Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Machine+ vs. Machine mk3 vs. Akai MPC One

very interesting comparision ... for me biggest surprise is CPU power of Machine+ - it can handle pretty much lot of stuff !!!

Comments

• Loopop is great, this video would convince me to buy the MKIII rather than the +, since battery packs are heavier than some quad-core notebooks. And no graphical representation of automation and no deep synth editing on the +. Hopefully full disk-streaming support is added (not just Kontakt libs?), though I wonder how well that'll work from a modern fast SD card, and if the +'s hardware supports those modern fast SD cards.

<8 instances of Prism before it runs out of steam? And the UI's sluggishness at 20:20 is concerning. Prism's a Reaktor instrument so maybe that's not fair. So say, ~8 different plugins like he demonstrates at 21:02 is more realistic.

Hopefully the + makes Akai get serious about that Force update.

• edited September 2020

instances of Prism before it runs out of steam?

Prism is very CPU hungey plugin even on desktop... on other side it can handle up to 16 instances of Massive and looks like even more of FM8... that's plethora of power for even complex tracks... and sampler impact on CPU looks very small... for me the CPU power if + is actually very impressive, looks like half of i7 quad core 2.7 ghz in that macbook, which is very good..

MPC One can handle just 8 instances of simple mediocre sounding (at leadt based on demos) synth, which cannot be compared to neither Massive nor FM8.

For me M+ is clear winner.

• @WillieNegus said:
    Hoping mine arrives in the morning.🙏🏽😬

👏👍 congrats, it looks like powerful instrument, wish lot of inspiration with it ;-)

• Oh man. Is this going to take me over the edge?

• I won’t be surprised if NI optimize the software further .
    If M+ was at 1000€ range I’d certainly buy it instead of One
    Well , maybe I would check the Force first , but still the workflow seems smoother .

• From a pure aesthetics perspective the M+ looks like a slick Porsche while the MPC line look like a rumbling Ford. Sure it has a v8 and can haul on the track, but which one would i want to sit in traffic in and drive along pristine mountain passes?

I know it’s silly to think about aesthetics, but the M+ gives me the same feels that my Elektron gear does...i just want to play. It never feels like work, whereas the MPC, while i love my One, always feels like work.

Man...i think my inner dialogue is winning me over here hahah🤪

• That’s it, I’m not reading thread any more. Man, I didn’t even want this thing or need it! I gotta get outta here.

• edited September 2020

@echoopera said:
    From a pure aesthetics perspective the M+ looks like a slick Porsche while the MPC line look like a rumbling Ford. Sure it has a v8 and can haul on the track, but which one would i want to sit in traffic in and drive along pristine mountain passes?

I know it’s silly to think about aesthetics, but the M+ gives me the same feels that my Elektron gear does...i just want to play. It never feels like work, whereas the MPC, while i love my One, always feels like work.

Man...i think my inner dialogue is winning me over here hahah🤪

Seriously, considerimg what gear you have now, me being you the choice where to spend 1.4k€ would be Analog 4 mk2 :-)

• wow... this looks like great production environment, I'm surprised how capable it is.

• @WillieNegus said:
    Wow, works plugged into both of my Jeep outlets!🙌🏾. So, technically it should work fine with 12V battery banks but i bet you’ll still need DC output. I don’t think usb power will suffice.

Man o man. I can take the top off of my Jeep, plug in my Bose PA speakers and plus and do a concert anywhere my Rubi can go which is...everywhere 🤘🏾😝🤘🏾

How in the hell did you get it so quick???? I thought it was October 1st. Alright I’m driving south right now.

• From what I understand if I get Machine Plus and want to edit an FM8 patch, I have to buy FM8 and edit it on a computer - so I still need to use a computer anyway.

Feel free to correct me there.

• @WillieNegus said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    From what I understand if I get Machine Plus and want to edit an FM8 patch, I have to buy FM8 and edit it on a computer - so I still need to use a computer anyway.

Feel free to correct me there.

You can edit all you want. What you can’t do, yet, is save it as a new patch from the hardware. The settings and adjustments save with the project so it is a non issue that I’m sure will be addressed at some point.

I see. I wasn't sure because he showed parameter editing for Massive but not for FM8.

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Wow, works plugged into both of my Jeep outlets!🙌🏾. So, technically it should work fine with 12V battery banks but i bet you’ll still need DC output. I don’t think usb power will suffice.

Man o man. I can take the top off of my Jeep, plug in my Bose PA speakers and plus and do a concert anywhere my Rubi can go which is...everywhere 🤘🏾😝🤘🏾

How in the hell did you get it so quick???? I thought it was October 1st. Alright I’m driving south right now.

Lmao. Didn’t get mine yet. Still freeloading.lol. I know 2 people who preordered that did get theirs tho.

Hoping for tomm.

*edit: you’re welcome to come down and do the same if you’re still on the fence. If you try it you’re gonna buy it tho... I think you know that already judging by your collection 😂

Ohh I’m not on the fence I just have to get rid of some stuff or downgrade. I’m not sure which to do yet. I need a newer iPad, finish building my computer (open labs Dbeat—-going AMD). Get me a nice desk and most importantly buy a HOUSE!!! So you see, I gotta wait a while 😂😂😂😂

• I hemmed and hawwed over this but ended up with an Op-1... mostly for size reasons...If NI comes with a M+ mikro I’ll be duly salivating

• Welp just picked mine up in store at local Guitar Center. Check their website for your local store. They had 4 in stock. There goes the weekend.

