Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rating and reviewing what you praise here in the actual store(?).

Not many seem to do just that. Take (Audiokits) Audiotune as an example - it has one rating. All devs say the same thing: "please rate and even better - write a review!" So, if you do appreciate an app or have something in general to say about it, don't limit that to here alone but go to the store as well. :smiley: I will try to get better at it myself.

Comments

• Hangs head in shame 😔

• @Pxlhg said:
    Not many seem to do just that. Take (Audiokits) Audiotune as an example - it has one rating. All devs say the same thing: "please rate and even better - write a review!" So, if you do appreciate an app or have something in general to say about it, don't limit that to here alone but go to the store as well. :smiley: I will try to get better at it myself.

Which country?
    Each country’s AppStore has separate reviews and ratings.

The same app could have 100 good reviews in one country or just one bad review in another country.
    Yes. It is stupid.

• edited October 2020

Im not allowed to give rating when on developer beta channel (14.xxx)
    But I used to give 5stars all the time

• I have left several reviews (decent ones) that have never appeared for some reason.

• @jolico said:

@Pxlhg said:

Which country?

The same app could have 100 good reviews in one country or just one bad review in another country.
    Yes. It is stupid.

Really! Did not know that, or well, I've noticed that many reviews for apps are on my native tongue but I did think that there would be a collective global rating (i.e stars). Good to know, thanks. I do know you're not allowed to give reviews if you got your app with a code which kinda make sense as devs could give away copies only to have the receiver/s to up the app. I did not post this to make anyone feel bad, it's just a thought. :smile:

• I always give 5star review on apps I like :)
    (and one star for apps not working as they should, like a popular one :p )

• @jolico said:
    Which country?

Yes. It is stupid.

It is indeed super stupid. Why shouldn't I be able to see what people all over the world think of this and that app? Without this forum, I would have been in the dark. Drambo, Borderland, nope, no review in my Appstore...

• @Artj said:

@jolico said:
    Which country?

Yes. It is stupid.

It is indeed super stupid. Why shouldn't I be able to see what people all over the world think of this and that app? Without this forum, I would have been in the dark. Drambo, Borderland, nope, no review in my Appstore...

Very stupid indeed, but, I just noticed that if I go to the Drambo app page on my PC, it has 111 ratings and a 4,9 score whereas on my iPad it has only 10 ratings and a 5,0 score. Wonder what store I see on the PC and why it does not take me to the same as on the iPad? (Both are on the same network)

• @Pxlhg said:

@Artj said:

@jolico said:
    Which country?

Yes. It is stupid.

Very stupid indeed, but, I just noticed that if I go to the Drambo app page on my PC, it has 111 ratings and a 4,9 score whereas on my iPad it has only 10 ratings and a 5,0 score. Wonder what store I see on the PC and why it does not take me to the same as on the iPad? (Both are on the same network)

I think it only shows the US AppStore via PC browser.

• @Pxlhg Thank you for bringing this up. I always feel awkward asking as a developer, but ratings and especially reviews are really helpful and as much as I love getting appreciative emails or posts they don’t quite help as much (other than to boost my motivation)

@jolico I agree it’s kind of dumb - I got one bad rating in Argentina early on (no reason cited) and I don’t think I’ve had a download from there since.

• Thanks for bringing this up, @Pxlhg.

I had noticed the same this on the App Store and was planning to make a post the week of Thanksgiving — feeling that would be a perfect time for us to give thanks to our awesome developers right before the Black Friday/holiday shopping season kicks-off.

This is probably even better since it allows plenty of time for Apple to post our helpful reviews.

Be sure to at least give a star rating to apps you love if you don't have the time to write a detailed love-letter about some of them!

• Guilty...except for Cubasis. Will correct that. Thanks for pointing it out @Pxlhg (Flig?).

• edited October 2020

@TonalityApp said:
    @jolico I agree it’s kind of dumb - I got one bad rating in Argentina early on (no reason cited) and I don’t think I’ve had a download from there since.

Indeed, bad reviews really do harm.

And coincidentally, I started receiving 1-star reviews from our famous dev-stalker with utterly weird conspiracy stories and threatening language in the reviews (the same nutter who was sending death-threats to other devs some time ago) :|

• Just left a bunch of 5⭐️ Ratings.

Surprising just how few ratings some really great apps have. Probably due to updates needing more ratings...

• @robosardine said:
    I have left several reviews (decent ones) that have never appeared for some reason.

Same. Not only did they not appear, but when I try to go back to reviews to edit/revise them, my reviews were completely erased from existence

• @sclurbs I think this is an annoying byproduct of Apple’s opaque system which tries to filter out fake/paid-for/spammy reviews. I’ve noticed good reviews disappearing constantly and replying to a review tends to make it disappear in my case.

• edited October 2020

@sclurbs said:

@robosardine said:
    I have left several reviews (decent ones) that have never appeared for some reason.

Same. Not only did they not appear, but when I try to go back to reviews to edit/revise them, my reviews were completely erased from existence

+1 I haven't had a rating or review published in months. At a loss about this as I have literally gone through and 5 starred every app I love at least twice and none have made their way there.