Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioLayer, chameleon ,... is possible to modulate or midi CC sample start?

What the title say... I need a sampler with (Range Limited) random sample start .
Thanks!!

Comments

• Only AUv3 sampler ?

• Yes auv3 only, but would be great to know if others do!

• Only ElasticDrums (not AU) with midi learn and random LFO

• I have elastic drums... but it will work for 1-2 minutes long multisamples across the keyboard?

Also, would work in the samplers inside BM3 or obsidian in NS2?

• IAA only: Korg Gadget with Vancouver IAP: use OSC 1Start/Length. Default CC#s 14, 15 - tap [Function] to see/learn assignment. 10s max (unless recorded/played back at different octaves).

I surmise there is also sampling powers in both, Drambo and mirack.

• edited September 2020

@Synthi said:
    I have elastic drums... but it will work for 1-2 minutes long multisamples across the keyboard?

Also, would work in the samplers inside BM3 or obsidian in NS2?

Avoid BM3 , until new version comes and see if it brings anything useful.
    For now , it doesn’t have any kind of mapping for sample/loop points and midi mapping is a bad joke.

ElasticDrums is useful only for short sounds , well it’s not an actual sampler
    I don’t have NS2 unfortunately.( Edit : it seems doable ,check the video 3 posts below :) )

• edited September 2020

NS2, Drambo, miRack: They're all quite strong in the modulation section.
    AudioLayer is the opposite: Just a few basic modulations, that's it. Nothing related to sample playback position.
    BM3 has a very good sampler on board, I don't really see the point in using a third party sampler except - well, except that sample start modulation. Hmm.

• edited September 2020

@Synthi said:
    Yes auv3 only, but would be great to know if others do!

Then NS2 Obsidian for example - you can modulate sample start, loop start and loop lenght by any of available mod sources - including "rand" which means random, with value possible to se 0..100 (percentage of sample length)

you can also automate sample start by assigning ot to macro knobs - then every played note sampke starts on offset defined by automation curve

• I found a video for NS2 , jump to 2:30

• Thanks!!!!