Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox Synths

edited September 2020 in General App Discussion

Is it just me, or does anyone else love Ampify Groovebox Synths. I wish they were Audio Units. Poly 8, Retrobass, Minimon and Horizon are just stunning to me. The sounds I get from them are infinite. Honestly if they were Audio Units, they could have probably prevented me from buying 75% of the ios synths I've purchased

Comments

• It's the app I use 90% of the time for sketching ideas, like an even more portable Circuit for me.

• edited September 2020

they are amazing - simple but great sounding, with warm huge sound... having them as AUv3 would be great...

• @Imhodef said:
    Is it just me, or does anyone else love Ampify Groovebox Synths. I wish they were Audio Units. Poly 8, Retrobass, Minimon and Horizon are just stunning to me. The sounds I get from them are infinite. Honestly if they were Audio Units, they could have probably prevented me from buying 75% of the ios synths I've purchased

Could not agree more! And omg I love their random patterns!

• You've got that about right :)

• @Imhodef said:

agreed. the amplify groovebox is my go to drum beat sketch pad. i really wish it would go Au. that would be huge. and they alway add new kits.

• edited September 2020

id be happy with multi out! and toss is some midi in per synth channel and you have self contained winner like gadget but with GB! i’m not against auv3 for these but i highly doubt they will come since they work so hard on the actual GB app , i think multi out would be more likely

• edited September 2020

@reasOne
    auv3 for these but i highly doubt they will come since they work so hard on the actual GB app

yeah, i'm in doubt too.. it's a pity because also UI format (half height) is ideal for AUv3 .. I can almost see how beautifully it would work in other hosts :)))

• @dendy said:

@reasOne
    auv3 for these but i highly doubt they will come since they work so hard on the actual GB app

yeah, i'm in doubt too.. it's a pity because also UI format (half height) is ideal for AUv3 .. I can almost see how beautifully it would work in other hosts :)))

ikr! they already have the design laid out perfectly

• side note. if you buy a soundpack on your ipad , good luck getting it to show up on your iphone! mine never do since a recent update. i’ve purchased 5 packs in the past months on my ipad and they still aren’t in the restore screen of the ipad.

• I like the Ampify Groovebox as well but I find the Bass synth sounds a little woolly and weak at times requiring a deal of processing - which is why I wish it had multiple outs.
    Love the drums and the other synths. I get a lot of use out of all the Ampify apps.

• It needs panning and midi out or at least midi export. Ableton midi export is useless to me until Ableton comes to iOS, but then it will probably become obsolete for me because of Ableton :)

• On of top 10 apps I’d buy again .

Regardless the fact the “PRO” IAP doesn’t have the new synth,but it’s separate purchase.

• It’s a great app but lack of panning is annoying

• @Imhodef said:

Or even if it would export ‘just’ Midi (als has midi).. But yes, I would invest more in it if was AU.

• @RajahP, you can extract Groovebox MIDI from a saved Ableton set using a script with the Pythonista app. The process is described in the Audiobus Wiki:

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=pythonista_als_to_midifile_converter

I had to comment out line #140 to get it to work, but it does work.

• I opened this and tried the random pattern creator, it’s bonkers

• @GRiker said:
    @RajahP, you can extract Groovebox MIDI from a saved Ableton set using a script with the Pythonista app. The process is described in the Audiobus Wiki:

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=pythonista_als_to_midifile_converter

I had to comment out line #140 to get it to work, but it does work.

Thanks, this slipped me… wish AudiShare did this…