Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordBud 2 & RhythmBud (Cem Olcay) full double bill video walkthrough (5 apps to give away!)

ChordBud 2 & RhythmBud (Cem Olcay) full double bill video walkthrough (5 apps to give away!)

Subscribers to the channel have the chance to win ANY one of Cem’s apps. Look at the pinned comment at the top of the youtube comments section for details.

ChordBud 2 by Cem Olcay, developer of ArpBud 2 and Stepbud, is a midi chord sequencer AUv3 for iOS with some cool features including more than 40 scale types, ability to do chord inversions and midi CC control of patterns. It provides a way for even people who can’t play a keyboard at all to set up beautiful chord progressions. It pairs extremely well with RhythmBud by the same developer, which allows you to get a strum-like effect on the chords, as well as offering arp and ratchet features.

Comments

• By tbe way, just to mention - the blip with inversions was my fault: I was looping one note but editing another. Also, RhythmBud undo and redo is mysteriously working again, though it definitely wasn't working correctly in the vid ✌️

• @Gavinski said:
    By tbe way, just to mention - the blip with inversions was my fault: I was looping one note but editing another. Also, RhythmBud undo and redo is mysteriously working again, though it definitely wasn't working correctly in the vid ✌️

Un/Redo still mysteriously NOT working here.

• @zilld2017 said:

@Gavinski said:
    By tbe way, just to mention - the blip with inversions was my fault: I was looping one note but editing another. Also, RhythmBud undo and redo is mysteriously working again, though it definitely wasn't working correctly in the vid ✌️

Un/Redo still mysteriously NOT working here.

Good to know it wasn't just me had a problem. There was no update from when it didn't work to when it did, so there is definitely some kind of bug here, it's somehow unstable Cem!

@cem_olcay

• @cem_olcay
    I am experimenting a bit with RhythmBud atm.
    I have a question regarding this screen:

It seems to me the random values are just generated while you set this up and stay the same every cycle, right?
    Would it be possible to have an option for „random every cycle“ so that the randomness gets randomly randomned :smile: ?
    Or is it actually implemented that way?
    Thanks in advance!

• Weird, it seemed to me when I was doing my vid that it did change each time, I just tried now, it doesn't. Would indeed be nice to have something to toggle on/off whether the random re-randomizes every time @cem_olcay or whether it just randomizes once and repeats.

• @Gavinski said:
    Weird, it seemed to me when I was doing my vid that it did change each time, I just tried now, it doesn't. Would indeed be nice to have something to toggle on/off whether the random re-randomizes every time @cem_olcay or whether it just randomizes once and repeats.

I heard that in your video I thought that it randomized every time. But yes what you are suggesting sounds great

• Yeah, I haven't gone back and watched that again but it did, didn't it? But it didn't when I checked earlier.... Weird

• Also, Royor pointed out in the comments section, I didn't go over the snapshot and record functions. Those are pretty obvious easy to get, anyway, and there's always the in-app tutorial for catching those little details.

• @Gavinski @cem_olkay another great feature would be that when you hit random, it randomize the sequence once every few bars then go back to the first randomization and then accent certain notes for example the third or the second like Thelonious Monk did. Can this be achieved?

• @Prog1967 that sounds good. You can never have too many variations on random, in my book.

• The lucky winners:

Sascha Lassig (cb2)
    Teo Bonvini (Arpbud 2)
    Renu aka raunak (chordbud 2)
    Joliueke (cb2)
    Russ8889 (cb2)

• Congrats to the winners.

• I'm still having problems with this skipping chords. Anyone else?

• None here. It’s weird some people are plagued by it and some like me never had it happen... but then again I’m still on the beta...

• I hope this gets fixed because it really makes it unusable.

• edited October 2020

Hi @Gavinski
    Thanks for the great tutorials.
    I was having the same issues with most of the bud series apps. Since I’m a newcomer to iOS noise making i thought it was due to my general lack of knowledge/ability. I realized I was using them only on AUM. After testing AB3 and ApeMatrix without any skips, I decided to delete and reinstall AUM.
    No issues whatsoever now. Maybe you should try the same.

• @Yodha huh, thanks, interesting info, I have so much stuff in aum, I'm not sure I'd want to delete it in case I made some kind of mistake in backing up the files and presets etc though.