Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DRC gets an update, new soundbank and 50% discounts on all banks

"Today we’re launching DRC v2.5.0 with a brand new soundbank - Iconic Sounds Vol. 3!

50% OFF ALL ICONIC SOUNDS PACKS!

To mark the release of the third installment in our ‘Iconic Sounds’ series of soundbanks, we’re making all three packs half price, for one week only. Also, don’t forget that Desktop users can download DRC v2.5.0 right now, which includes all soundbanks as free bonus content.

Featuring the latest sounds from our DRC Sound Design Tutorials series, Iconic Sounds Vol. 3 is a smorgasbord of tasty electronic treats, with 128 awesome new patches across a range of genres, from classic 80’s synth pop to massive melodic techno anthems."

Comments

• @SNystrom said:
    "Today we’re launching DRC v2.5.0 with a brand new soundbank - Iconic Sounds Vol. 3!

50% OFF ALL ICONIC SOUNDS PACKS!

To mark the release of the third installment in our ‘Iconic Sounds’ series of soundbanks, we’re making all three packs half price, for one week only. Also, don’t forget that Desktop users can download DRC v2.5.0 right now, which includes all soundbanks as free bonus content.

Featuring the latest sounds from our DRC Sound Design Tutorials series, Iconic Sounds Vol. 3 is a smorgasbord of tasty electronic treats, with 128 awesome new patches across a range of genres, from classic 80’s synth pop to massive melodic techno anthems."

:heart:

• Ooooh, Vol 3 is lovely! :)

• @WillieNegus said:
    Great update. Very underrated synth. I love the sounds and interface options.

I love that the presets are not drowning in fx too.

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:

@WillieNegus said:

I love that the presets are not drowning in fx too.

Just right indeed.

I’ve definitely learned a lot about how effects and all the synthy stuff effects sound design with DRC. The simple flat design allows for so much transparency in how they got to each sound. Add to that that I’ve found most of the presets usable and it’s probably my goto in Bm3.

CPU is another story 😬. It’s improved but I guess it is the cost of such great sound quality. I think it’s time to get a newer iPad. 10.5 Pro has been good to me but I need more jooooooose.

Yah I tend to hit the 10.5 wall quite quickly now in general. Eq/transient shaper/etc on every bank really adds up fast. When I look at how much I would have to spend to get about a 40%+ increase though... mmmm... I really am going to need a host that checks way more boxes than any of them currently do.

• This might be my favorite preset pack I've ever heard.

I get the feeling that some of these presets were created with dark R&B and trap in mind, and classic 80s synth pop and melodic techno are just more popular genres among iPad producers.

I mean, sure, The Weeknd's music is heavily inspired by 80s synth pop. But so many of these presets have an extreme vibrato that you usually only hear in hip hop. And some of these sounds feel more designed for mainstream EDM music like big room house, tropical house, etc. It feels like this pack is mostly themed around the darker, heavier side of modern dance, pop, and hip hop.

And it's awesome!!! I knew DRC was one of the best synths for that kind of energy, but now I think it's THE best. I haven't even tried producing that style of music, because I didn't have the proper set of tools.

10/10, and I would definitely still recommend it for people who aren't producing those genres, because the sounds are very "usable" in general.

• Real great pack and a lot of presets (128!) I’m enjoying it so much.
    Thanks for the update @sinosoidal

• @WillieNegus said:

I don’t really understand why it’s underrated and unknown... I’ve been into iOS music since 2019 spring. Since then I watched hudreds of hours of ipad music videos, read tons of threads in this forum, but haven’t heard about DRC at all till this summer! It’s strange considering how amazing this synth is.

• Its so cool with imaginando that they have these corresponding youtube videos of sound designing and sharing tricks and tips for their plugins and more than that, synth tricks in general! Awesome @sinosoidal and the whole team!!!

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:
    When I look at how much I would have to spend to get about a 40%+ increase though... mmmm... I really am going to need a host that checks way more boxes than any of them currently do.

40% Is that it?! So if I go from 2017 iPad Pro 10.5 to 2020 Pro 12.9, lose my 3.5mm and home button that’s the only gain? Please say it ain’t so.

Indeed @Skyblazer I can definitely vouch for this being a Hip Hop, Pop and RnB powerhouse but I imagine any genre can rock with DRC.

Geekbench says you would go from 826 to 1120 (worse than I thought, about 35%) by getting a new Pro. So yah not great... however the new Air is apparently/(unofficially?) clocking in at 1583 now, so wow, almost double!

https://browser.geekbench.com/ios-benchmarks
    https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/ipad/new-ipad-air-speed-benchmarks-3796075/

(PS. Keep in mind only single-core still matters in current apps)

• Heck yea. Saw the update with the added in app purchase presets, but didn’t know they were on sale. cheers!

