Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neo-Soul Keys Mark VII - New expansion !

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Well, I can see it but when I click on it nothing happens....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well, it IS an Electric Piano and that IS sorta my thing..... ;)

• What is up with these phantom updates, first korg, now GM, haha.
    This is what I like though, no hype just drop the update without notice.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    What is up with these phantom updates, first korg, now GM, haha.
    This is what I like though, no hype just drop the update without notice.

+100

• Has anyone played a real MK7? Does it add anything substantial to the mk1 and mk2 models?

• @rs2000 said:
    Has anyone played a real MK7? Does it add anything substantial to the mk1 and mk2 models?

Yes, this one has red tolex

• @audiobussy said:

@rs2000 said:
    Has anyone played a real MK7? Does it add anything substantial to the mk1 and mk2 models?

• @Liquidmantis said:

@audiobussy said:

@rs2000 said:

😂

• The Mark VII debuted around 10 years ago. Whomever currently owns the Rhodes brand name put out a modern version of the classic Rhodes piano with mechanical bits and modern electronics like MIDI and general connectivity.

I've only seen a few video of folks like George Duke and Jeff Lorber playing on them, and after the debut I never heard anything. My guess is that it never took off and they quietly faded away.

I'm interested to hear how this one plays compared to the others already included and apeSoft's Electric Vintage.

• From what little I know the Mk 7 pretty much bombed. I don’t think anyone considers it to have any advantages soundwise over the classic Mk 1 & 2 (& even 4) versions. It had extensive MIDI powers which was supposed to me one of its main selling points.

• @Daveypoo said:
    The Mark VII debuted around 10 years ago. Whomever currently owns the Rhodes brand name put out a modern version of the classic Rhodes piano with mechanical bits and modern electronics like MIDI and general connectivity.

I've only seen a few video of folks like George Duke and Jeff Lorber playing on them, and after the debut I never heard anything. My guess is that it never took off and they quietly faded away.

I'm interested to hear how this one plays compared to the others already included and apeSoft's Electric Vintage.

@TimRussell said:
    From what little I know the Mk 7 pretty much bombed. I don’t think anyone considers it to have any advantages soundwise over the classic Mk 1 & 2 (& even 4) versions. It had extensive MIDI powers which was supposed to me one of its main selling points.

Yep, that's why I asked. I've heard mixed reviews about it but none of them concluded that it was any better soundwise.
    My favorite collection is still the choice of EPs inside Keyscape. Very much to my taste 😊

• Hello @Daveypoo ,
    I know you are interested in EP...
    Please what would be for you the best Electric Piano app right now (sound-wise speaking) ?
    Electric Vintage ? Neo-soul keys ? Korg Module Scarbee EP88 (now AUv3...) ? Or simply GarageBand ? (or others I don't even know).
    I like the kind of sound a Rhodes piano can produce. Thank you very much !
    Other readers welcome :+1:

• edited October 2020

I owned, gigged and recorded with a Mk1 Stage 73 for a good number of years, and have always been incredibly impressed by Neo-Soul Keys (both versions 1&2) - they are both superb.
    Although NSK2 arguably has more sounds, I still prefer the UI of version 1 which has chorus, reverb, tremolo/pan, EQ, preamp etc all on one screen.

I haven’t tried the Apesoft EP but it’s meant to be really good.

Since Module went AU I’ve been really enjoying the sound and simplicity of Scarbee. I still think NSK has the edge in terms of the sheer realism and variety of sounds, but Scarbee is v good, and a bargain at the current sale price.

Do the 7 day free trial and find out for yourself. Unless you are a real Rhodes nerd, I’m sure you’ll be more than happy with Scarbee, although if NSK 1 is similar in price personally I’d go for that.

• edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would also add that NSK has comprehensive MIDI control including MIDI learn built-in.
    To get this in Module you need to buy the Performance Expansion IAP, although someone else on the forum here mentioned that Module parameters are exposed in the AU in AUM.

• @TimRussell said:
    I owned, gigged and recorded with a Mk1 Stage 73 for a good number of years, and have always been incredibly impressed by Neo-Soul Keys (both versions 1&2) - they are both superb.
    Although NSK2 arguably has more sounds, I still prefer the UI of version 1 which has chorus, reverb, tremolo/pan, EQ, preamp etc all on one screen.

Since Module went AU I’ve been really enjoying the sound and simplicity of Scarbee. I still think NSK has the edge in terms of the sheer realism and variety of sounds, but Scarbee is v good, and a bargain at the current sale price.

Do the 7 day free trial and find out for yourself. Unless you are a real Rhodes nerd, I’m sure you’ll be more than happy with Scarbee, although if NSK 1 is similar in price personally I’d go for that.

Ok, thanks for your feedback !

• @BCKeys said:

@TimRussell said:

We have the same experience (I never tried Apesoft one’s too) and I’m sharing this feeling.

