Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

\\ Remix this // [submit your songs for reinterpretation]

edited October 2020 in Creations

Would also like to see other artists do the same. Different approach (almost) compared to the collab thread.

Create a Dropbox folder or something similar with whatever you feel comfortable adding to it. Add notes if you like here or within the folder. You can submit stems / midi / just vocals / whatever you like. You also have the option to post your song with the link to the remix folder. I know some remixers don’t like to listen to the original before they remix. Can really tear down any sonic walls or preconceived direction.

I’m going to create something with drums / synths / noise / vox etc and like to see who does what to the track. I will include stems to work with + plus the bpm.

If anyone is interested, raise your hand.

[update Oct 12th]
Remix kit for “Do Not” is available now // included is the aum project + stems // I kept the vox dry (mine/Maddy) // no rush on the remix / have fun with it // post the tracks on YouTube / SoundCloud etc // just name your mix

60bpm // E major (Ionian)
AUM project is within

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ba3v06wjb1ok66b/AADx_9iYfDAWDmfQqWxaw1Gga?dl=0

Original mix below

Comments

• Never did that - would like to try but with no promise to a usable output :smile:

• Nice, yes please, and key if possible. If not will wing it :) will be a nice exercise

• Looking forward to it. This is an experience for both sides. Remixer can possibly try out a different genre and then whoever want to expose their work can listen to a different interpretation. Everything is useable ;)

@MrBlaschke said:
    Never did that - would like to try but with no promise to a usable output :smile:

Nice!

@shinyisshiny said:
    im in!

I like the possible of remixers to wing it. Try to remove and sonic boundaries :)

@iammane said:
    Nice, yes please, and key if possible. If not will wing it :) will be a nice exercise

• Sounds interesting I'm in.

• I can try to add something digestible.

• im in boi

• Don't know if that'll work, but i'll give it a try!

• What a nice idea!

• OG post is updated with the remix kit for “Do Not”

paging @MrBlaschke / @shinyisshiny / @iammane / @Jumpercollins / @Intrepolicious / @noob / @PartOfPayn / @Synthi + anyone else that is interested!

• @iOSTRAKON great - got the files.
    As time moves i actually have a poop-load of work (thank god for this in these times).
    But will follow this path. Just wanted to confirm that the download went well :smile:
    Stay safe!

• Files received :triumph: looking forward to this

• Enjoy and stay safe as well

@MrBlaschke said:
    @iOSTRAKON great - got the files.
    As time moves i actually have a poop-load of work (thank god for this in these times).
    But will follow this path. Just wanted to confirm that the download went well :smile:
    Stay safe!

Tear it apart!

@iammane said:
    Files received :triumph: looking forward to this

• lemme download dis

• edited October 2020

I downloaded the package, but literally the only apps I have that you’re using in this are Ravenscroft, Fugue Machine and AUM.

Edit: of course I can always just play around with the included wav recordings

• edited October 2020

I used only the wavs , (apart from digistix Bd at the end )Resulted in a fun (well) mix with a Jackhammer from outside building site... ipad mic -> window - >annoyed workers -> jackhammer->AUM->DDMF, L2, Saturn, Burns granulator on vox. Wanted to keep the poetic feel.. downloadable here ->
    now my ears bleed

• Excellent!!!

@noob said:
    I used only the wavs , (apart from digistix Bd at the end )Resulted in a fun (well) mix with a Jackhammer from outside building site... ipad mic -> window - >annoyed workers -> jackhammer->AUM->DDMF, L2, Saturn, Burns granulator on vox. Wanted to keep the poetic feel.. downloadable here ->
    now my ears bleed

• Definitely or just Use a few of them and add in your own elements // go crazy with it

@Intrepolicious said:
    I downloaded the package, but literally the only apps I have that you’re using in this are Ravenscroft, Fugue Machine and AUM.

Edit: of course I can always just play around with the included wav recordings

• Aight, here goes:

Really dug the industrial sound of the original, I kept getting this Vampire The Masquerade vibe off it especially when I ran your vocals through Voice Synth. I can't remember the name of the track from the soundtrack but it's what inspired this.

