Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis3 Histories?

How does one access the prior histories in Cubasis 3? They must be there somewhere, as the project screen indicates. Thanks.

Comments

• Long tap on the undo arrow should do it.

• @Samu, you never disappoint! Will try that. Thanks!

• @Samu, you are correct, but what exactly a seeing? When I tap a history entry it undoes a change, but I had he’d it would reload the entire project from an earlier date. Guess not.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Samu, you are correct, but what exactly a seeing? When I tap a history entry it undoes a change, but I had he’d it would reload the entire project from an earlier date. Guess not.

What you're seeing is what you have changed & done and you can go back the number of steps (50-500) set in the project settings.

So while it doesn't restore the entire project from an earlier date it still kinda 'goes back in time' when going back multiple steps. (the undo steps have no visible date informatio).

For full date based restore function it's better to duplicate to project...

I'm currently not so happy with the way the history function works for one BIG reason...
    ...when using the 'Clear History' Cubasis should delete all temporary audio files that are created when editing audio.
    (It quickly piles up and the only way to recover the space is to use the Files.app and manually remove the files since Cubasis has no built-in 'clean up' function).

Cubasis 3 really needs a 'clean up project' function that removes redundant files from a project folder.
    (Ie. when doing a 'Clear History' remove Redundant Files From Project Folder since they are no longer needed nor referenced by the project and one can't undo the 'Clear History' anyway).

From what I know the developers are aware of this but it's somewhere in the to-do backlog.
    Keeping a project neat and tidy should be a 'priority' but I don't know how the team priorities things?!

Cheers!

• Thanks @Samu. What you say makes sense... you’re saying if you clear the history something still remains in memory?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Samu. What you say makes sense... you’re saying if you clear the history something still remains in memory?

Not true. If you add an audio file and undo it may still show up until you re-open CB3. It does get flushed

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks @Samu. What you say makes sense... you’re saying if you clear the history something still remains in memory?

Yepp!

For example if you trim or normalize an audio clip the original and all edited version remain on the device even if they are no longer used or referenced for undo by the project!!

When you delete an audio track from a project only the currently used audio file will be moved to the trash while all the edited versions remain hidden on the device and can only be accessed thru Files.app...

You can easily check this by using the Files.app going into On My iPad -> Cubasis 3 / Projects.

Browse into any of your projects (folder with .cbp extension) and check the Audio folder and its content and also the 'Backup' folder. Compare that to what is actually used by your project and you'll likely be pretty surprised :)

For example the backup folder should be empty when the history is cleared and the remaining files should only be what is used by your project nothing more, nothing less.

So yeah, I do hope that project & file management gets an overhaul in one of the coming updates...

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@LinearLineman said:

Yepp!

For example if you trim or normalize an audio clip the original and all edited version remain on the device even if they are no longer used or referenced for undo by the project!!

When you delete an audio track from a project only the currently used audio file will be moved to the trash while all the edited versions remain hidden on the device and can only be accessed thru Files.app...

You can easily check this by using the Files.app going into On My iPad -> Cubasis 3 / Projects.

Browse into any of your projects (folder with .cbp extension) and check the Audio folder and its content and also the 'Backup' folder. Compare that to what is actually used by your project and you'll likely be pretty surprised :)

For example the backup folder should be empty when the history is cleared and the remaining files should only be what is used by your project nothing more, nothing less.

So yeah, I do hope that project & file management gets an overhaul in one of the coming updates...

Cheers!

Not sure how you’re seeing this. It’s not what I see.

• @anickt said:

Guess it depends on how much you record and edit audio with Cubasis 3?!

The Audio folder stays pretty empty when only using AUv3's and Midi but once you start freezing tracks and editing the audio, BOOM!

• @Samu said:

@anickt said:

Guess it depends on how much you record and edit audio with Cubasis 3?!

The Audio folder stays pretty empty when only using AUv3's and Midi but once you start freezing tracks and editing the audio, BOOM!

Maybe so. I’ll keep an eye on it as I am currently moving over to CB3 exclusively so it’s early in the game for me. So far, so good. 😎👍🏼

• @anickt said:

Maybe so. I’ll keep an eye on it as I am currently moving over to CB3 exclusively so it’s early in the game for me. So far, so good. 😎👍🏼

Perfect, I do the house-keeping every few months and save around 1-2GB of storage without destroying of my projects :)

• @Samu said:

@anickt said:

Perfect, I do the house-keeping every few months and save around 1-2GB of storage without destroying of my projects :)

I appreciate your input!