Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does an iPad Pro power the MC-101?

Can someone with both an iPad Pro and a Roland MC-101 test whether the iPad can power the MC-101? Does anyone know the answer to the question?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi yes it does

• No, the 2017 iPad Pro with Lightning port won't power the MC-101.

I believe I mentioned this on the other forum, but when powering it over USB with my Akai Force, there is a ton of noise on the audio outputs, making it unusable. I tried about 10 different USB cables, some with line-lump filters, etc. Not so with my Windows laptop. ymmv.

• I was able to power it with an iPad Pro, USB-C connection. Very convenient.

• edited October 2020

@papertiger 2020 or 2018 iPad Pro? Is there noise on the audio, when using class-compliant audio?

• @Sequencer1 said:
    @papertiger 2020 or 2018 iPad Pro? Is there noise on the audio, when using class-compliant audio?

I will have to doublecheck on the model.

I didn't notice any noise on the audio in the brief time I had with it, but I didn’t run any specific tests. I can give it a try. As we've discussed, the class compliant driver is such a pain for audio that I use the MC-101 USB audio with the laptop.

• Thanks @papertiger! But don't trouble yourself, I believe it's just a grounding issue when connecting it with certain gear that's not battery-powered, so the iPad shouldn't be affected.