Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OB-XD Is half off $3.99 have all the issues been fixed???

OB-Xd is based on the Oberheim OB-X. It attempts to recreate its sound and behavior, but as the original was very limited in some important ways, a number of things were added or altered to the original design.

The app was launched last year, but as late as last November there were a number of issues with it that were discussed on the forum:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35623/ob-xd-by-jorge-reales-is-on-sale-right-now-50-off

I see there have been a number of updates since then — but still no keyboard!?!? 🙄

Other than that, have the issues been fixed?

Comments

• The bundle - 4 apps is $7.99 and if you own any of the apps already bundle is cheap. Here is the bundle link.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/discodsp-auv3-bundle/id1535432366

• No keyboard in standalone. I plan on using it as an AUv3 99% of the time so that doesn’t bother me as much.

• I had this question also.

But how — and I realize I'm sticking my blood covered hand into the shark tank — similar is this to Tal-U-No-Lx? I really don't know my vintage synths....

• TAL is Roland Juno 60. This is Oberheim OBXa. Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Both good. Both delicious. This price is a no brainier, and AU parameters are accessible.

• @auxmux said:
    TAL is Roland Juno 60. This is Oberheim OBXa. Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Both good. Both delicious. This price is a no brainier, and AU parameters are accessible.

Finally my language is spoken!

• Haha @ExAsperis99 Enjoy the Reese's.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I had this question also.

But how — and I realize I'm sticking my blood covered hand into the shark tank — similar is this to Tal-U-No-Lx? I really don't know my vintage synths....

OB-Xd attempts to emulate the Oberheim OB-X. I think it comes close enough. I think it does capture the classic Oberheim feel. Especially good results can be had when running OB-Xd through a chorus and/or other effects.

Tal-U-No-Lx attempts to emulate the Roland Juno 60. Juno 60 was a single oscillator synth (two if you include the SUB OSC).

IMO, comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges when it comes to their sound.

I'd say the best way to compare them would be to watch a few youtube videos of the vintage the Oberheim OB-X and vintage Roland Juno 60. The difference should be easy to hear.

• It’s dope, get it

• OB-XD + TAL is an awesome combination.

Is there a Prophet 5 for IOS?

• @cyberheater said:
    OB-XD + TAL is an awesome combination.

+1
    Any Prophet here ? i bought DRC because some ppl said you can get "similar" tones but ....... still looking for sth

• @raimundoarriagada said:

@cyberheater said:
    OB-XD + TAL is an awesome combination.

+1
    Any Prophet here ? i bought DRC because some ppl said you can get "similar" tones but ....... still looking for sth

iProphet , it sounds great but it is not AuV3.

• edited October 2020

I think many people are dreaming of a Prophet-5 for iOS.
    There is one in Syntronik which sounds good, but it’s not a true synth and is limited by the controls that Syntronik offers.
    OB-Xd is definitely worth getting at that price.

• IProphet is not universal, though and IAA.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Funny you mention model D

@BCKeys said:
    OBxD 😍
    Definitely my top 1 iOS synth, then Model D

I was just about to ask... is the layout of the OBXD app similar enough to the original hardware synth, that old Patchbooks, and patch charts etc, can be dialed in, just like one can do on the Moog Model D app?

• @horsetrainer said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I had this question also.

OB-Xd attempts to emulate the Oberheim OB-X. I think it comes close enough. I think it does capture the classic Oberheim feel. Especially good results can be had when running OB-Xd through a chorus and/or other effects.

Tal-U-No-Lx attempts to emulate the Roland Juno 60. Juno 60 was a single oscillator synth (two if you include the SUB OSC).

IMO, comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges when it comes to their sound.

I'd say the best way to compare them would be to watch a few youtube videos of the vintage the Oberheim OB-X and vintage Roland Juno 60. The difference should be easy to hear.

Is it close enough to be able to use old Patchbooks, and patch design info from the hardware synth To dial in the same sound on the app version. Basically does it have all the same knobs, in the same places, that do the same thing?

• this thing sounds really good

• @reasOne said:
    this thing sounds really good

Is it OBXD you speak of. I just watched the @thesoundtestroom video, and you can hear it’s power right on YouTube, through device speakers. I’m sold.

• Are Presets available to download, share, import, export?

• Compared to iSEM, which one is better ? :D

• @Poppadocrock said:

@reasOne said:
    this thing sounds really good

Is it OBXD you speak of. I just watched the @thesoundtestroom video, and you can hear it’s power right on YouTube, through device speakers. I’m sold.

yea! just bought it this morning and was very impressed. i watched some YT videos on the original and was convinced it was a great synth. it comes with a bunch of presets but i’m not sure if there are more available

• Quite a different beast to the 5 though. The VS was digital amongst other things.

• I just got it. I knew I was, but I was curious about those last few things, (1. patch import/export and 2. Is it close enough to original to use old Patchbooks for preset making) but the sound is so good for $4 I had to. It definitely sounds great, everything seems to be exposed in AUM, plus it has a lovely filter as our friend @thesoundtestroom might say. Actually I think he does say that in the video about this filter. I’m not even sure how to save a patch other then in the AUM preset folder?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I just got it. I knew I was, but I was curious about those last few things, (1. patch import/export and 2. Is it close enough to original to use old Patchbooks for preset making) but the sound is so good for $4 I had to. It definitely sounds great, everything seems to be exposed in AUM, plus it has a lovely filter as our friend @thesoundtestroom might say. Actually I think he does say that in the video about this filter. I’m not even sure how to save a patch other then in the AUM preset folder?

ya i haven’t figured that out yet i’ve been doing the aum save, hopefully it is possible tho

• There's a Mozaic script / project someone did it to convert obxd desktop patches for the AU. Definitely download that too for hundreds of patches.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This also works well to add to the list of presets available. Not all of them load but most do.

Only caveat is that you have to store them in AUM (for example) - there is no ability yet to store patches in OB-Xd.

https://patchstorage.com/rompler-v0-9-for-ob-xd/

• Okay, you guys convinced me...

Purchased it, and I love it!!!

Kind of a bitch being stuck with not having an external MIDI keyboard, but seems to be working fine in AUM.

Some very impressive sounds! Hopefully Arturia will port the OB-Xa over at some point. Talk about retro Oberheim heaven!

• @SNystrom said:
    Okay, you guys convinced me...

Purchased it, and I love it!!!

Kind of a bitch being stuck with not having an external MIDI keyboard, but seems to be working fine in AUM.

Some very impressive sounds! Hopefully Arturia will port the OB-Xa over at some point. Talk about retro Oberheim heaven!

it’s so good sounding! the presets are in the worst place ever lol they overlap the aum keyboard but whatever i’ll just save what i like in aum and appreciate an oberheim synth for 4$ 😎