Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Purpl3erry - Groovistry (Goa trance)

edited October 2020 in Creations

Hi all,

Groovistry (demo):

Somoa (demo):

I’m releasing my second track called Groovistry. It’s in the same style of 90s goa trance as my other track, Somoa (formerly known as Some acid).

I also updated Somoa to change to a sine bass, fix some mixing issues so hopefully it sounds more controlled and cleaner, as well as change the name to Somoa.

Both tracks were made entirely in NS2 using stock plugins, Troublemaker, TAL U-NO-LX, and F16-filter. Both were also normalized in the final mixdown but no mastering beyond that.

Any type of critique is welcome, especially on the technical side of it.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• they are fun! I think all of the elements are there, in my opinion it could just use a little more crunch and glue. Try WOOOT on the master, or perhaps just even NS2's compressor and limiter.

• So I really like these... here is my 2 cents. I think that Shiny hit on hit, the tracks need more hmmmmm warmth. They sound a bit empty. In a addition to what Shiny said maybe add a touch of reverb, just a little so there is some space in there. Also you could add like a pink noise or some pad that runs through the song but barely hear it. I really like the bass in Samoa. Good work on these.

• edited October 2020

@shinyisshiny said:
    they are fun! I think all of the elements are there, in my opinion it could just use a little more crunch and glue. Try WOOOT on the master, or perhaps just even NS2's compressor and limiter.

@onerez said:
    So I really like these... here is my 2 cents. I think that Shiny hit on hit, the tracks need more hmmmmm warmth. They sound a bit empty. In a addition to what Shiny said maybe add a touch of reverb, just a little so there is some space in there. Also you could add like a pink noise or some pad that runs through the song but barely hear it. I really like the bass in Samoa. Good work on these.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll see what I can do about adding some warmth and background noise.