Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Velvet Machine by Yuri Turov Released- full video walkthrough / demo (5 codes to give away!)

https://apps.apple.com/app/velvet-machine/id1534554750?l=en

Here’s my vid. I’ll add the App Store blurb in a minute

I have 5 copies of the app to give away to subscribers to the channel - see the pinned youtube comment for details!

Velvet Machine is an audio fx app for iOS based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. Here's what it can do:
Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds).

APP store description:

Sonic texture generator / blur / non-linear reverb

*** WARNING ***
Velvet Machine is an Audio Unit v3 plugin and requires a compatible host such as GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis, Audiobus etc. The provided standalone app does NOT support the currently deprecated Inter-App Audio.

Velvet Machine is a CPU-intensive effect. A minimum of 5th Gen iPad, iPhone 6s or 1st Gen iPhone SE is required to run a single instance at maximum settings. With shorter times and/or lower densities CPU use is proportionally lower, but can still be relatively high.

Velvet Machine is a unique audio effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise. Here is what it can do:

• Stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds
  • Produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.)
  • Work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds)

PDF manual and video demos are available on developer website.

Features:

• Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature
  • Effect time ranging from 100 ms to 10 s
  • Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second
  • Predelay up to 500 ms
  • High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal
  • Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet with no dry signal
  • Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant

Comments

• About to dig in to the app and your vid // great work @YuriT

• mine arrived 😎

• Yes!

Oh man! Was playing with VM last night and this morning... just for fun and not to test... and I’m amazed at the beautifully ethereal compositions you can make so easily using just Xynthesizer and Velvet Machine. :)

And then I thought, “Well, I could likely do something similar using Blackhole or Alteza... so I tried them too.

Conclusion... no. They aren’t the same. Velvet Machine is unique. More lush... and we’ll... more velvety. :)

• Full disclosure, obviously I beta’d on this one. What is the launch 🚀 price?

• $5.99 I believe

@skiphunt said:
    Full disclosure, obviously I beta’d on this one. What is the launch 🚀 price?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    $5.99 I believe

@skiphunt said:
    Full disclosure, obviously I beta’d on this one. What is the launch 🚀 price?

That’s a fair price! At first I thought maybe it was too minimal or possibly redundant with other shimmery apps I already have. But, what sets it a part is the quality of the velvety lushness and the ease of use. The interface is also easy to use on a smaller iPhone screen.

It’s a perfect Friday night treat :)

• Yeah - I meant to compare it to eventide stuff in the video but forgot. You can see their shimmer sitting bypassed in the fx slot. Anyway, this is definitely not a reverb or a shimmer, it is much more flexible and interesting than that. VERY unique.

• I’m feeling lucky tonight!

• Sweet video. @Gavinski did you create those 1st 5 or so presets? They were under user, not factory in the AUM preset selector, but you spoke as if they were included, just curious cause they sounded so nice...

• I know I’m gonna get some flack... but I think these giveaways should likely happen AFTER the launch weekend. People will hold off buying for two days to see if they won first. I know that’s what I’ve done is the past. I never win, but I do end up holding off just to see if maybe I got lucky.

It ends up taking away potential launch sales that could help the App Store rankings.

I love giveaways as much as anyone :)

But...

Just sayin’

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Sweet video. @Gavinski did you create those 1st 5 or so presets? They were under user, not factory in the AUM preset selector, but you spoke as if they were included, just curious cause they sounded so nice...

Thanks poppa! Yes, they were presets I made by tweaking some of Yuri's presets - I kept the original names of the presets but added some info in their title like 'less density' etc to help me remember the kinds of changes I had made.

• @skiphunt said:
    I know I’m gonna get some flack... but I think these giveaways should likely happen AFTER the launch weekend. People will hold off buying for two days to see if they won first. I know that’s what I’ve done is the past. I never win, but I do end up holding off just to see if maybe I got lucky.