I’d say that 95% user would be satisfied by Module/Scarbee’s experience. It sounds great, fairly clean with a good dynamic. The old Module was really light CPU and I feel that the new one with AUv3 support has been remodeled to be lighter. Impressive.

To me, NSK versions have an higher level in realism, something more dirty and authentic. Remember it’s also quite heavy on CPU, if you own an old device, think about it. But the question is : does it makes such a huge difference when it’s melted in a mix ?

NSK sound is 50% samples quality and 50% effects quality, so you can easily bring Module to another level with a few FX (iFX Rack of course, but also Saturn, Pro-R, Reelbus etc..).

Well, not easy to answer this question.

Both are really good, I’d say if you are a Rhodes fan, you’ll probably need all of them 😁
    If you just need a really good EP section to add it to your sound palette, you’ll be very happy with Module (+ multiple possibilities with FX you can add now it’s AUv3, as a bonus).
    If the EP’s are the spine of your music, then you’ll love the realism and tweakability with NSK products.

Oh, you can also consider Pure Synth Platinum as an alternative to Module !

Edit : I’m a Rhodes fan, but I’ve never considered buying Apesoft’s one because I’m really pleased with Module and NSK.

Thank you too !
    I have downloaded Scarbee (trial) and find it already good. For NSK, I will try to listen to some demos on Youtube to compare. As for Apesoft version, as I understand, it can simulate the sustain pedal resonance. I know this can be really valuable for acoustic piano sounds. So maybe it is also for EP...
    Thank you both of you.

• edited October 2020

I’m not sure that sympathetic resonance when sustain pedal is pressed is important in a Rhodes. You have 1 short, inflexible metal bar per note which is a matter of millimetres away from a pickup (as opposed to 2-3 long, bendy strings per note, several centimetres at least away from your ears or microphones in a piano) so the sympathetic resonance is likely to be much less audible.
    I’d be interested to know if the truth is different though!

NSK does simulate the sound of the situation pedal being depressed and released though which certainly adds to the realism (and can be varied from none to a lot).

• @TimRussell said:
    I’m not sure that sympathetic resonance when sustain pedal is pressed is important in a Rhodes. You have 1 short, inflexible metal bar per note which is a matter of millimetres away from a pickup (as opposed to 2-3 long, bendy strings per note, several centimetres at least away from your ears or microphones in a piano) so the sympathetic resonance is likely to be much less audible.
    I’d be interested to know if the truth is different though!

NSK does simulate the sound of the situation pedal being depressed and released though which certainly adds to the realism (and can be varied from none to a lot).

It does make a difference to my ears, however I find that these subtleties are typically lost in a mix. That being said, is the EP is either solo or the featured instrument or can make an enormous difference to the sense of realism.

The best two EP apps on iPad for me are NSK Studio 2 and apeSoft's Electric Vintage. NSK if I want realism or variety, apeSoft if I want simplicity and quality or if I want to sound design.

• edited October 2020

Just found a description for the original NSK for iPad that came out in 2013 -says it includes “Pedal Resonance noises react with sustain pedal messages”.
    So looks like they are there in NSK, unless this is referring to something else.
    I’ll have to have a close listen next time I have a good play with it.

• @Daveypoo said:

The best two EP apps on iPad for me are NSK Studio 2 and apeSoft's Electric Vintage. NSK if I want realism or variety, apeSoft if I want simplicity and quality or if I want to sound design.

Thanks ! Do you know if polyphony amount can be defined on NSK2 (or do you know simply the max amount) ?

• @Liquidmantis said:

@audiobussy said:

@rs2000 said:

2nd the :D

(also that gif comes from a wonderful film)

• edited October 2020

We apologize for this. We submitted the actual IAP to the AppStore a while ago, but I think because of the recent iPhone launches, the review times are way behind. This should have been approved. It shows still waiting. It usually takes 2-3 days, but this one is taking longer and I think it has to do with the Keynote address.

As far as our Effects, not sure that people know about this, but our effects are licensed from Overloud using their VKFX Suite: https://overloud.com/products/vkfx. These effects were modeled SPECIFICALLY for use with Rhodes and Electromechanical sounds. In fact, these effects are still one of the top effects racks for vintage keyboards and we licensed the exact same code as the desktop.

PS: We've also included all of the VKFX Effects Presets as well.

• @TimRussell said:
    Just found a description for the original NSK for iPad that came out in 2013 -says it includes “Pedal Resonance noises react with sustain pedal messages”.
    So looks like they are there in NSK, unless this is referring to something else.
    I’ll have to have a close listen next time I have a good play with it.

You have an incredible amount of control over the mechanical Pedal Up and Pedal Down noises. We allow for a dedicated Pedal up and Pedal down control mode, where you can choose any sound for the pedal up and pedal down noises in the PlayMode.

• edited October 2020

• Update is out!

• @GospelMusicians download is broken. Only plsying release on iPadOS 3.7. Ipad air 3. Downloaded, deleted and download again.