Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does your music represent your mood or a mood you are trying to create?

Why do you sit down to make music everyday?

What is your point?

The gear?

The genre of music?

Cuz you going to be famous?

Cuz you want to get away from your wife?

What makes your musical self tick?

Why do you do this?

Comments

• The challenge of sounding legit while only producing and mastering on an old phone.

• I do it purely for the fame and money and the sex.

• The ”Getting way from the wife” part is pretty much it... :* ;)

• @u0421793 said:
    I do it purely for the fame and money and the sex.

How is it working out?

• When I actually manage to get started and I don’t sabotage myself, the rest of the world and the noise in my head is just gone. Some hours later I may have the shittiest piece of music or actually something cool, and I won’t really remember making it, but it’s a mental vacation/escape much like videogames, movies, or even listening to music. That’s what’s it’s always been for me. Sometimes shit gets weird, that’s ok. Whatever it needs to be is fine with me.

• i've come to see Life as a flow of energy ('seen' through experience and story)

this energy has layers for me,,, thought, breath, movement, expression,,,,

the ipad glistens like a mirror,,, beyond the mind

as @dreamsaremaps mentions,,, the only 'hurdle' i experience, is in the beginning...

the ipad,, once the waters are stirred, offers so many possibilities,,,,

and so the ipad is a tool beyond mind,,,

and the ipad is mind

a tool of flow,,,, 🎶 its all music 🎶

• edited November 2020

I feel like creating a piece of music opens up another, self contained little universe for me to explore, each with its own "rules" and relations for me to discover. Since I hardly know anything about music theory, a lot of exploring and finding the right notes/building my scales is involved. It's a wonderful escape from reality. It just puts me in a different place. The magical interaction when you add new notes, a new voice, a new harmony, another layer of reverb and modulation. It's like adding spices while cooking. When I come up with something wonderful, I feel a warmth and content. It's fascinating how the melodies that come to me differ depending on the instrument I use or if I sing or whistle. And then, you play something and by accident you hit a wrong note and create a whole nother mood. I'm learning so much with everything I do. I just started playing guit again after a decade long break, discovered audio interfaces and garageband, and then, down the synth rabbit hole I went, and from there on, it's been a wild ride ;)

My mood influences the music, and the music influences my mood.

Although I have to admit, getting positive feedback from friends also has its perks. It's a perfect combination of allowing me to be creative, but also having a technical side that I can dive into and do a shitton of reading about and fiddle endlessly with a hundred controls. Those really are the best hobbies!

• @u0421793 said:

Me too, but I am the only person participating in all 3...

• And the money only flows in the wrong direction :D

• @richardyot said:

Great link thanks!

• @u0421793 said:

Try harder....

• @richardyot said:

Great one...aware. How about:

Alan Watts has some amazing pieces as well.

• @richardyot said:

Great one...aware

Alan Watts has some amazing pieces as well. > @richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

How is it working out?

Being he is here responding to my thread ...um.....lol

• Ok the real reason to make music is to have a reason to sample alan watts every now and then

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Great one...aware. How about:

Alan Watts has some amazing pieces as well.

That was good.

• I don’t think about it // it’s self aware

• In terms of songwriting.... Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes I have a specific idea, mood, feeling or sound in my head, I want to get out, and sometimes I noodle until I get something I like.

• Passion, therapy, learning, fun.

• 'money', of course, is a Δ scheme ;]]∞

• edited October 2020

I make music to replenish myself and to also allow my subconscious mind to manifest and transport me to a new place of seeing, hearing and feeling. I make music to connect with my Spirit so as to remind me of the gift of Life and Freedom i have been given. 🙏🏼💕✝️

And i make music to give me the tingles...well i strive to make those tingles happen as often as i can 😬 tingles from chords and melodies and beats are always nice.

• Both and neither. The process of making music is dependent on the circumstances of sound choices that play out (sounds used, notes played, instrument used) as well as initial intent. This influences/changes the ongoing intent.

• I enjoy playing with sounds.

• edited October 2020

@richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

How is it working out?

Also curious. B)

• edited October 2020

My thoughts are similar to @echoopera's but are way less articulate. :)

I realized at an early age a strong drive to play music. I'd put playing music up there with eating and other drives. ;) It's as much a feeling as a thought.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Why do you sit down to make music everyday?

The gear?

Having new toys to play with does motivate me to spend more time creating.

The genre of music?

Yes, my main goal artistically is to combine existing genres into new ones.

Cuz you going to be famous?

Absolutely. You nailed it. Those are my top three reasons, in that order. But also, I want to prove that success doesn't have to come from luck or talent. My strategy of combining genres is not original, many artists have done it.

• edited October 2020

“In the moment” creativity is fleeting. I often just end up tinkering for hours and recording the session and cutting out the interesting bits.

The music and sound design i have done for money is rarely original sounding. Clients give me strict parameters for what they desire. Ad agencies want what’s cool now, not unique niche sounding music.

My original genre bending work is often applauded by friends and colleagues but rarely gets out of that circle and I’m not keen on “making it” or getting trapped in that loop of sending demos to labels.

• @sippy_cup said:
    “In the moment” creativity is fleeting. I often just end up tinkering for hours and recording the session and cutting out the interesting bits.

The music and sound design i have done for money is rarely original sounding. Clients give me strict parameters for what they desire. Ad agencies want what’s cool now, not unique niche sounding music.

My original genre bending work is often applauded by friends and colleagues but rarely gets out of that circle and I’m not keen on “making it” or getting trapped in that loop of sending demos to labels.

Your work so experimental I would love to hear a snippet if you can spare.

• @dobbs said:
    Ok the real reason to make music is to have a reason to sample alan watts every now and then

LOL AMEN

• edited October 2020

Yes, it would be great if everyone who posted here also posted a piece of what they do (except me, of course, the musical loudmouth).

I am grateful that this forum attracts thoughtful, feeling, people who are able to express their ideas cogently and with great and often sweet energy. The voices are like the instruments in a symphony, varied, strung out or high strung, windy or breezy, tinkly or throbbing, reedy, wiry, horny, cacophonous, harmonious. Me, I’m a banger... a symphonic afterthought.

I do it now cause we have wonderful, sound expanding, inexpensive, algorithmic, touch friendly tools that make it a lot easier than composers of old had it. I do it because of a love for improvising and making something out of nothing. Because, at 72, amidst a plague and a plague of years, my world has grown smaller and music has become larger. I do it out of habit in the middle of the night. I do it because I can. I do it with green eggs and ham.