My first thought was to use Gadget, but I had issues with the longer vocal passages and triggering them across the whole track. So I went to my next port of call for remixes - GarageBand. This features Replicant 2, KORG Module AUv3, Voice Synth, Korvpressor, Effectrix and Blackhole Reverb. Also an unused FX slot I forgot to delete :)

If interested, below is the link to the song file. I dunno if it will work or not, or if anyone cares really.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tql3a4uwo9lqkc/iOSTRAKON - Do Not (iammane Masquerade Mix).band.zip?dl=0

@iOSTRAKON thanks man, this was a good project to work on :smiley:

• Fantastic idea. Way less pressure than the collab thread for us introverts 🤓

• Some fans / listeners don’t give remixes enough credit. I’ve usually enjoyed hearing different approaches to a song. Turning a metal song into an industrial for example.

@iammane and @noob perfectly take a song and put their stamp on it. If not their own stamp or usual style, it can help the artist to branch out. Great work, mofos!

@iammane said:
    Aight, here goes:

Really dug the industrial sound of the original, I kept getting this Vampire The Masquerade vibe off it especially when I ran your vocals through Voice Synth. I can't remember the name of the track from the soundtrack but it's what inspired this.

My first thought was to use Gadget, but I had issues with the longer vocal passages and triggering them across the whole track. So I went to my next port of call for remixes - GarageBand. This features Replicant 2, KORG Module AUv3, Voice Synth, Korvpressor, Effectrix and Blackhole Reverb. Also an unused FX slot I forgot to delete :)

If interested, below is the link to the song file. I dunno if it will work or not, or if anyone cares really.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tql3a4uwo9lqkc/iOSTRAKON - Do Not (iammane Masquerade Mix).band.zip?dl=0

Definitely no pressure at all, hope more noisemakers add their tracks for remixes.

@gusgranite said:
    Fantastic idea. Way less pressure than the collab thread for us introverts 🤓

• trippy B) great to hear different interpretations on the same stems > @iammane said:

Aight, here goes:

• edited October 2020

@iOSTRAKON
    OK....here’s my contribution to the fun....

Had a bit of fun with this one. Loaded the original wavs into BM3. Sliced, diced, manipulated and arranged. Then mixed it in Auria Pro. I had a weird inspiration from listening to some Verve the other day. Anyway, had a tonne of effects on things. Lots of fun. Nice to do something outside of my own world. I hope you enjoy it.

• Hell yeah // great work
    Experimental and mesmerizing

@arktek said:
    @iOSTRAKON

Had a bit of fun with this one. Loaded the original wavs into BM3. Sliced, diced, manipulated and arranged. Then mixed it in Auria Pro. I had a weird inspiration from listening to some Verve the other day. Anyway, had a tonne of effects on things. Lots of fun. Nice to do something outside of my own world. I hope you enjoy it.

• edited October 2020

@arktek niiice I do think its more fun like this- destroy n slice stems , I mean @iOSTRAKON got all the fkin apps in the appstore, this way anyone can do remixes without setting their wallets on fire

@arktek said:
    @iOSTRAKON

• edited October 2020

@noob the beauty of wav files. I don't even think you need to think too much about key and then you can just put those files anywhere. It's the fun side of samplers. I think that's where BM3 can shine. Even though it's kind of designed with that in mind. It actually gets more interesting when you take it out of that environment. I actually do more stuff by direct audio manipulation than getting too stuck in MIDI. I also think that with a little imagination any of the DAWs can be used as great big samplers. Tha's how I've always viewed their potential.

@iOSTRAKON thanks for the feedback and thanks for putting this out there. You could go so many ways with this track, but this is what was there when I opened the box.

• I’m really enjoying working on this. It was definitely the creative diversion I needed.

• Had a lot of fun working with the original materials. Lots of ApeSoft apps used, especially Sparkle for voice transformation. Kept the Fugue motif driving PureSynth and Kronecker.

Comments are welcome since I have just 6 months of music/noise making and still struggle a lot.

Everything I know I learned here in the forum. Thank you all and hope you enjoy 🙏

• Great work @Yodha ! Very ghostly & mystical atmosphere. You’ve done a great job picking up lessons on the forum. Keep it up!

@Yodha said:
    Had a lot of fun working with the original materials. Lots of ApeSoft apps used, especially Sparkle for voice transformation. Kept the Fugue motif driving PureSynth and Kronecker.

Comments are welcome since I have just 6 months of music/noise making and still struggle a lot.

Everything I know I learned here in the forum. Thank you all and hope you enjoy 🙏

• edited October 2020

@Yodha said:
    Had a lot of fun working with the original materials. Lots of ApeSoft apps used, especially Sparkle for voice transformation. Kept the Fugue motif driving PureSynth and Kronecker.

niiice. the Vox hehe like. And the Kronecker resonated stuff also @Yodha