Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Solitude / All Cubasis3 Album

This album was made entirely with Cubasis3. Though there was some difficulty with Plugins, I feel encouraged that CB3 will be a worthy successor to the prior version. It just may take another update or two. Meanwhile, judicious and regular saving of projects, just like in CB2, will avoid any significant losses.

Many thanks to @rs2000 for another terrific cover design. And also to @McD for the two collaborations included, Mystic River and September Song.

For those interested in Korg Module performance, Module, Solitude and Gloria are all mostly made with Module instruments.

Thanks to all who have listened to my stuff for their continual support. This is album #18. All eighteen entirely produced in the past thirty months on the iOS platform using first an iPad4 and then a Pro 2. All improvised. And only made possible by the invaluable help, friendship, and encouragement I have received on this forum from many of its members. Gratitude.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/solitude

Comments

• I love that cover @rs2000. Beautifully laid out with a evocative image.

• @LinearLineman said:
    This album was made entirely with Cubasis3. Though there was some difficulty with Plugins, I feel encouraged that CB3 will be a worthy successor to the prior version. It just may take another update or two. Meanwhile, judicious and regular saving of projects, just like in CB2, will avoid any significant losses.

Many thanks to @rs2000 for another terrific cover design. And also to @McD for the two collaborations included, Mystic River and September Song.

For those interested in Korg Module performance, Module, Solitude and Gloria are all mostly made with Module instruments.

Thanks to all who have listened to my stuff for their continual support. This is album #18. All eighteen entirely produced in the past thirty months on the iOS platform using first an iPad4 and then a Pro 2. All improvised. And only made possible by the invaluable help, friendship, and encouragement I have received on this forum from many of its members. Gratitude.

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/solitude

Really nice! Just right for a late Sunday afternoon. Congratulations! 😀

I’m just making the switchover to CB3. I pretty much know the pros relative to my use. Curious as to what cons you see? Thanks 😎👍🏼

• @anickt said:
    I’m just making the switchover to CB3. I pretty much know the pros relative to my use. Curious as to what cons you see? Thanks 😎👍🏼

Same as CB2... random crashes loosing time and sometimes work in progress. Still.
    You can get good results along with the scars.

• @McD said:

@anickt said:

Same as CB2... random crashes loosing time and sometimes work in progress. Still.
    You can get good results along with the scars.

OK - I never used 2 and haven’t had any crashes with 3 yet. I use a minimum of AU’s so maybe that helps. 😎👍🏼

• @LinearLineman

Your album for some reason leapt in at Track 4, "Solitude," which sounds like Shostakovich doing a soundtrack for a Wim Wenders film, which is about as high a compliment as I can pay. Just haunting.

• @LinearLineman Nice job and congrats on the album. I wish I was half as prolific as you. Totally agree -track 4 is incredibly beautiful.

• Very nice! Congrats on the album!

• edited October 2020

@anickt, @McD is correct. Regular crashes or faulty reloading of projects where the play head jutters and the output is fragmented. Only with various plugins. I save or “duplicate” a project often, just as I did in CB2. Glad the album enhanced your Sunday.

@ExAsperis99, thank you for the heady compliment! Very much appreciated. BandCamp has a “featured track”, which is presented with the album release to followers. So, the featured track need not be the first track, as is the case with Solitude.

Thank you @hypnopad. Age x spare time = output. Just wait a couple of decades.

@Intrepolicious, thank you, Ed, for your continual support. Gratitude.

@McD, @rs2000 is a godsend. He’s designed all 18 covers for me. I manage not to feel guilty cause he’s got it down to 12 minutes a cover... like a a Japanese calligraphy master. Here’s his opus...

• edited October 2020

Haha, nice collection 😄
    This looks like an accompanying visual chronology of our friendship.
    Not to forget @chandroji who also offered a few of his own photos. We both share a deep enthusiasm for photography.

• Have only listened to the title track so far, but you know it's great art when it stirs up great emotion.

• @LinearLineman 'Speed' is just sooooo good. Listenend to it with a cigar and a good whiskey. So relaxing.

• Really solid sounding stuff, especially considering it's improvised. Great sound selection as well!

• @rs2000, yes, I thought of @chandroji. His photography is breathtaking. Thanks you @noob and @waynerowand. Much appreciated.

@Sequencer1, that is high praise. Thank you!
    @Pierre118, thank you. I can think of no better accompaniment to my stuff than a smoke and a whiskey. “Speed” made me feel like I actually am a jazz musician.

And thanks, @KirbyMumbo, for listening. Improvising everything saves a lot of time! Were I an actual old time “composer” each track would take days to transcribe and then... find musicians and a studio... rehearse and pay up... All impossible! But now, with just an iPad...Jeez, sometimes it’s good to be living in 2020! 😉🥳

• @LinearLineman You ARE a Jazz musician, cheers!