Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What pair of apps should have a lovechild together?

Maybe not those huge apps, but little labours of love that small developers, working together, could bring to the next level? I’m sounding like a match maker, but hear me out.

No rules, just name 2 apps and explain why...

I’ll leave the drambo/miRack/Bebot threesome for a later discussion, but here’s my vote for two apps I’ve been exploring lately:

Tonality
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1467552236
Bought this as it arrived because I loved it at first sight. Then I saw you guys asking for more and more, and I was like: “c’mon, it’s a reference app, give the guy a break”. And then he delivered! It has become such a beast of an app that I can't believe. It might deserve an icon uprade, that's the only thing I can think cause it may not pay justice to what a great app it is.

SongKit + Chord!
https://apps.apple.com/us/app-bundle/songkit-chord/id1533191888
I just recently bought the bundle, and it’s just so… beautiful. And so thorough! I’m a programmer, and I’ve done chord recognition routines (for fun), and I know what is involved. Decoding all the possible intervals between notes, making sense of them together against a root (or not 😉), a scale, modes, chords, inversions, and presenting them so clearly… I’m just wow!

Why I think these apps would benefit from one another? Well, midi and beautiful chords....

So anyway, that’s my vote. Now kiss.

Comments

• Bebot and Bebot. Begetting more Bebots.

• NanoStudio 2, Cubasis 3 & Beatmaker 3

• Bebots all the way down... I’ll allow it 😂👏

• NanoStudio 2, Cubasis 3 & Beatmaker 3

You can always dream...

• miRack, Mozaic, and Lemur. The Ultimate App Builder. I've thought about this a lot.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Bebot and Bebot. Begetting more Bebots.

Bebot, Ruismaker and Pure Acid threesome.

• ApeMatrix with 'Atom 2' replacing the sub par midi editor & clip launcher in BM3.

• Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3

• If Gadget just had AUM as its mixer. Hooooo boy.

• AUM & Enso

• I allow myself to pick three:
    Groove Rider, Audio Evolution Mobile and Loopy HD.
    A classic DAW with audio and MIDI tracks combined with the groove box, wavetable synth, pattern-based composition, clip launching and a super intuitive MIDI and audio loop recording with loops that can be dragged to MIDI/audio tracks and audio will automatically stretch when project tempo changes.
    MIDI patterns of each track could simply be dragged onto the AEM timeline for linear arrangement and audio clip cuts from AEM audio tracks could be dragged into GR for slicing or melodic playback.
    You'd be free to decide whether you prefer the elektron style p-locks or automation curves.
    You'd be able to use the sound fonts in AEM's sampler in GR too.
    The lovechild would be able to slave to MIDI clock even with audio tracks.

@Michael would add his wisdom about advanced loop recording, real-time tempo changes and stretching, MIDI clock and communication between apps,
    @jimpavloff would add his wisdom about MIDI clock sync, AUv3 and solving whatever problems seem impossible to fix,
    @dwrae would provide the DAW platform.

They'd all work together and share their experiences and knowledge to make a relatively rare thing happen:
    Joint development of a monster app.

• Phonem & Cream

• @AudioGus said:
    Cubasis 2 and Cubasis 3

+1 000 000

• Tardigrain and Seekbeats.

• Wotja and Microsoft Word.

• Ruismaker Noir and Mononoke

Bass 808 and Pure Acid

I want more grooveboxes

• edited October 2020

AUM and LK imaginando.
    All LK tricks integrated into AUM, clip launching audioclips, scenes, pads, chords, knobs, faders, automation, sequencing etc

• Aum, lk, apematrix. That's a lovely threesome right there

• @DukeWonder said:
    Ruismaker Noir and Mononoke

That sounds like something good

• Who needs a love child when we have a particularly great golden child in Drambo to play and watch grow 😬

• Blocswave samplr and lk

• I combined StepBud and Poly2 with Launchpad X for my own Groovebox AU style setup earlier this year. Should revisit this. It's a fun setup.

• If Koala had a baby with anyone it would be the cutest baby.

But if I were to pick two that would breed a superhero, it would be the workflow of Patterning 2 with the audio input recording capabilities and A/B pattern mixing of Werkbench, without the ugly WB icon of course.