Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Module Pro has been updated with auv3 support

edited October 2020 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id932191687

• Hybrid digital synthesizer "Hybrid" module is added.
  • "Hybrid Synth Pack 2" and "Cinematic" sound packs for Hybrid module are added.
  • AUv3 is now supported. Now you can use Module in other iOS music production apps.
  • The "Fairbanks" gadget is now available in conjunction with KORG Gadget 2.
  • Added: a free trial feature for the Expansion Sound Libraries.
  • Various other tweaks have been made to improve stability.

Comments

• Holy crap, that added a ton of value to module. I’m gonna go reward their efforts by buying a few sounds.

• This is a game changer as they say on the forum. Korg may have just redeemed themselves. Now if Darwin can get on board

• Wow. Always imagined Gadget could never be AU3, but the door at least opens the slightest delicious crack...

• McDMcD
    edited October 2020

I've spent so much money on this app and it's IAPs. Finally I might start to use it in AUM projects and in some DAW's with AUv3 support. Such good news while I hold my purse strings tight. Just re-install everything which will probably take a few days. Network goblins and probably a lot of competition for download bandwidth.

Module Pro implements this ridiculous 3D imagery and Module is the more
    useful and efficient 2D GUI.

• Running fine in bm3 and gb.

• Korg is just straight up my favorite

• Wooowww. That is good.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Always imagined Gadget could never be AU3, but the door at least opens the slightest delicious crack...

You can use Gadget's gadgets in other hosts for the desktop version, like Bilbao in Logic Pro or Ableton Live for example. So the door has been open.

• i wana load auv into gadget!!!

• This is fantastic update.. but about bloody time!...

• edited October 2020

• Just bought the new expansions but they are greyed out in module loaded as auv3. Any clue?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Charlesalbert Same here in NS2.

Thanks. Maybe we can try to write this to korg.

• It doesn’t even load the bug report page on their site😂😂😂

• Omg, man, I just said that out loud... lol. I almost started a thread, then saw this one. What an amazing surprise. Let’s give it a go...

• Just managed to report to Korg.

• edited October 2020

Just save them to the User folder and they will show up in AUv3 as a work around until they fix the bug.

• edited October 2020

This is a must buy now right? I don’t already own it

Edit: just watched the hybrid synth videos. Bought it.

• You have to open the standalone app first, to sync the instruments

• @echoopera said:
    Just save them to the User folder and they will show up in AUv3 as a work around until they fix the bug.

Sorry maybe is a stupid question.

How can I save the sounds in user folder?

Thanks 🙏

• edited October 2020

How soon do we see other Korg synths get AU? 🙏😄

• @Charlesalbert said:

@echoopera said:

Sorry maybe is a stupid question.

How can I save the sounds in user folder?

Thanks 🙏

Just open the stand alone version, select the patch you want from the cinematic or hybrid set, then tap on User and press the save program button and give it a name.

• Little quickly before bedtime 😳🤪

• Its kinda cool they now give you a 7-day free trial for the IAPs. Nice work Korg

• ^ Soothing bedtime jam! :)

Pretty easy on the CPU too. 6x instances in AUM, driven by Fugue Machine never went above ~20% on a 2017 iPad Pro.

• "Hybrid Synth Pack 2" and "Cinematic" sound packs for Hybrid module are added.

Those two packs are 'greyed out' in the AUv3 :(

Tried re-booting the device and also restoring the IAPs...
    ...they work fine in the stand-alone and are quite fun to explore. Just need to make memory notes which presets to use as the 'base' for tweaking since many of them use different synthesis methods :)

iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.0.1...

Cheers!

• edited October 2020

[edited]
    Is the Cinematic pack available in gadget somewhere? I can't find it. I of course purchased it :)

oh I didn't checked Fairbanks and it's there :D

• edited October 2020

@McD said:
    Module Pro implements this ridiculous 3D imagery and Module is the more
    useful and efficient 2D GUI.

As someone who has neither, but is now interested given that it is AU, is there any advantage to the Pro over the standard version with IAPs? Or does standard + IAP = Pro?