiche said:
    Downloaded, looks amazing.
    What are the limitations of the free version exactly?.
    I see there’s no AUV3... also I can’t find a way to record, I’m guessing that might a limitation?. Want to try it out with these things in mind before hitting the “f**k it, let’s go” button.

I too am tempted to FILG this app, lol. Yet, there’s plenty to do with the trial version to ensure it will be of long-term use. However: Not seeing a way to route the standalone version MIDI to AUM. To those of you who went ahead and FILGed the IAP, is this possible?

• Confused. Where is the play button in standalone?

• @FPC said:
    Can anyone confirm that midi out works properly? By that mean will it's sequencer send it's data to a DAW track.
    All I want to do is create a pattern on Drum Computer and for that to write to a Cubasis 3 track.
    Could never get Beathawk to do this :s

I've never tried in a daw like Cubasis, just AUM and apeMatrix so far, but you can also export the midi as a midi file. I think it's more down to the DAWs to support apps with midi out.