Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Minimoog not working in iOS 14?

Anyone else finding that Moogs minimoog app won’t launch in iOS14?

Comments

• I'm on iOS 14.0.1 and both Model D and Model 15 load fine.

• Could it be my old iPad Air 2?

• I'm on iPad 5 from 2017

• Both Model D and Model 15 work fine here on iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.0.1.
    ...both as stand-alone and AUv3. Animoog & Filtatron also works just as expected...

Rebooting the iPad can do wonders if/when things get wonky...

• edited October 2020

I'm experiencing issues with the Minimoog app and iOS14 also. The GUI is all messed up on standalone version. AU looks fine, but maxes out the CPU completely when changing presets. By comparison. the most complex Model 15 patch has no issues at all and hits maybe 25-30% CPU. This is all on a brand new 2020 iPad. Very disappointing since I upgraded specifically to run the more demanding apps that my old iPad Air1 couldn't handle. I'm using the latest OS update, reinstalled the app and rebooted multiple times with no change in behavior. Guess it's time to alert Moog.

• Well looks like I'm not going crazy. Here's the official response from Moog:

Thanks for reaching out to us.

There are graphical elements affected by the recent update to iOS14. We are working on a fix but there is no firm date for when this update will be available.

Thank you for your patience, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Taylor Mott

Service Department Manager

Moog Music Inc.

• edited October 2020

works good here ipad pro 2020... iPadOS 14.2 beta 3. standalone and AU. Advice - do a complete wipe/ reset of the ipad. I had to do this after ipados14 upgrade ( random wierd cht)

BTW the app is still a cpuhog dont expect a12z to do wonders

• edited October 2020

@noob said:
    works good here ipad pro 2020... iPadOS 14.2 beta 3. standalone and AU. Advice - do a complete wipe/ reset of the ipad. I had to do this after ipados14 upgrade ( random wierd cht)
    BTW the app is still a cpuhog dont expect a12z to do wonders

I'm going to humbly disagree with everything you just said. It's the app, not the ipad. No need to do a complete wipe. I've only had the device for 2 weeks. The Minimoog is the only app that has this behavior...CPU spikes and graphic issues. None of this happens with my other devices, including my ancient 7-year old Ipad Air 1 running the same settings. The Minimoog is also running 3x more CPU as Moog's Model 15 app. This is not normal at all and it's probably specific to this new model of iPad.

Moog support has admitted it's a problem on their end and are working on a solution. This is what the app looks like on my new iPad:

• edited October 2020

do a reset,wipe or wait for a fix. (that can take a long time).

• edited October 2020

@coolout said:
    I'm going to humbly disagree with everything you just said. It's the app, not the ipad.

-it has zero to do with your device, its an iOS hickup when upgrading, I tried, had to wipe reset, now it works. Did the same upgrade on a gen 6 ipad, same apps, same ios14,no glitching or weirdness... go figure

No need to do a complete wipe. I've only had the device for 2 weeks.

How do you know if you don't try?

• @noob said:

@coolout said:
    I'm going to humbly disagree with everything you just said. It's the app, not the ipad.

-it has zero to do with your device, its an iOS hickup when upgrading, I tried, had to wipe reset, now it works. Did the same upgrade on a gen 6 ipad, same apps, same ios14,no glitching or weirdness... go figure

No need to do a complete wipe. I've only had the device for 2 weeks.

How do you know if you don't try?

I don't think you understand. There was no "upgrade". This new model of ipad (gen 8) has only been in the wild for a little over a month. iOS14 came pre-installed. I don't even think I can downgrade to ios13. There's no difference between a clean wipe and the condition of the ipad when I bought it new 2 weeks ago. I'd just lose all the time it took me to download and set up the 150gb of other apps and preferences. That took like 3 or 4 days to get everything right. It's not worth the gamble of wasting another 3 days for one app when the developer has admitted it's their fault.

• I just got a new iPad 10.2 and I have the same fancy Model D GUI as @coolout . On my old iPad 5 the GUI is the old boring one where no guesswork is needed to operate the app. Both iPads are on iPadOS 14.2.

This is only happening with the standalone. AUv3 in AUM looks normal.

• Set fire to your iPad, then flush it down the toilet.

