Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3.1.2 and Late Summer Sale available (ends Sept 14, 2020)

1235»

Comments

• edited October 2020

@Michael_R_Grant said:
    I came across a problem yesterday with Apple Pencil support while trying to enter MIDI notes in the piano roll (Apple Pencil 1, iPad Pro 10.5 inch) using Draw mode. Note entry is very unreliable - more often than not, you end up deleting a previous note, or instigating the 'hold' function where the horizontal and vertical bars surround the cell you're selecting (I don't know what that's called). I can tap directly in the middle of a cell and no new note appears. Same to the left hand side or right hand side of the cell. This happens even when zooming in a long way.

I made sure this was a problem with the app by then trying the same thing in Nanostudio 2, where MIDI note entry worked as expected even at low Zoom levels.

IME the piano roll in Cubasis is just very fussy and a PITA to use (even with a pencil). It’s almost impossible to use with fingertips. I try to avoid using it altogether or record/edit my MIDI in NS2 then export to Cubasis.
    When the new Atom comes out I will probably use this inside Cubasis.

• @TimRussell said:

IME the piano roll in Cubasis is just very fussy and a PITA to use (even with a pencil). It’s almost impossible to use with fingertips. I try to avoid using it altogether or record/edit my MIDI in NS2 then export to Cubasis.

I think we wouldn't have any problem if Steinberg simply adopted the piano roll edit buttons (and their functionality) from NS2 or do something similar.

@LFS, is it possible to introduce such feature in the piano roll?

@MobileMusic , I don't know if it is on your top100 list, I think not.

• @GLacey said:

@TimRussell said:

I think we wouldn't have any problem if Steinberg simply adopted the piano roll edit buttons (and their functionality) from NS2 or do something similar.

I don’t find it that difficult any more and I’ve only used CB3 for a few weeks. The finer your grid the more you have to zoom in. I just pick out a section I want to work on and then lock it so it won’t move. If you are putting in a series of notes tap toward the front of the first one and then toward the back of each successive note. Works for me every time. You have to find the proper level of zoom for the resolution you’re working at. I’ve seen a lot of people never zoom in or out no matter what they’re doing. They usually have problems. I honestly don’t find any other piano roll any better and some are much worse. I feel like CB3 gets some undeserved criticism around here. One thing I would like to see is a lock for the velocity, length, horizontal and vertical move buttons. Having to hold them down is awkward. @Lars

• @anickt said:

@GLacey said:

@TimRussell said:

I don’t find it that difficult any more and I’ve only used CB3 for a few weeks. The finer your grid the more you have to zoom in. I just pick out a section I want to work on and then lock it so it won’t move. If you are putting in a series of notes tap toward the front of the first one and then toward the back of each successive note. Works for me every time. You have to find the proper level of zoom for the resolution you’re working at. I’ve seen a lot of people never zoom in or out no matter what they’re doing. They usually have problems. I honestly don’t find any other piano roll any better and some are much worse. I feel like CB3 gets some undeserved criticism around here. One thing I would like to see is a lock for the velocity, length, horizontal and vertical move buttons. Having to hold them down is awkward. @Lars

Definitely agree about the lock for the velocity etc buttons.
    I am left-handed (like many others here) and it is particularly annoying.
    I’ve requested this several times on the Steinberg forum.

• @TimRussell said:

@anickt said:

@GLacey said:

@TimRussell said:

Definitely agree about the lock for the velocity etc buttons.
    I am left-handed (like many others here) and it is particularly annoying.
    I’ve requested this several times on the Steinberg forum.

Lefty here as well! Also put in a request over there. 😎👍🏼

• edited October 2020

@GLacey said:

@TimRussell said:

Okay, added a suggestion to offer a new switch button or re-use the existing Lock button to lock the pressed state of these buttons (Velocity, Move, Length, etc) -

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=300&t=199158

• edited October 2020

deleted, wrong post