Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Remove off-topic section from front page?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
Streamlining this board
  1. Remove off topic stuff from the front page?56 votes
    1. Yes
      21.43%
    2. No
      78.57%

Comments

• Jesus, man. You sure do whine a lot. Talking about shitposts

• Haha, he’s new here, cut him some slack @iOSTRAKON

• Ah shit, you’re new here too @iOSTRAKON but you seem to have absorbed the AB forum vibes right away. ;)

• So long as it’s well-labeled, the borderline stuff doesn’t bother me at all. I almost never open it.

• BTW the Off-Topic section is the only reason I’m still here 🤣

• Top post made me sad then replies made me unsad.

• I think it’s possible to not follow a particular category and then only view followed ones, so people can choose to ignore that which offends them 👍

• wimwim
    edited October 2020

I'd prefer just to be able to hide certain threads selectively. Though it does give me some sense of satisfaction over the self restraint I manage as I watch the unread posts climbing in to the hundreds or even thousands on the threads I've decided not to enter.

• Topics are usually marked “OT”. If you don’t like them don’t read them.

According to the poll people are happy with the way things are.

Why make a drama out of it?

• The only topic I'd like to see eliminated is DRAMBO!!!!! 🤣

I'm certain it's probably a rather wonderful product, but geez!

The answer to everything is F-ing Drambo!!!!

• If you can’t control your own life try to control others.

• got a tip for the OP

• I never see the front page. I just Google Audiobus Forum and it takes me to the whole lot at the same time in one big bundle.

I’m guilty of occassionally just shoving my posts into ‘General’ when there might well be a more suitable category for them... so I don’t think I would be in a position to complain.

What I do think would be good is if you could delete topics that you have no interest in... so you never have to clap eyes on them again.... like the opposite of bookmarking. Now that would be giving the dog a biscuit.

• @LinearLineman said:
    If you can’t control your own life try to control others.

You've been talking to my mother-in-law?

• edited October 2020

@wim, if your MIL is the Op, yes.

• edited October 2020

This forum has pages?

I think it's easy enough to just ignore topics you're not interested in.

I enjoy the OT stuff. This forum is a community and that's one of the main reasons I come here. The OT is a reflection of people reacting to each other as people (not just containers of ios music knowledge). I do appreciate that this community has a much higher than average number of ios music nerds. :smile:

• @ehehehe said:
    I enjoy this enclave of nerdiness to a certain degree, with some useful tips among the numerous shitposts and in-group circle jerking. When I go on here, it often feels like one third of posts are BS politics, images from 2003 or terrible demos instead of technical, useful information or news.

My suggestion is hiding the OT and creations topics from the front page, which would be a huge time saver. Also about two thirds of many topics consists of people posting stuff that obviously belongs on Reddit or elsewhere. This forum isn’t the whole internet. I don’t give a f*ck about politics, pandemics or anything else in the news when you have places covering those topics in a much more in-depth manner.

Any thoughts?

Are you OK? What a weird thing to waste your time doing.

• I usually do @supadom but this guy has started off on the wrong foot.

from @ehehehe

Yeah that’s the vibe i’m feeling too. Not many (proper) musicians here, more oldtimers finding out they can approximate some of their «golden» years with a cheap tablet already owned and some guitars. Porbably nostalgia heaven for the relatively poor, which I can respect to some tiny degree.

Especially evident in the «jams» posted by the most vocal users and their favourite artists mentioned. This is not the 70-80’s. Also alot of «Iii bought my first synth, sold it and got regrets /old when the digital stuff overtook analogue, nowadays APPS give my reduced hearing a rennesance.»

• It’s in the OTposts that I’ve learned 2 other users are from my city (which was shocking), also learned by their comments that they’re pretty cool and that we share similar ideals. Also, I think that people posting their creations is dope. My thoughts are diametrically opposed to OP’s in that these two topics, OT and Creations, are what give me a more complete picture of creators. Members are pretty good about labeling OT posts well enough to help you make an informed decision. For example, If a post is labeled “OT Does a Cuban Sandwich have to be pressed to be legit?”, I’m going to ignore that thread because if I venture in, I will not be able to refrain from harshly judging the folks who will be clearly wrong in their reply.

• edited October 2020

From another thread...

@AudioGus said:
    Would be nice to have an ‘everything but off-topic’ filter. Or better yet, everything minus covid. Or a covid thread auto sink? Dammit, why did they shut down Club Penguin? :(

@Michael said:
    There is: if you open the categories list you can select ones to follow. Then tap the selector on the top of the main page and choose following.

It works well!

• @king_picadillo ... yes, a Cuban sandwich must be pressed.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bye Mozart

@ehehehe said:

@AudioGus said:

@Michael said:
    @AudioGus said:
    Would be nice to have an ‘everything but off-topic’ filter. Or better yet, everything minus covid. Or a covid thread auto sink? Dammit, why did they shut down Club Penguin? :(

There is: if you open the categories list you can select ones to follow. Then tap the selector on the top of the main page and choose following.

Thanks alot for this! To the rest of you negative nannies, it must be a sad existence when your «community» consists of an online forum... Best of luck and cool it with the personal attacks when you have no actual arguments or information to contribute. So many feels, hope you all feel better soon and keep on making those jams!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:

@AudioGus said:

@Michael said:
    @AudioGus said:

Thanks alot for this! To the rest of you negative nannies, it must be a sad existence when your «community» consists of an online forum... Best of luck and cool it with the personal attacks when you have no actual arguments or information to contribute. So many feels, hope you all feel better soon and keep on making those jams!

Post a single piece of music before you go back to you mom's basement.

• Waiting for you to expose your proper music.

@ehehehe said:
    Nice comeback, Einstein!

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ehehehe said:

@AudioGus said:

@Michael said:
    @AudioGus said:

Post a single piece of music before you go back to you mom's basement.

• lol @ehehehe

posting on a longstanding public forum that you wish it would conform to your specific desires and then (feebly) attempting to insult the people who enjoy it the moment you get any pushback. you simply come off as an entitled, whiny child.

the internet is a big place. go start your own thing if this isn’t for you. It’s like going to the club and then whining to all the patrons that the vibe and the music and the people all suck. you are the asshole in such situations.

• Yep, he’s probably 16

@palms said:
    lol @ehehehe

posting on a longstanding public forum that you wish it would conform to your specific desires and then (feebly) attempting to insult the people who enjoy it the moment you get any pushback. you simply come off as an entitled, whiny child.

the internet is a big place. go start your own thing if this isn’t for you. It’s like going to the club and then whining to all the patrons that the vibe and the music and the people all suck. you are the asshole in such situations.

• @Michael said:

Yeah this has saved me having to see the OT rubbish when I visit.

This discussion has been closed.