Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BASS 808 by AUDIOKIT ON SALE !!!

Comments

• What does LE01 stand for?

• @Ailerom said:
    What does LE01 stand for?

I think it would not be appropriate for me to give details, but I can say its because they got some wonderful news as AudioKit family
    they share their happiness with us! how amazing!

• Limited Edition 1, out of 10 I think?

• It’s just marketing for “limited editions” .
    If it helps to improve AudioKit AU engine ,I guess it’s fine .

• I just bought this for $999 :frowning:

• @Liquidmantis said:
    I just bought this for $999 :frowning:

I got it for a bargain $140 😜

• Goes against what they told us during the initial LE release that created the buying frenzy. But if it is to celebrate their wonderful family news then it's ok. What about the other LE's? Are they LEUWDTSSIAAARRP* apps as well?

*Limited Edition Unless We Decide To Start Selling It Again At A Reduced Retail Price.

• “Limited” edition...I wonder if this has anything to do with the 909 on the horizon. Or if they need the cash to get that project to the finish line.

• Congratulations Jeff. Cheers.

• I get it and congrats but this company has some very odd decision making.

• @sippy_cup said:
    I get it and congrats but this company has some very odd decision making.

This.

• @sippy_cup said:
    I get it and congrats but this company has some very odd decision making.

Their strategy generates activity in threads.... Like this one.

• No good generating chat if you're simultaneously eroding confidence.

• Confidence in what?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Confidence in what?

They're trolling.

Congrats Jeff!

• @tk32 said:
    No good generating chat if you're simultaneously eroding confidence.

How so?
    (Genuine question)

• edited October 2020

Ok. I still have no interest in purchasing. So it’s generating drama as opposed to sales. Once again, interesting approach @lukesleepwalker

• I’m not sure what’s happening with the ying yang yong, but I already have it and I would recommend that anyone who is into the techno EDM type of groove sticks it in their pocket.

• I think people are just annoyed at the pageantry. Like yeah it’s a great app, I’m using it on every track. And I’ll keep buying the AudioKit apps. It’s just odd that they made such a big deal about the “Limited Edition” aspect of things. But also people are definitely making too big of a deal about it.

• @sippy_cup, I recommend it. Used it often.

• Rumor has it that they are releasing The UE3.14 Unlimited Edition Limitless Limiter

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@DukeWonder said:
    I think people are just annoyed at the pageantry. Like yeah it’s a great app, I’m using it on every track. And I’ll keep buying the AudioKit apps. It’s just odd that they made such a big deal about the “Limited Edition” aspect of things. But also people are definitely making too big of a deal about it.

I can't for the life of me imagine why that would bother anyone. It's just a goofy little marketing stunt.

Must just be me though 'cause it comes up every time and really seems to get under some people's skin. Oh well - I should be used to not getting people by now. :D B) ✌🏼

• edited October 2020

@wim

I think it's the whole 'limited edition' marketing strategy that gets under my skin.

Maybe this is just me, but I feel it doesn't treat the iOS music community with respect. Has there ever been a desktop plugin that was only available for early adopters and then denied to everyone else (genuine question)?

Other reasons I strongly dislike the marketing strategy:

1. It suggests there is no long term strategy to update and keep the plugin stable.
    2. It rewards the wrong kind of purchasing behaviour. Users should not be pressured into buying early, and especially not be denied access to a plugin if they miss this window.
    3. The prospect of a disappearing app left users uncertain how they might reinstall the app later, or migrate to a newer iPad in the future.
    4. When Audiokit realised that removing the app from the store would harm paying customers, they had no option but to attempt to 'game' the app store by raising it's price to $999.99. Then they later reduced it to $99.99 and it started appearing in app sale listings as a 90% reduction.
    5. I'm happy for Jeff’s baby, but it's a strange justification for deciding to put your 'limited edition' app back on sale. Users would have to be totally heartless to criticize this move, right?

/Grinch rant over

• @tk32 said:
    @wim

I think it's the whole 'limited edition' marketing strategy that gets under my skin.

Maybe this is just me, but I feel it doesn't treat the iOS music community with respect. Has there ever been a desktop plugin that was only available for early adopters and then denied to everyone else (genuine question)?

Other reasons I strongly dislike the marketing strategy:

1. It suggests there is no long term strategy to update and keep the plugin stable.
    2. It rewards the wrong kind of purchasing behaviour. Users should not be pressured into buying early, and especially not be denied access to a plugin if they miss this window.
    3. The prospect of a disappearing app left users uncertain how they might reinstall the app later, or migrate to a newer iPad in the future.
    4. When Audiokit realised that removing the app from the store would harm paying customers, they had no option but to attempt to 'game' the app store by raising it's price to $999.99. Then they later reduced it to $99.99 and it started appearing in app sale listings as a 90% reduction.
    5. I'm happy for Jeff’s baby, but it's a strange justification for deciding to put your 'limited edition' app back on sale. Users would have to be totally heartless to criticize this move, right?

/Grinch rant over

I agree, it's grating. And it's not like this stuff is special, it's just cheap. And people act like they're doing God's work

• Thanks @tk32. I still can’t relate, but it’s interesting to see the reasoning.

(Side note: #4 is inaccurate. They did know beforehand how the App Store works and pre-planned the $999.99 strategy.)

• Tagging @analog_matt for feedback purposes.

• I don’t care really if it’s LE or not. I only bought D1 so far and it’s been a disappointment.
    Please someone correct me if I’m wrong - I’ve seen a post in other thread that the old synths are based on old code and LE apps are newer/better. Does it mean that the new apps actually usable/stable/maybe even efficient?
    I would probably go for 808 and 909 if they are/will be reliable and not too intensive on cpu.

• Bass 808 is super reliable. It seems to be a little heavy? But definitely reliable.

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

@0tolerance4silence said:
    I don’t care really if it’s LE or not. I only bought D1 so far and it’s been a disappointment.
    Please someone correct me if I’m wrong - I’ve seen a post in other thread that the old synths are based on old code and LE apps are newer/better. Does it mean that the new apps actually usable/stable/maybe even efficient?
    I would probably go for 808 and 909 if they are/will be reliable and not too intensive on cpu.

I don't think it can be generalized that broadly. While there's some commonality because they rely on the underlying AudioKit libraries, efficiency and performance are going to vary by app and developer.

I will say that Bass 808 has worked well for me in every host and project I've tried it in. I'm not a heavy user, but I'd say it rates in the "mildly heavy but generally reliable" category in my mind. I don't mind the CPU hit, even on my old Air 2, simply because of the type of sounds I can easily get from it that I would have to work a harder to get from other apps.