Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

hanging notes

edited October 2014 in Support and Feedback

a well known appearance with MIDI. That's why there is a 'panic' button in several applications.

This evening it appeared in an unusual setup. iPad connected to an interface (Apogee Duet 2) with an Akai LPK25 attached. Apollo MIDI over bluetooth to an iPhone with Thumbjam running.

I was able to play for about two hours, changing samples and scales all the time, and suddenly Thumbjam had a hanging note. Closed all apps and made a reboot with both devices. Started Apollo MIDI over bluetooth on both devices, started Thumbjam on the iPhone, and played for a minute or two. Then again a note hanger.

I guess not one single app is responsible for this thing happening. It just happens.

Comments

• There are a few ways to stop a hanging note in TJ if it happens. Sound->Volume/iPod and then hit the Silence All button. Or if you have MIDI output enabled you'll see the All Off button in the lower right, which will also silence all internal sounds.

But you are right, the cause of such a thing can vary depending on your setup.

• I just close TJ, I have background audio disabled.