Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SquareAcid by James Navarro

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1537191063

Description:

It’s not an emulation or simulation of the TB-303 synth. It is an homage to TB-303, and other hardware synths. It’s a complete different beast, but it has the same functionality. It growls and barks with fierce resonance. SquareAcid is a singular squeal, squelch, and bleep machine.

It comes as a stand alone app with Audiobus and Ableton Link. It also comes with an AUv3 audio unit plug-in.

Features:

Audiobus

Ableton Link

IAA

AUv3

Details:
Universal: Yes
Minimum OS version: 13.0
Rated: 0 based on 0 votes

Comments

• Any comparison with pureacid?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Any comparison with pureacid?

Pure Acid is incomparable ! 😁😎

• @Gratouilli said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Any comparison with pureacid?

Pure Acid is incomparable ! 😁😎

🤣you’re right

• It has PWM

• Apps like these make me so happy 😃

• edited November 2020

Jamming with it for over an hour (recorded nothing)
    It’s a great companion to Pure Acid.
    Sequenced with Riffer randomizing after every 8th loop.

Inside AUM

Pure Acid for Drums and Bass

Square Acid for juicy PWM Lead

Ruismaker Noir for Ruismaker Noir

Send1 = Bleass Delay
    Send2 = Toneboosters Reverb

All through Bleass Sidekick for Kick and “side chain “

Easy setup for instant fun.

• Godamnit! Must resist...

Pure Acid, Rosetta Baseline and Troublemaker should be enough, shouldn't it? Poison 202 can do a very convincing acid impression too...

• @FPC said:
    Godamnit! Must resist...

Pure Acid, Rosetta Baseline and Troublemaker should be enough, shouldn't it? Poison 202 can do a very convincing acid impression too...

What is this “enough” that you speak of ?

• @jolico said:

What is this “enough” that you speak of ?

:D

• FPCFPC
    edited November 2020

Has it got midi out?

• What’s the methodology for programming the sequencer? Easy and quick?

• OboObo
    edited November 2020

@robosardine said:
    What’s the methodology for programming the sequencer? Easy and quick?

Super easy and quick. You click where you want the note to go, then click the note you want it to play. There are also left and right arrows. The red dot below each step is for accents (I think... just downloaded a second ago!)

• Dev is updating because of an issue where it stops responding to note info in some DAWs. I like that it provides a grittier texture than the others. They will all complement each other nicely. 😎👍🏼

• This looks great, as 303 type things are ace. This guy made square synth which was amazing for chip tunes so I feel like I can trust this is good. I hope for a 32 step seq but I can always do that in AUM, I just it for like standalone use.

• @anickt said:
    Dev is updating because of an issue where it stops responding to note info in some DAWs. I like that it provides a grittier texture than the others. They will all complement each other nicely. 😎👍🏼

I confirm the stop notes in AUM

• No midi parameters? :/
    Also, Losing midi input in AUM randomly...

• edited November 2020

@Marcotronic said:
    No midi parameters? :/
    Also, Losing midi input in AUM randomly...

Have contacted James about exposing the parameters - something I missed on the beta...

• Just like with SquareSynth 2 it think SquareAcid will mature with time.

• How could you make it playing in standalone? I program the bars but when I press play button nothing happens.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    How could you make it playing in standalone? I program the bars but when I press play button nothing happens.

I've not bought the app yet but maybe it needs midi-clock or Link enabled to run or something?!
    From what I've heard an update is already in the works...

Does the sequencer work when used as an AUv3?

• @Samu said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    How could you make it playing in standalone? I program the bars but when I press play button nothing happens.

I've not bought the app yet but maybe it needs midi-clock or Link enabled to run or something?!
    From what I've heard an update is already in the works...

Does the sequencer work when used as an AUv3?

Make sure Ableton Link is disabled from the settings cog at the bottom right of the screen.

• edited November 2020

@Charlesalbert said:

Works fine for me standalone. No external clock needed. How are you “programming the bars”? Tap on a step to select it, tap the keyboard to select note, continue?

No sequencer in AU @Samu

• Ok i had to disable ableton link. I’m still uncertain if I’m liking this app or not😂

• @anickt said:

No sequencer in AU @Samu

Ok, there's plenty of good options for sequencing the AUv3's already :)
    Considering it does PWM it's usable for way more than bass-lines hehe...

I may end up getting this at some point.

• @Samu said:

@anickt said:

No sequencer in AU @Samu

No sequencer?? There is some confusion here. You can see the sequencer running in the AppStore description and @Obo has already told us above that it is easy to programme. If it’s not in the standalone or the Audio Unit then where is it?

• @robosardine said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

No sequencer in AU @Samu

No sequencer?? There is some confusion here. You can see the sequencer running in the AppStore description and @Obo has already told us above that it is easy to programme. If it’s not in the standalone or the Audio Unit then where is it?

Sequencer available in standalone - with the AU you can link a sequencer like Riffer to drive it...

• @enkaytee said:

@robosardine said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

No sequencer in AU @Samu

Sequencer available in standalone - with the AU you can link a sequencer like Riffer to drive it...

I said there is no sequencer in the AU. The standalone has sequencer as you see in the App Store.

• Price seems high for what it is? Worth it?

• @anickt said:

@enkaytee said:

@robosardine said:

@Samu said:

@anickt said:

No sequencer in AU @Samu

I said there is no sequencer in the AU. The standalone has sequencer as you see in the App Store.

Roger that, sorry, it was me that was confused, got it now 🙂.. though I have to say - I think the AppStore description is misleading - ‘It is an homage to TB-303, and other hardware synths. It’s a complete different beast, but it has the same functionality’ - which gives me that the impression that a sequencer is an integral part - be it standalone AUv3 or whatever. That needs changing - no question. There is nothing to suggest that the AU has no sequencer - but it is implied - poor form.

@auxmux said:
    Price seems high for what it is? Worth it?

I was thinking that myself - which is why I didn’t get it straight away - and it seems even higher now with my newfound understanding that the AU doesn’t have a sequencer. Still, that’s another £7 saved towards Drum Computer when it comes out. Near miss.