Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Searching for an A/DA flanger on iOS

A classic flanger. Any thing close in the AppStore???

Comments

• I noticed Eventide’s new Tricerachorus has a “swirl” feature that may get close:

“SWIRL adds stereo frequency shifting for a psychedelic flange-like flavor.”

Has anyone played with that???

• My housemate back in the 70’s did work for them. He may have been involved with that one. He designed one called the Final Phase (I think that was the name) that was sought after. We had all kinds of fun when it was being worked out.

• Tricerachorus has the prerequisite BBD and a Slow Flange preset.

• Nice connection, @Crawlingwind! That must have been cool! Back then my brother worked for Atari, and I got major discounts on all Atari stuff — plus all Warner Bros. albums, so I can kinda relate. 😊

@mojozart: thinking I’ll have to add it to my Black Friday buy list!

I’m hoping it (Or some other app) will get me closer to my goal of a Jeff Healey Band cover of Blue Jeans Blues:

• Oh damn, @jolico, that one was already on my buy list, so now it’s been moved to the top.

Thanks!

• https://reverb.com/p/a-slash-da-final-phase-1979

I see there has been a reissue. I may even have an early test box around - I think it didn’t work last time I tried it.

@Crawlingwind said:
    My housemate back in the 70’s did work for them. He may have been involved with that one. He designed one called the Final Phase (I think that was the name) that was sought after. We had all kinds of fun when it was being worked out.

• Damn!

That’s pretty cool!

• There’s the Plugin Alliance emulation on desktop as well: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/ada_flanger.html

• Oh wow, that's a pretty complete emulation. It includes all the knobs, plus the switches from the top of the unit.

Will have to check that out after I free-up some space on my laptop.

Thanks for the tip!

• @SNystrom said:
    Oh wow, that's a pretty complete emulation. It includes all the knobs, plus the switches from the top of the unit.

Will have to check that out after I free-up some space on my laptop.

Thanks for the tip!

Just know you never have to pay more than $29 for a Plugin Alliance plugin. They are a bit like Waves and always eventually go on sale.

• Hmmmm, like on Black Friday, perhaps???

• More regular than that. Sign up for their email newsletter.

• @SNystrom said:
    Thanks!

Also, this survey should give you a $25 off voucher. You have to copy it after hitting submit. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SQ7NLM9

• I have the excellent-sounding reissue. The thing with the ADA Flanger is that there is a great deal of breadth to what it can do just through a minimum of tweaking - typical and atypical flanging stuff, chorus, phaser, just plain weird, etc. I only use it for guitar, but my thought is that you might need to use a variety of iOS apps to (reasonably) cover it. Haven't heard what the Plugin Alliance emulation sounds like, but it looks like a winner. Of course, it's desktop only...

• @ALB said:
    I have the excellent-sounding reissue. The thing with the ADA Flanger is that there is a great deal of breadth to what it can do just through a minimum of tweaking - typical and atypical flanging stuff, chorus, phaser, just plain weird, etc. I only use it for guitar, but my thought is that you might need to use a variety of iOS apps to (reasonably) cover it. Haven't heard what the Plugin Alliance emulation sounds like, but it looks like a winner. Of course, it's desktop only...

I'm planning to build one in Drambo later this year. What I'll most likely need are audio examples of specific settings. I've skipped through a few Youtube videos but that won't be enough to build an acceptable clone...

• @rs2000 said:

@ALB said:
    I have the excellent-sounding reissue. The thing with the ADA Flanger is that there is a great deal of breadth to what it can do just through a minimum of tweaking - typical and atypical flanging stuff, chorus, phaser, just plain weird, etc. I only use it for guitar, but my thought is that you might need to use a variety of iOS apps to (reasonably) cover it. Haven't heard what the Plugin Alliance emulation sounds like, but it looks like a winner. Of course, it's desktop only...

I'm planning to build one in Drambo later this year. What I'll most likely need are audio examples of specific settings. I've skipped through a few Youtube videos but that won't be enough to build an acceptable clone...

Looking forward to your build. Quite a task!

• @ALB said:

@rs2000 said:

@ALB said:

Looking forward to your build. Quite a task!

Absolutely. And to be honest I didn't expect it to be such a big thing. I had to learn that a good flanger can be a challenge to build. Even electronic circuit designers say that you could never know or design how one will sound like before you actually hear it. I'm still gathering information about BBDs, filter circuits and read scientific papers about BBD modelling...

• If you build it, I guess I'll have to finally break down and buy Drambo! 🤗