Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat time app broken again

I love this app and never know who to contact when it needs a fix, I tried support but get a offline site..so in beat time after you find your video and hit the button to convert the vid and load in into beat time it pulls up a error reading file msg...

Comments

• Is there a new version with which you are having this problem?

• Could be a youtube update broke it.
    This app isnt worth the hassle anymore, other methods are easier.

• What methods are more simple?

• Screen recording or using an online downloader site and the documents app.

• @1nsomniak said:
    Screen recording or using an online downloader site and the documents app.

Does screenrecording record the audio, for you?

Also,it would be the captured audio, not the original file.

• Some YouTube videos can cause issues but so far all videos I've tried work fine...

• Screen recordings are mono as well but sometimes quick n dirty gets the job done.

• @tja said:

@1nsomniak said:
    Screen recording or using an online downloader site and the documents app.

Does screenrecording record the audio, for you?

Also,it would be the captured audio, not the original file.

there is no 'original file' item in streaming content - all capture apps (including online services) stream the content and capture the buffers.
    Providers of content frequently change transmission schemes to make grabbing harder.
    As far a YT is concerned saving 'content' for any offline use is not covered by their terms and conditions.
    But it's tolerated to a degree for the sake of their overall business model.

• All my shyt is up to date. It worked just a few days ago and I haven’t updated anything, it’s weird it just does not work now, like every video I select does this. Guess it’s back to using my guitarRig cable a headphone splitter and a loop cable, mono is better then nothing I guess. Pffft! When the app works it works good, but every few months I can count on it not working, usually the fix is quick though.

• Beat Time is not to blame if it was working and suddenly isn't. YouTube periodically changes things up as they don't want people downloading content.

@skulptur_sound said:
    All my shyt is up to date. It worked just a few days ago and I haven’t updated anything, it’s weird it just does not work now, like every video I select does this. Guess it’s back to using my guitarRig cable a headphone splitter and a loop cable, mono is better then nothing I guess. Pffft! When the app works it works good, but every few months I can count on it not working, usually the fix is quick though.

• Yea, I always figured it was YouTube, usually after a YouTube update beat time doesn’t work anymore, then after a beat time update it’s back in business. Just hoping this gets the message out to the dev. That we in need..

@espiegel123 said:
    Beat Time is not to blame if it was working and suddenly isn't. YouTube periodically changes things up as they don't want people downloading content.

@skulptur_sound said:
    All my shyt is up to date. It worked just a few days ago and I haven’t updated anything, it’s weird it just does not work now, like every video I select does this. Guess it’s back to using my guitarRig cable a headphone splitter and a loop cable, mono is better then nothing I guess. Pffft! When the app works it works good, but every few months I can count on it not working, usually the fix is quick though.

• Sadly, this seems to be true:

Tested with several videos

• Still have not bumped into this after +50 videos?!

Maybe YouTube has made some changes on the servers which they do from time to time that mostly affects copyrighted material when people try to download them?!

• @Samu said:
    Still have not bumped into this after +50 videos?!

Maybe YouTube has made some changes on the servers which they do from time to time that mostly affects copyrighted material when people try to download them?!

Did you try today?

• @Samu said:

Could be a region thing too? Maybe Youtube servers don't roll out all over at the same time with updates? Etc?

Anyway, I find PlayerXtreme is awesome in that they update super pronto and it seems I have never hit a time i could not download a video, unlike all the other browser addons/apps etc. Also it is a just a kick ass player. Streams straight off your windows homeshare etc, no need to install a client on desktop etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/playerxtreme-media-player/id456584471?mt=8

• @tja said:

Did you try today?

Yepp and again just a few minutes ago :)

I guess it depends on what kind of 'content' one wishes to download and I suspect it's the copy-righted stuff that causes 'problems'...

• tjatja
    edited January 2019

@AudioGus I own PlayerXtrem but see no way to download a video. Could you give a hint?

@Samu Yes, I now tried which worked!
    Thanks

• @skulptur_sound : there is a new version that says it addresses the problematic videos

• Updated this AM and should be able to test it soon.. 🙏 thank you

• Works perfectly for me. What a story of redemption!

• Let's just hope Lenny's latest video doesn't pull the app from the AppStore...
    (He will likely get a copyright strike since its not legally allowed to download from Youtube).

• Doesn’t he KNOW the first rule of Beattime?

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Doesn’t he KNOW the first rule of Beattime?

Apparently not...
    ...if the app gets pulled from the AppStore we all know who to blame :D

• I only download from my own uploaded videos to which I own the copyright. Honest!

• edited September 2020

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

Could be a region thing too? Maybe Youtube servers don't roll out all over at the same time with updates? Etc?

Anyway, I find PlayerXtreme is awesome in that they update super pronto and it seems I have never hit a time i could not download a video, unlike all the other browser addons/apps etc. Also it is a just a kick ass player. Streams straight off your windows homeshare etc, no need to install a client on desktop etc.

Thanks for the tip. IYO: Worth getting the Pro?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

Thanks for the tip. IYO: Worth getting the Pro?

Yes, particularly because at the time when I did it all it cost me was a scout’s honour five star rating. Thumbs up!

• @Samu said:
    Let's just hope Lenny's latest video doesn't pull the app from the AppStore...
    (He will likely get a copyright strike since its not legally allowed to download from Youtube).

Youtube have tried for years to block downloading videos.
    The only thing they have successfully achieved is to wreck video playback on a number of devices.

• Anyone else noticing that beat time downloading started taking much much longer a few months ago?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Anyone else noticing that beat time downloading started taking much much longer a few months ago?

There was an update in the last couple of weeks that has more or less fixed things for me.