It ends up taking away potential launch sales that could help the App Store rankings.

But...

Just sayin’

Lol. I don’t even have that kind of self discipline. New shiny comes out, I buy.
    I still watch Gav‘s tutorials tho.

• @skiphunt said:
    I know I’m gonna get some flack... but I think these giveaways should likely happen AFTER the launch weekend. People will hold off buying for two days to see if they won first. I know that’s what I’ve done is the past. I never win, but I do end up holding off just to see if maybe I got lucky.

But...

Just sayin’

Fair point, though I think most ppl just buy rather than wait. Also, giveaways attract views, which is also good for the dev to create a buzz around the app. Plus, ppl want to win, then they get the desire for the app, later they may be more likely to buy. So there are pros and cons. But yeah, I know what you mean.

• I always end up buying if I’ve been interested enough to watch a longish video ;) but if I’ve gone to the trouble to like, submit, comment, etc, then I will always wait to see if I might’ve won first.

On the contrary, if it’s Friday evening and I’m in the mood for a fresh iOS audio app treat... and there aren’t any “giveaways”, and the price is a sweet low launch level... then I’ll just buy it without even watching a video. But, maybe that’s just me.

• I think there are also some people who comment on vids and say 'I'm commenting, but don't enter me in the draw, I want to support the dev'. Or other times, someone wins and when I contact them they say, damn, I already bought it 😂

• edited October 2020

@Gavinski said:
    I think there are also some people who comment on vids and say 'I'm commenting, but don't enter me in the draw, I want to support the dev'. Or other times, someone wins and when I contact them they say, damn, I already bought it 😂

Ok. What evs. Just my opinion that it might be a better marketing strategy to hold off on the giveaways until a few days after launch. But, it really doesn’t matter much to me to be perfectly honest.

Just an observation.

Carry on.

• Great tutorial, I’m kind of blown away at how much you can do with it. Just bought it myself and am going to lose a lot of sleep tonight

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Great tutorial, I’m kind of blown away at how much you can do with it. Just bought it myself and am going to lose a lot of sleep tonight

Cheers! Yes, it's incredibly versatile, I'd say. I'm pretty blown away

• I'm very disappointed in this video. I was thinking of getting SWAM Cello and Velvet Machine. Now that I see they are so awesome together I must have them.

• Am unfortunate side effect for your wallet then, apologies for that haha. But your music will thank you 😂

• Velvet is pure magic. I’l envy you for having geocello before the release😉

• Haha - yes, but I paid my pound of flesh for that privilege also as I spent a huge amount of time helping them with bugs etc.

• @Gavinski said:
    Haha - yes, but I paid my pound of flesh for that privilege also as I spent a huge amount of time helping them with bugs etc.

😂😂😂

• edited October 2020

sound design creativity / plugin simplicity ratio is high

• That's a very good way to look at it, definitely! It's ridiculously easy to get to grips with but has such varied sound design possibilities.

• Curious to hear what people's favourite velvet machine combos are so far. It's mad versatile. I loaded up some of those Suiko samples Hainbach posted into sEGments just now, beautiful combo. I only wish sEGgments was somehow mpe compatible and I could do per note pitch bends on them!

• edited October 2020

I'm enjoying Skaka going through something like the square tail preset - slightly tweaked with a bit of pre delay and a lower mix...

• @enkaytee said:
    I'm enjoying Skaka going through something like the square tail preset - slightly tweaked with a bit of pre delay and a lower mix...

I wanted to demo skaka in this but I found Ting sounded a lot better with the existing presets, Nige, but I'll check out that one, thanks for sharing

• @Gavinski said:
    Curious to hear what people's favourite velvet machine combos are so far. It's mad versatile. I loaded up some of those Suiko samples Hainbach posted into sEGments just now, beautiful combo. I only wish sEGgments was somehow mpe compatible and I could do per note pitch bends on them!

I’ve been using it all night with auGenx , a blast