• I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+😩😩😩

• @WillieNegus said:

@echoopera said:
    Welp just picked mine up in store at local Guitar Center. Check their website for your local store. They had 4 in stock. There goes the weekend.

Enjoy! Loving mines so far.

Install library now and will have a play tonight. Can’t wait.

• @echoopera said:

@WillieNegus said:

@echoopera said:
    Welp just picked mine up in store at local Guitar Center. Check their website for your local store. They had 4 in stock. There goes the weekend.

I’m a MPC One owner also...eagerly awaiting your review!

• @WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+😩😩😩

Haha. You don’t. Seriously. But, you’ll love it whenever you decide you do. It’s not without flaws, I’ve had one freeze and a few random reboots in the last 72 hours. Support is on it and also very transparent about upcoming fixes and updates.

NI is definitely cooking tho 🔥

Good to know

• edited October 2020

@hansjbs said:
    I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+, I don’t need the maschine+😩😩😩

Ok, and now stop and run to nearest store. Resistance is futile. :trollface:

• edited October 2020

@thatguysmitty said:

@echoopera said:

@WillieNegus said:

@echoopera said:

Well...so far 1 hour in i have made something using built in sounds which i freaking love and i don’t really fully comprehend the workflow 😬

But wow the feel of these freaking pads are like playing firm silk. So freaking smooth and responsive. Makes my MPC One feel like I’m playing some pieces of frozen ham chunks on a brick.

This is the future for me after just 1 hour. My spirit feelz it. 👊🏼™️💕

I ain’t going back brother...no way no how...NI nailed it with this gem.

• Pads on Maschine have always supreme.

• @echoopera Thanks for your first impressions!

I most likely won't buy one because time spent with the box is time I can't spend on the iPad but everyone should explore all the possibilities out there that might improve the creative process. Immediacy is key.

• edited October 2020

Very interested to hear what the new owners think, especially if they have previous experience of MPC.

I have no current experience with either workflow, but I am very taken with the idea of supplementing my mostly iPad based noodling with something that shares the away from the computer/sofa style that suits me, but having watched (and rewatched) loopop I’m torn.

Don’t strictly need battery power as I can find power sockets. I do like the idea of the Akai’s touch screen. BUT then, I also love the idea of Kontakt’s weirder desktop instruments, like Mysteria, and a bundle deal with the Maschine+ could be the way to go, to maximise my at the computer Ableton options... BUT maybe I should bundle Kontakt with the small S series keyboard instead... (fed up of seeing so many cheap or free weird granular/odd synth/real world sound packs which are ‘full Kontakt reqd ’)... BUT the MPC Live II makes a better fit with my semi modular hardware, and I love it’s autosampling thing which will let me easily take my analog noises to the Sofa (Don’t have the patience or application to do a proper job of multi sampling myself)... BUT... According to Loopop, Maschine+ doesn’t have that... BUT I somehow cracked the screen of my IPad Air a couple of days ago, works but takes the shine off, so maybe the universe wants me to buy a new iPad instead... very confused!

Maybe just best to wait and see which drops it’s price first.

• edited October 2020

Looks like the ONE lost its place on the shelf for now. Really loving the M+ so far. Lots to learn.

Can’t wait to get it sequencing my favorite iPad synths. Should be a fun week learning the ins and outs of the Maschine way.

• @echoopera You've just answered my secret question (what in the world did he do with all the gear he's purchased before)...
    They're alive! 😁

• @echoopera said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@echoopera said:

@WillieNegus said:

@echoopera said:

Well...so far 1 hour in i have made something using built in sounds which i freaking love and i don’t really fully comprehend the workflow 😬

But wow the feel of these freaking pads are like playing firm silk. So freaking smooth and responsive. Makes my MPC One feel like I’m playing some pieces of frozen ham chunks on a brick.

This is the future for me after just 1 hour. My spirit feelz it. 👊🏼™️💕

I ain’t going back brother...no way no how...NI nailed it with this gem.

I’ve got the Maschine MK3, and have been a Maschine user since day one with the MK1. I bought the MPC One just to try out the workflow and because of its portability. I really dig it but...had no idea the NI would actually deliver on a stand alone Maschine! Now, I’m seriously thinking of selling the MPC and my MK3 and getting the M+. It’d be like having the best of both worlds!

• @echoopera I’m also a fan of the stacked shelf set-up due to lack of space!

• @echoopera said:
    Looks like the ONE lost its place on the shelf for now. Really loving the M+ so far. Lots to learn.

Can’t wait to get it sequencing my favorite iPad synths. Should be a fun week learning the ins and outs of the Maschine way.

If Akai updates the Force maybe you could sell the One and it might* replace the Push ;)
    (*depending on how deep you dive to Ableton)

• edited October 2020

@WillieNegus said:
    ...> @echoopera said:

Nice!...have you an interface that will allow you enough midi outs to control your other gear or haven’t you tried yet? If you need any help holla.

Nice... I’m giving myself more and more reasons to get the maschine+. Will not get rid of my MPC X tho. My workflow with my MPC X and my maschine Mk3 are totally different and I love that. It reflects on the type of music I make. Same with my iPad and BM3