Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm looking for something similar to the Eventide delay

Is there something like that on iOS?

The cool thing is that you can specify where you want the repeated notes.

Comments

• Is the name of this kind of delay is "band delay"? I'm not sure what is exactly a band delay.

• From Eventide:

"Bolster Your Imagination
    Imagine if you could take any sound, separate it by frequency bands, change the filter type and then individually process those bands with delays. The H3000 Band Delays plug-in is derived from the H3000 Harmonizer® studio processor. This unique plug-in is capable of everything from standard delays and filtering, to stereo-widening and killer rhythmic effects.

Just feed it any instrument or vocal and instantly manipulate up to 8 voices by frequency, resonance, filter type, delay time, volume and panning. Then easily build complex movement using the H3000 Function Generator.

Want more?
    With the H3000 Band Delays you can play an effect like an instrument. Every parameter can be automated or manipulated in real time via MIDI. Play a filter with a keyboard controller to get not only rhythmic, but also musical results."

• Boom! Big winner, this is what I want. Thanks!

• After getting disappointed with Banddelay, you can try this:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fac-bandit/id1458633968

• Bandit can't do this. Also I don't get why you cannot have e.g. the midrange between 2 and 4 kHz. Already mailed the developer ages ago but well... Luckily we have better options now.

• @rs2000 said:
    Bandit can't do this. Also I don't get why you cannot have e.g. the midrange between 2 and 4 kHz. Already mailed the developer ages ago but well... Luckily we have better options now.

Don’t you find Banddelay’s bands too narrow for anything other than communicating with birds and insects?

• @jolico said:

@rs2000 said:
    Bandit can't do this. Also I don't get why you cannot have e.g. the midrange between 2 and 4 kHz. Already mailed the developer ages ago but well... Luckily we have better options now.

Don’t you find Banddelay’s bands too narrow for anything other than communicating with birds and insects?

Yes I do! At first sight they look cool because you have a lot of control.
    Until you're actually using it. Not really a "musical" way of handling delay.
    But that just sparked a new idea in me for a possible future creation - a more intuitive way of adjusting frequency dependent delay times without feeling like rocket science. And indeed, five or six bands should be more than enough - just enough to also create vocal/formant type delays.

• @rs2000 said:

In Bandit? If you set the low knob to 2 kHz and the high band to 4 kHz you have a mid band of 2-4khz. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? Maybe you're talking about BandDelay?

• @Gavinski said:

@rs2000 said:

In Bandit? If you set the low knob to 2 kHz and the high band to 4 kHz you have a mid band of 2-4khz. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? Maybe you're talking about BandDelay?

Sorry you're right, I mixed that up. It's a long time that I've used it, should have said that the low range is artificially limited to max. 2 kHz and the high range only begins at 2 kHz. No overlaps possible, you could only add several Bandit instances.

• Yes - but that's the thing, you can always use several! Still, the possibility for overlaps here would be nice, is there any technical reason why it's not possible I wonder?Regardless, absolutely brilliant app.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

@rs2000 said:

Yes I do! At first sight they look cool because you have a lot of control.
    Until you're actually using it. Not really a "musical" way of handling delay.
    But that just sparked a new idea in me for a possible future creation - a more intuitive way of adjusting frequency dependent delay times without feeling like rocket science. And indeed, five or six bands should be more than enough - just enough to also create vocal/formant type delays.

go on
    I like anything that goes a, o , u

Aye aye sir 😁

• The user and all related content has been deleted.