• I'm not sure about the flushing down the toilet part. I could end up clogging it and create a bigger mess than the one I tried to solve

• edited November 2020

The iPad Air v4 is at least one of the devices that is having this issue. DM1 also had a similar issue. I spoke with both Moog and the dev for DM1 and DM1 was fixed within 2 days with a little back and forth. I could be a wrong, but I got the impression that Moog doesn't directly develop their apps, so it takes more time for updates/fixes.

• I suspect that this is a problem of screen size/resolution, not iPadOS version. Those having the problem should report the screen size and resolution of their devices, to help confirm this. For many years, from at least my iPad Air (2013) to iPad 6 (2018), standard iPads stuck to a 9.7" screen and the 1536x2048 Retina display. And yes, Model D is fine on those devices. Since then, they seem to have gone wild for new sizes and resolutions. For the devices mentioned, I read:

iPad Air 4 (2020), 10.9", 1640x2360 pixels
    iPad (8, 2020) 10.2", 1620x2160 pixels

It's probably difficult for a dev to keep up with these changes, unless they follow a precise path dictated by Apple, and possibly not even then.

• tjatja
    edited November 2020

Model D works fine for me on IPadOS 14.3b2, iPad Air 3

• @tja said:
    Model D works fine for me on IPadOS 14.3b2, iPad Air 3

iPad Air 3 (2019) 10.5", 1668x2224 pixels

Yet another screen format, apparently already handled by the Moog software. Maybe they haven't caught up with the 2020 devices yet.

• Is anyone else not getting sound output from Model D when guest within Cubasis3?

Guest within NanoStudio2 works fine. Also when loaded in standalone mode.

• @god just updated Moog Model D. Loaded it in Cubasis 3 and it appears to be working fine. iPad 9.7 Pro with 14.3 running.

• @arktek said:
    @god just updated Moog Model D. Loaded it in Cubasis 3 and it appears to be working fine. iPad 9.7 Pro with 14.3 running.

Thank you for the reply . I think maybe this has something to do with resource management or the latency or sound resolution. Either way I just can’t get this to work properly after the latest update (I think it is since the latest update)..

• @god said:

@arktek said:
    @god just updated Moog Model D. Loaded it in Cubasis 3 and it appears to be working fine. iPad 9.7 Pro with 14.3 running.

Thank you for the reply . I think maybe this has something to do with resource management or the latency or sound resolution. Either way I just can’t get this to work properly after the latest update (I think it is since the latest update)..

What buffer size did you set?

• @espiegel123 said:

@god said:

@arktek said:

42.7 device, 170 sound engine on 16 biters and 48khz sample

• @god said:

@espiegel123 said:

@god said:

@arktek said:

I haven't seen buffer size listed that way though I don't have Cubasis 3. Try different buffer sizes. At a buffer of 2048, the Moog apps don't work.

• @espiegel123 said:

@god said:

@espiegel123 said:

@god said:

@arktek said:

I haven't seen buffer size listed that way though I don't have Cubasis 3. Try different buffer sizes. At a buffer of 2048, the Moog apps don't work.

I noticed that the Model 15 goes to a very weird place when running on the largest buffer setting too. I was using it as a test case when the Cubasis update came out to see what difference the audio engine update made. Came to the conclusion that if you're running one of the latest iPads it might make a difference..on the 9.7 pro it doesn't make much of a difference at all...it is still more efficient for me to operate on Auria Pro or BM3..

• Crashing like mad in Audiobus. Not usable. Losing count of the amount of apps that have gone down in the last few weeks. iOS becoming less and less viable.

• I just got a new iPad Air 4 256GB, Minimoog V works great but Model 15 will not even load in AUM, Nanostudio2, or GarageBand

• Also Samvada doesn't work on any of my devices 😭

• @Zerozerozero said:
    Crashing like mad in Audiobus. Not usable. Losing count of the amount of apps that have gone down in the last few weeks. iOS becoming less and less viable.

What OS version? Are you running the latest AB version?

• Poor fault finding on my part. It’s not Model D. Apologies. Was running it next to FunkBox which works fine but not when I connect a midi channel from Xequence for some reason. Not for this thread. 😳