Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Koshiba iceWorks walkthrough vid - fantastic sequenced gate for iOS

Here is my video of the absolutely fantastic new sequenced gating first for iOS from IceWorks. This video will teach you all you need to know to use it. I have 2 copies to give away to subscribers watching in the first two days of release. See the pinned Youtube comment for details of how to win.

Koshiba is a 16-step gate sequencer plug-in effect that can transform a sustained sound into a rhythmic phrase.

Each step of the gate is synchronized to the beat of the DAW, and has different volume, PAN, filter, LFO, and envelope parameters. The steps can be tied together to create longer gates, and Koshiba includes a filtered delay that allows you to set a different amount of FX sends for each step.

Compatible with iPad and iPhone, it has multiple screen layouts optimized for different screen sizes.

Please remember to give this a like to support the channel folks, thanks for your support.

Comments

• Do you guys ever sleep? @iOSTRAKON as well.

• It's 11.30 am for me 😉

• Still think about apps when I do sleep

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Do you guys ever sleep? @iOSTRAKON as well.

• @Gavinski said:
    It's 11.30 am for me 😉

Singapore? They try the ‘conference call before lunch’ gambit on me occasionally.

• By the way folks, I have enabled captions on this, I just realised I never enabled that on youtube, I assumed they did it automatically. I'll make a point of doing that from now on.

• awesome. Really hope iceworks continues to make more fx. Thanks for the vid!

• @shinyisshiny Satoshi is really knocking it out of the park with Yukawa and then this. So damn tasty.

• This is how the copy and paste works (I asked Satoshi, this is not intuitive at all) :

Click on copy button and 3 boxes will appear. If you enter, for example:
    [1] to [4]-> [5], step 1 is copied to step 5, step 2 is copied to step 6, step 3 is copied to step 7, and step 4 is copied to step 8.

• I'll ask here as well; copy from he other Koshiba thread:
    "How does Koshiba compare to Perforator? Better, more complex, just different?

(On a similar note, does Yukawa do a similar thing to a pattern delay on a DD-500, which I just invested in?"

• Did you watch the vid? Yes, this is much more sophisticated. Perforator has easier universal control of attack and slope, this is infinitely more tweakable. If u like sound design and experimenting this is a good choice. If you want something simple, maybe go for Perforator

• Sounds pretty fab. Love Gates so instant purchase.

• I think this will be an instant purchase for most people to be honest! @Jumpercollins

• @Gavinski said:
    I think this will be an instant purchase for most people to be honest! @Jumpercollins

No no no! I will resist. For at least ten seconds!

• Haha, ten seconds, I admire your restraint sir

• @Gavinski The only reason I don’t buy his new apps instantly is that I wait to see if I win a copy on your YouTube channel!

• Guilty as charged

• @hypnopad said:
    @Gavinski The only reason I don’t buy his new apps instantly is that I wait to see if I win a copy on your YouTube channel!

Seconded.

• @hypnopad said:
    @Gavinski The only reason I don’t buy his new apps instantly is that I wait to see if I win a copy on your YouTube channel!

Hah, I just buy them because I’m too impatient for that even

• @Gavinski Thanks for the copy paste explanation.... was not getting that at all!!

• @Fingolfinzzz said:

@hypnopad said:

Same 😂🤣

• @Lil_Stu07 said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

@hypnopad said:

Same 😂🤣

Same 😂🤣 😂🤣

• These iceWorks FX apps are really impressive designs and you're video help explain how to master it.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Do you guys ever sleep? @iOSTRAKON as well.

Right. Lol.

• @McD said:
    These iceWorks FX apps are really impressive designs and you're video help explain how to master it.

Thanks McD, I try to be thorough in my vids. This one was a lot easier to figure out than Yukawa thankfully. Only thing I wish was that it had an easy way to universally adjust the attack and hold times for all the gates at the same time. Minor detail though, great app.

• McDMcD
    edited October 2020

I love perforator and the overlooked (IMHO) "Filterstep" so this one really speaks to me.

This also made me take a more serious look at the recent Yukawa video you made. That one makes some great drum patterns with all the lovely little grace note activity to add complexity.

• The lucky winners!:

Gregory Lindholm

Audiblevideo

Congrats guys 🎉🎉🎉

• edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:
    The lucky winners!:

Gregory Lindholm

Audiblevideo

Congrats guys 🎉🎉🎉

Woohoo - had to check here because your qq.com chinese email is weird and suspicious for someone with an english (possible irish) accent.

• @audiblevideo said:
    someone with an english (possible irish) accent.

Uh oh. You may have just disqualified yourself.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@audiblevideo said:
    someone with an english (possible irish) accent.

Uh oh. You may have just disqualified yourself.

Yeah, that’s top level ‘think it but don’t ever say it’ 🤣

Congrats btw