• @david_2017 said:
    Its so cool with imaginando that they have these corresponding youtube videos of sound designing and sharing tricks and tips for their plugins and more than that, synth tricks in general! Awesome @sinosoidal and the whole team!!!

Yup, the Radiohead one is sweet, they create everything in its right place pads

• Not seeing it yet. How long will the sale last?

• @WillieNegus said:

@WillieNegus said:

@GLacey said:

@WillieNegus said:

I don’t really understand why it’s underrated and unknown... I’ve been into iOS music since 2019 spring. Since then I watched hudreds of hours of ipad music videos, read tons of threads in this forum, but haven’t heard about DRC at all till this summer! It’s strange considering how amazing this synth is.

Agreed. They have their favs around here. At the same time, I haven’t seen it get bashed here either so that’s good. 🤷🏽‍♂️

@AudioGus
    re: Geekbench

So a new Air > newest Pro? Or is that just based off some light test and not taking to account audio production and additional core? @AudioGus

Yah sounds like the Air that is dropping any day now is better. The geekbench numbers are just full out CPU cycle tests, nothing light about them as far as I know. Doesn’t matter if the target is audio production or otherwise. The higher the number the better. As for additional cores they apparently are not relevant for the current generation of audio apps and wont be for some time as just about everything audio related at this moment is single core. This apparently is going to improve as devs take advantage of new iOS 14 abilities recently introduced but it sounds like it is many years away until it really has much impact.

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus, go for a used Pro2 with 500gb. I have two 10.9 and 12.9 and love them.

And, yeah, DRC is great.... discovered it here. Only positive stuff.

• Geekbench can't detect throttling , so it depends to us , making a test benchmark per device and iOS version with freebies AUs so anyone could test

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus, no, I have the 2016 Pro2 complete with the headphone jack and 4gb RAM. The battery life is very good on both.
    I can get 4-6 hours of work with a full charge.

Just got the iconic3 sound pack. Even on iPad speakers they are wonderful. Indeed, might be the best yet.

• Is there some trick to setup the mod wheel in the auv3 version ?

• Congrats good DRC people. Excellent addition.

• So... what is the best IAP preset pack? Only Out of Iconic Sounds 1, 2, & 3?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    So... what is the best IAP preset pack? Only Out of Iconic Sounds 1, 2, & 3?

I think the only way #3 wouldn't be the best, is if you don't like having "artificial tape wobble" or detuning on 40% of the presets. Leads, basses, pads, plucks......very few "sound design example" or "FX" presets. For a synth with a modulation matrix, the sound design presets can serve as good inspiration, but DRC doesn't have a mod matrix, so #3 definitely plays to its strengths. Even if you don't like the tape wobble effect, it has more presets than the other two packs, and for almost all of the presets, you can easily build a song around them. In some preset packs, you might demo a preset and go "Huh, that's an interesting sound. Can't picture what I would use it for, though." Volume 3 is dud free.

• @Skyblazer said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    So... what is the best IAP preset pack? Only Out of Iconic Sounds 1, 2, & 3?

I think the only way #3 wouldn't be the best, is if you don't like having "artificial tape wobble" or detuning on 40% of the presets. Leads, basses, pads, plucks......very few "sound design example" or "FX" presets. For a synth with a modulation matrix, the sound design presets can serve as good inspiration, but DRC doesn't have a mod matrix, so #3 definitely plays to its strengths. Even if you don't like the tape wobble effect, it has more presets than the other two packs, and for almost all of the presets, you can easily build a song around them. In some preset packs, you might demo a preset and go "Huh, that's an interesting sound. Can't picture what I would use it for, though." Volume 3 is dud free.

Thanks. Great advice. Cheers!

• @sinosoidal Thanks for the new Iconic Sounds Vol. 3.. Awesome set of sounds! - including Vol. 1 + 2 as well.. 👏

• Nice to see this alive and well!

• @WillieNegus said:

If you guys make the desktop version optimized for NKS I will buy that too.🤙🏾

We have a NKS keyboard ready already but didnt had the time to work on that yet.

• @david_2017 said:
    Its so cool with imaginando that they have these corresponding youtube videos of sound designing and sharing tricks and tips for their plugins and more than that, synth tricks in general! Awesome @sinosoidal and the whole team!!!

:blush:

• @AudioGus said:
    Ooooh, Vol 3 is lovely! :)

Does any audio demo of this iAP exist ?

• @Gratouilli Live Stream in T-20 hours..

Iconic Sounds Vol. 3 - Launch Promo + Live Stream!

• edited October 2020

@Gratouilli said:

@AudioGus said:
    Ooooh, Vol 3 is lovely! :)

Does any audio demo of this iAP exist ?

Yes there is, not listed anywhere else though. Sorry! :blush:

This is only a selection of 25. There are 128 presets in this bank!!!

• @sinosoidal 👍🏻👌🏻😉